Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 eyes where did my shield gate go ?

_Anise_

Question

I'm trying to solo the 60 eye boss, colect all the eyes cake! so far it dosn't boss seem hard its just littered with one hit kill mechanics, one of them hits me and I die

so I get revived by my companion and straight out of the revive animation I get one shot! directly down, do not shield gate do not collect 200plat.

kinda annoyed to not get a shield gate at all it was so fast I couldnt even move out of the beam

so what gives is this a bug ?

12 answers to this question

It's not a boss power it's the energy waves and the lasers -- they proc magnetic which strips shield and slows regen. Use Arcane Nullifier.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This boss is not for you to steamroll over and be an invulnerable god

Please. This is Warframe we are talking about. There's already solo sub-5m clears of this boss on Youtube. The only reason it takes that long is because of the crazy damage mitigation on the boss.

• Like 3

Not a bug

The Boss can disable certain powers and passives that grant you invulnerable stuff. I won't list everything here it can disable but Shield/HP gate, Iron Skin, Rev's gate power thingy, etc.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The Boss can disable certain powers and passives that grant you invulnerable stuff. I won't list everything here it can disable but Shield/HP gate, Iron Skin, Rev's gate power thingy, etc.

Bypassing Warframe powers is common enough that that seems reasonable, but bypassing the shield gate mechanic that is innate to every Warframe with shields?  To me that feels like it crosses a threshold.  Have DE explicitly stated this is not a bug?  Is there a source?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I'm trying to solo the 60 eye boss, colect all the eyes cake! so far it dosn't boss seem hard its just littered with one hit kill mechanics, one of them hits me and I die

so I get revived by my companion and straight out of the revive animation I get one shot! directly down, do not shield gate do not collect 200plat.

kinda annoyed to not get a shield gate at all it was so fast I couldnt even move out of the beam

I've solo'd the boss, but the reality is this boss is riddled with bad design from a team that seems neither capable of, nor interested in, actually balancing the game at high level properly, so instead they disable the multiple, multiple facets they don't want to address and we end up with a situation in which the boss cheeses the player. Arcane Nullifier did appear to help me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I am not trying to be an " invulnerable god " but dying basically in the revive animation because the lazer went off right when I revived ? lol

8 hours ago, Silligoose said:

so instead they disable the multiple, multiple facets they don't want to address

the old Inaros thing, when warframe powers didn't work people would just take him as a meat tank where abilities did nothing, curious who you used to solo I was doing the pillage thing right up until the last boss with nothing to strip it was kinda a losing battle.

8 hours ago, Silligoose said:

Arcane Nullifier did appear to help me.

k going to have to put that one on the farm, can the boss mechanics still target Ivara in stealth? I figure they are turning off immunity they probably do

11 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

k going to have to put that one on the farm, can the boss mechanics still target Ivara in stealth? I figure they are turning off immunity they probably do

Yes, the boss and also mumur fodder "ignore" invis. They can't directly target you but they will "sense" you and chase you in whatever direction you move. On a boss this is some DE cheese mechanic, but on fodder enemies it's just BS. Just more of DE's "balance" mechanism of  taking things away from the player.

• Like 1

Le 03/01/2024 à 16:50, _Anise_ a dit :

I solo this boss and perhaps I can give you some hints for survivability:

1) Rolling Guard mandatory : the boss can "silence" your abilities for 3 seconds. No ability will be able to keep you safe and armor tank may not help you. 

2) Use a warframe with high armor and an ability that can protect you from damage. I use Revenant : Mesmer Skin protects me when I'm not "silenced" and Rolling Guard protects me when I'm "silenced".

3) Use your Necramech : there are consoles for calling your Necramech everywhere. Almost always you can call your Necramech at one of the rooms just before going to fight the boss. But remember : once destroyed, you won't be able to quit the boss zone to hack another Necramech console. 

Edited by AegidiusF
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-03 at 12:19 PM, isbergen said:

It's not a boss power it's the energy waves and the lasers -- they proc magnetic which strips shield and slows regen. Use Arcane Nullifier.

At least according to DE, a Magnetic proc does the following:

Magnetic: New Status Effect entirely: enhanced Damage! First Magnetic Status Effect deals 100% additional Shield damage, subsequent Magnetic Status add +25% for a total of 325% (capped). Enemies under a Magnetic Status Effect cannot regenerate Shields. Magnetic Status Duration is now 6 seconds.

Based on my reading of that, Magnetic status effects result in more damage being done to shields.  So if the player is hit by a Magnetic proc, that still wouldn't explain how OP is getting one-shot when they have shields, because whatever hit removes the last of their shields should activate their shield gate, nullifying any further damage for the duration of the shield gate.  Unless there's something I'm missing?

Source:

14 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

the old Inaros thing, when warframe powers didn't work people would just take him as a meat tank where abilities did nothing, curious who you used to solo I was doing the pillage thing right up until the last boss with nothing to strip it was kinda a losing battle.

Rhino - dude is even more broken with the overguard gate. My Rev got killed by a shot despite having active Mesmer Skin charges though.

There are some frames I was thinking of trying (Volt, Protea, Nezha), but then I remind myself not only did DE decide to take a lot of Warframe out of this boss fight too and make it rather monotone despite the variety we have, but they put an even longer mission requirement ahead of it. So silly. I'll probably just use that time to play something else.

Yeah Pillage is pretty great, but without Blazing Pillage it can run out of steam.

15 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

It seemed to help me. I also think I got some value out of the Guardian mod on my sentinel. I read about Ivara cheese somewhere on the forum when using her wire (I think), but I've not tried it. Octavia has a pretty easy time cheesing the boss though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

because whatever hit removes the last of their shields should activate their shield gate, nullifying any further damage for the duration of the shield gate.  Unless there's something I'm missing?

Depends on frame. Shield gate is 1.33s at ~300 shields. I believe those lasers are out for longer than that. Also once shield breaks once, the gate time decreases to almost nothing until shields are regenerated. But as stated above Arcane Nullifier solves the issue so it's definitely the magnetic procs destroying shields quickly.

I think for this fight solo I just used Octavia's mallet and let it damage itself, since it has damage attenuation anyways, and just waited it out. The ability nullifying effect seemed to hit me anywhere across the arena, even while constantly bullet jumping and rolling, and most of the attacks it has one-shot without gating and rolling guard (which I used, but there's so many attacks that having operator and abilities disabled usually results in death when those forms of invuln are not available).

I didn't use arcane nullifier either and it did feel like the gating just wasn't present - I'm wondering if there's either some interaction with how the timing works (the thresholds not being reset, so it's 0.33s instead of higher) or just the magnetic status preventing regen being a pain, but I couldn't be bothered to do this boss solo again since it took multiple attempts (since no revives) and like 10 mins every time to even just get to it.

On 2024-01-04 at 5:23 PM, AegidiusF said:

Rolling Guard mandatory

^ tbh this ^  though I ended up taking a friend with Rev, told me yeah mesmer for immortality then rolling guard for the silence and it was cake it just took us a while

On 2024-01-04 at 9:06 PM, Silligoose said:

Yeah Pillage is pretty great, but without Blazing Pillage it can run out of steam.

I took pillage wisp which was great for the initial waves but the boss has nothing to strip so I was kinda pointless and I spent most of the last boss just trying not to die

• Like 1