The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need a Way to Share Decoration Layouts With Others.

dice

I've played Warframe since its inception and my orbiter is almost barren. It's not that I don't want a decorated orbiter, I just lack the know-how or the time to put into really making it beautiful. On Reddit I see incredible orbiter layouts I wish I could have too. 

We already have ways to link mod setups and Warframe looks in chat. Is there any chance we could get a way to link (or trade?) orbiter looks/layouts? Using these layouts, it could automatically place all the decorations used in the layout. If you don't have the decoration, it just doesn't place it, like Sims 4.

I realize this could be difficult to pull off, but I think it would help tremendously make decorated orbiters accessible to all. 

• Like 2

It could be done where the layout counts up all decorations, and you can't "craft" the layout until the entire checklist is filled out. The checklist would ignore exclusive decorations and have tooltips of where you earn each one as you hover over them.

same, but I dunno how the elite decorating crowd would feel about what is essentially plagiarism. imagine spending months, if not years, getting your orbiter decorated just the way you like, and then some random who just started playing can come along and get the exact same thing. would be a bit jarring I think. 

@Voltage's idea makes sense, especially if you're required to purchase all the same decorations. but I don't know how much effort it'd take to implement such as system, bearing in mind that decoration is kinda low on the priority list of things the devs need to do. (I'd love an easier to use decorator system, but we ain't getting one.)

3 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

same, but I dunno how the elite decorating crowd would feel about what is essentially plagiarism. imagine spending months, if not years, getting your orbiter decorated just the way you like, and then some random who just started playing can come along and get the exact same thing. would be a bit jarring I think. 

@Voltage's idea makes sense, especially if you're required to purchase all the same decorations. but I don't know how much effort it'd take to implement such as system, bearing in mind that decoration is kinda low on the priority list of things the devs need to do. (I'd love an easier to use decorator system, but we ain't getting one.)

The original builder would have to link it in the first place for it to be plagiarized, plus someone else using it doesn't affect the original ship.

Orbiter it would be nice, altough users would turn it into a profitable strategy, with it's own share of problems and consequences.

For dojos

Spoiler

it's not recomended, we already have copies of certain designs floating around and while this isn't a major issue, those that have the designs taken do make absolutely sure to inform everyone that the contents are copied, that the dojo stole content and is participating in the featured dojo contest and will often post comentaries such as "i did that room for that winning dojo" giving an overall impression that certain dojos reached the point they are now thanks directly to the contributions of users outside the clan.
It's not that you're trying to hide the contents, it's just someone will make it clear to everyone everytime your dojo is mentioned so they can advertise potential future services.

If blueprints were made, users would simply sell the bp to other clans which would make it pretty much impossible to know which clan has the original design, sure it may sound simple with 2 or 3 copies, but there are thousands of clans in the game, even if a tiny % of those clans enter in dojo competitions with said copies, not only we risk having a monumental task of checking which is original and which has no original content, we also risk listening non stop to the users who don't win the competitions.

Everytime a dojo with a tree, floating ayatan statues and other basic designs (like changing the ambient colors, but not placing any decorations) wins over some other big dojos, the big clans often criticize the decisions to no end, it's that bad, now imagine what will be if they don't get picked because someone used designs made by other clans. How about dojo B that copied everything from Dojo A, but dojo B is the one that wins some kind of competition, what you think Dojo A would say?

Who would even share the clan dojo decoration bp? the warlord only? multiple users? Only the user that placed the decorations?
You would risk some users making a profit while some don't even know a profit is being made from their designs, you could even have situations where the designs are being shared in secret and it results in internal clan conflits.

We need more Orbiter capacity before anything else. The downstairs area is huge and has same capacity as the pilot area. Makes no sense. Needs to be doubled at least.

Also, there should be more decorations available from dojo, just scale them down a bit. There's like 10x+ more decorations for dojos which is understandable since the size difference, but there's no reason why we shouldn't have access to the smaller decorations.

Capacity cost should be looked at as well. There are far too many tiny things (Zariman nutrition cubes for example) that use up 5 capacity each, when we have Ferrite, Rubedo etc. using only 1 capacity.