Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe, are your servers okay?

The servers seem to currently be having some issues as i cannot login, but it feels like the servers are down at least once or twice a week the past few weeks. Baro arrived and the servers are down (or people like myself simply cannot log into the game) and the exact same thing happened on his prior visit. 

Warframe's servers having issues or simply going down feels very frequent nowadays, it happened four days ago, it happened last week and the week before that, and despite not being on warframe 24/7 and instead spending two or three days properly getting weekly content done and doing the daily login once every day, the days i decide to play warframe always seem to be the days the servers decide to have problems, today with Baro's arrival, and a few days ago once i've finished a weekly Kahl mission and despite managing to make it back to orbiter with all of the objectives completed, i lost my stock pickups due to server problems, and prior servers problems have resulted in me losing mission rewards multiple times.

Server issues happen, I understand, but they seem to happen more than I'd like these days. I assume most of DE's staff were on Winter / New years break while the server issues were popping up, and so far Baro's visit has resulted in the servers going down twice in a row, both times happening the moment Baro makes his appearance, so like, are the servers just having problems these days, or is there something else going on, such as a DDoS attack, because I have the feeling the stability of the servers have taken a hit these past few days / weeks?

I'm not angry or anything, although I do admit it's annoying when you lose progress due to these sudden server issues and i'm unfortunate enough to experience these issues every time I decide "I'm going to do some weeklies and farming today", I'm mainly just a bit concerned that the servers aren't in top shape right now. Crossplay / Crossave is also supposed to reopen sometime this month, and I get the feeling the servers may take yet another hit the moment that happens?

Edited by crimsonspartan1
  • Like 1

I have no problem logging in

There have only been 1-2 issues where the servers went down and that's when both Crosssave happened and then Baro brought that primed mod, sounds like your net is the issue here, not WF.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I have no problem logging in

There have only been 1-2 issues where the servers went down and that's when both Crosssave happened and then Baro brought that primed mod, sounds like your net is the issue here, not WF.

I mean i've been checking https://downdetector.co.uk/status/warframe/ and every time i have server issues, i'd check this website and there would always be reports popping up at that time. It should be fine now since i couldn't log in around 40 minutes ago and then spend a bit too long making this post, when i really should have shortened / simplified it and posted it much quicker, but I know for a fact the servers have acted up quite a bit recently, but crossplay / crossave likely has something to do with it considering how many people are merging accounts around that time, and Baro's visits tend to cause issues themselves?

I assume this is standard around this time of year with the (post-)holiday peak increasing player count causing more server problems for games compared to other times of the year. Other games are also having server problems that I am only seeing happening very frequently over the past month compared to other times of the year.

9 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I mean i've been checking https://downdetector.co.uk/status/warframe/ and every time i have server issues, i'd check this website and there would always be reports popping up at that time. It should be fine now since i couldn't log in around 40 minutes ago and then spend a bit too long making this post, when i really should have shortened / simplified it and posted it much quicker, but I know for a fact the servers have acted up quite a bit recently, but crossplay / crossave likely has something to do with it considering how many people are merging accounts around that time, and Baro's visits tend to cause issues themselves?

Such websites are never reliable and they are only reported by people who have a potato for a PC or a toaster for a Net provider, so unless it's directly from the game devs or their social media, then it's safe to say it's a YOU problem.

I've been in WF for some time and had zero problems and there have only been times when it has had server issues during Baro or Crossplay as I mentioned and people who have bad WI-IF or Net Providers will always have the most problems than people who don't since even the slightest error can throw you out.

So like I said, it's a problem with your Net more than likely.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Such websites are never reliable and they are only reported by people who have a potato for a PC or a toaster for a Net provider, so unless it's directly from the game devs or their social media, then it's safe to say it's a YOU problem.

I've been in WF for some time and had zero problems and there have only been times when it has had server issues during Baro or Crossplay as I mentioned and people who have bad WI-IF or Net Providers will always have the most problems than people who don't since even the slightest error can throw you out.

I've been on warframe for ages and I only ever had network issues when the servers themselves are acting up, and the times when it is my network having issues, then from my experience, Warframe wasn't the only thing acting up. My network provider isn't the best i'll admit, but I would know for a fact if it was the thing causing issues. A few of my friends also have issues during the same time I've had issues and some of them have much better internet than me unless the Warframe servers pick and choose who's connection to sabotage which would be weird?

Might've just been a really short issue this time, I couldn't login an hour ago but now i'm in-game with zero issues, and I wasn't having connection issues anywhere else during the time I couldn't login. 

Edited by crimsonspartan1

I lost 90 stock yesterday as the “network not responding” message tried to connect and couldn’t from the mission complete screen. I spent 38 minutes looking for stuff in a Kahl mission which was painful.  DE you owe me an archon shard, lol. My internet was fine outside the game.

• Like 2

Do you hear it? That ancient creaking and groaning in the distance? That's the Monkey's Paw curling after granting us Cross Save.

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

Yeah I've been getting more server issues than usual too. Nothing detrimental thankfully but still noticeable.

Edited by TeaHands

9 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Do you hear it? That ancient creaking and groaning in the distance? That's the Monkey's Paw curling after granting us Cross Save.

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

Yeah I've been getting more server issues than usual too. Nothing detrimental thankfully but still noticeable.

Ye they're never super bad, more like mild annoyances that usually only last like 20-60 minutes. They pop up a bit more then they'd usually would these days, and main annoyance over on my end is how they'd happen very often the moment i decide to do more than just grab the daily reward in warframe.

17 minutes ago, MutoManiac said:

I lost 90 stock yesterday as the “network not responding” message tried to connect and couldn’t from the mission complete screen. I spent 38 minutes looking for stuff in a Kahl mission which was painful.  DE you owe me an archon shard, lol. My internet was fine outside the game.

Had that issue earlier this week as well but was lucky enough to get out with my stock intact and objectives complete, except for the stock pickups scattered across the map that didn't count due to server issues.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

hi, I have a somewhat powerful PC (Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3060ti) and live in a country with one of the best internet speeds. 

Yet I did face the issues OP is having.

It's likely DE's side having issues, not OP's. This intermittent network issue has also popped up on previous baro visits.

It's likely it has something to do with DE upgrading their servers, not OP's internet or their computer.

Might also have to do with crossplay, maybe that added stress onto their servers.

Don't know how long this will keep happening, but I hope DE figures something out soon. Don't want every baro visit to cause server issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I've been on warframe for ages and I only ever had network issues when the servers themselves are acting up, and the times when it is my network having issues, then from my experience, Warframe wasn't the only thing acting up. My network provider isn't the best i'll admit, but I would know for a fact if it was the thing causing issues. A few of my friends also have issues during the same time I've had issues and some of them have much better internet than me unless the Warframe servers pick and choose who's connection to sabotage which would be weird?

Might've just been a really short issue this time, I couldn't login an hour ago but now i'm in-game with zero issues, and I wasn't having connection issues anywhere else during the time I couldn't login. 

Hmm, strange then...

It could just be that either I've not been on during the network issues (only logging in the moment I see some report it and by the time I do that, the problem has fixed itself) or that I have a Super Network of some kind lol.

But I've honestly never noticed any sort of problem, so it's hard to tell

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It could just be that either I've not been on during the network issues (only logging in the moment I see some report it and by the time I do that, the problem has fixed itself) 

likely the case.

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

or that I have a Super Network of some kind lol.

bro got that 100Gbps internet

I've experienced a few periods where the Warframe servers went down over the past week or so, and was able to verify via the interwebs that others were experiencing it to.  It's pretty abnormal for this to happen, so I don't know whether it's a coincidence or whether it has to do with migration tech, etc.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I've experienced a few periods where the Warframe servers went down over the past week or so, and was able to verify via the interwebs that others were experiencing it to.  It's pretty abnormal for this to happen, so I don't know whether it's a coincidence or whether it has to do with migration tech, etc.

It’s not abnormal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

It’s not abnormal.

I can only speak to my own experience, and in my experience it's not normal.  I tend to play a lot of Warframe in my spare time and I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened to me in the past year.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I can only speak to my own experience, and in my experience it's not normal.  I tend to play a lot of Warframe in my spare time and I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened to me in the past year.

Your experience is minimal. There are numerous topics on connection issues, host migration, other server related issues.

warframe is known for this, also everyone plays warframe in their spare time lol.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Your experience is minimal. There are numerous topics on connection issues, host migration, other server related issues.

With respect, you're coming at this from an angle that will only obfuscate the problem.  If you're genuinely concerned about Warframe's connection issues, hearing that there's someone who isn't having connection issues should pique your curiosity: what on earth is going on where a bunch of people are having issues and this person isn't?  There's something happening there, something worth discovering.  To dismiss that information is to dismiss factual data that would lead to a more accurate and holistic understanding of the problem.

My experience is obviously not everyone's experience, but if I'm not getting disconnected and others are, one possible explanation could be that some aspects of the problem could be closer to their end.  Doesn't guarantee it, but it's a worthwhile avenue to consider.  Warframe's peer-to-peer connections are atypical and it's common for users to have connection issues if their router/modem or service provider isn't setup well to deal with it.

Years ago I had issues, and after doing some research I bought a special router that was one of the few I could find that handled Warframe's needs well; that solved my issues.  In the years since then, I've needed to move several times, and I found that different internet service providers seemed to result in a meaningful difference in connection issues for Warframe specifically.  At my current location, I haven't even needed a special router, and in the nearly two thousand hours of Warframe since I obtained my PS5 at this address I can count the number of connection issues I've had on one hand; with near-trivial exceptions, things are buttery smooth.  I won't pretend to know why, but presumably it has to do with either my service provider or which datacenter (if there are multiple, I don't even know) my geographic location (Pacific Northwest) means I'm being routed to.

For those who are experiencing issues and curious about why that may be, I hope this post can plant the seeds of some possibilities you can look into.  Hope it helps!

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

With respect, you're coming at this from an angle that will only obfuscate the problem.  If you're genuinely concerned about Warframe's connection issues, hearing that there's someone who isn't having connection issues should pique your curiosity: what on earth is going on where a bunch of people are having issues and this person isn't?  There's something happening there, something worth discovering.  To dismiss that information is to dismiss factual data that would lead to a more accurate and holistic understanding of the problem.

My experience is obviously not everyone's experience, but if I'm not getting disconnected and others are, one possible explanation could be that some aspects of the problem could be closer to their end.  Doesn't guarantee it, but it's a worthwhile avenue to consider.  Warframe's peer-to-peer connections are atypical and it's common for users to have connection issues if their router/modem or service provider isn't setup well to deal with it.

Years ago I had issues, and after doing some research I bought a special router that was one of the few I could find that handled Warframe's needs well; that solved my issues.  In the years since then, I've needed to move several times, and I found that different internet service providers seemed to result in a meaningful difference in connection issues for Warframe specifically.  At my current location, I haven't even needed a special router, and in the nearly two thousand hours of Warframe since I obtained my PS5 at this address I can count the number of connection issues I've had on one hand; with near-trivial exceptions, things are buttery smooth.  I won't pretend to know why, but presumably it has to do with either my service provider or which datacenter (if there are multiple, I don't even know) my geographic location (Pacific Northwest) means I'm being routed to.

For those who are experiencing issues and curious about why that may be, I hope this post can plant the seeds of some possibilities you can look into.  Hope it helps!

Doesn’t peak my curiosity at all this game is riddled with issues, again there are numerous posts discussing this.

16 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

hi, I have a somewhat powerful PC (Ryzen 5 5600X + RTX 3060ti) and live in a country with one of the best internet speeds. 

Yet I did face the issues OP is having.

It's likely DE's side having issues, not OP's. This intermittent network issue has also popped up on previous baro visits.

It's likely it has something to do with DE upgrading their servers, not OP's internet or their computer.

Might also have to do with crossplay, maybe that added stress onto their servers.

Don't know how long this will keep happening, but I hope DE figures something out soon. Don't want every baro visit to cause server issues.

James Franco Eye Roll GIF

Mr fancy with his fancy computer and fancy fast internet.

In my day we would have to push our computer up the hill in the snow to get tapped into a 28k modem and we were happy to do it!!!

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 2