Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

I don't know if anyone has a topic started already. So sorry if it is. 

I'm curious if the cross trading bug has been fixed. Those that have done cross-save can't trade with someone who hasn't, which sometimes makes trading with friends kind of a pain on one platform. I get the platform exclusive thing with Nintendo it's a pain, but it's something we have to live with. At least allow me to trade items and prime stuff to any platform.

From the best I can figure out, its not a bug, but rather a "feature" of Cross-Save. You now have a PC account that can be accessed on a console, so everything in your inventory has a PC ID tag, which can't be traded to a Console Account. 

Personally, I feel like this was the dumbest mistake that DE could've made. I can't trade with over half of the members of the small clan I'm in, they either don't want to have a PC account or have no interest in PC gaming.

• Like 1

Yeah it's kinda the same boat I'm in... My main account was on switch, and it was merged with my pc account. I can't trade with pc players who haven't done cross-save either. it kinda seems like they created a new platform for cross-save entirely.

Many of my clan members are on switch, which means I can't trade with them.  

4 hours ago, NeonNebula9 said:

It's not a bug. Read the cross platform trading part in the post below. I don't know if they will change how trading works later but this is intended and it's not a bug.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374265-cross-platform-save-rollout-information-status/

Here's what they should have included in their description to warn people...

20240117_185648.jpg

I don't even get how to enable cross platform save. I don't need to link my account to another platform but there seems to be no option to enable this without doing so which makes no sense. I just want to trade some stuff with a friend on Switch. 

Or does my friend have to create a PC account specifically to link to in order to trade? I could really use some simpler, specific instructions.

Edited by MekaDovah

Hello,

I've found an unexpected problem. I just fused my main account (on Playstation) and a secondary account I have on PC. Now, when I go to play on Playstation and visit my dojo to trade with another member of the clan, I CAN'T. I'm the only one in the clan with 2 accounts. Already fused. The game tells us we're on different platforms and that we can't trade.

I mostly trade with clan members. Does this mean I can't trade with Playstation users anymore? What can I do to trade again with my friends?

Thanks in advance. 

So it seems one has to actually login on pc to actually turn on the setting. Which kinda isn't told, simply fusing the account to a PC account isn't enough. You have to actually login to PC in order to turn on cross-trade. Yes I have read the thing many times, but not everyone has access to a pc that can run the game. Which means that there are some still locked to a console.

Doing the process of linking accounts isn't good enough as the system will still only read you as a switch (or other console player) player as long as that is the only way you login. It only reads you as cross-save when you login to PC. I was thinking that it would take until server reset, but I still can't trade with much of my clan due to that aspect. They don't have a pc thats capable of running Warframe (especially when we're talking about Discord pushing it to near death by itself).

58 minutes ago, gyakudos said:

So it seems one has to actually login on pc to actually turn on the setting. Which kinda isn't told, simply fusing the account to a PC account isn't enough. You have to actually login to PC in order to turn on cross-trade. Yes I have read the thing many times, but not everyone has access to a pc that can run the game. Which means that there are some still locked to a console.

Doing the process of linking accounts isn't good enough as the system will still only read you as a switch (or other console player) player as long as that is the only way you login. It only reads you as cross-save when you login to PC. I was thinking that it would take until server reset, but I still can't trade with much of my clan due to that aspect. They don't have a pc thats capable of running Warframe (especially when we're talking about Discord pushing it to near death by itself).

This is not true. My friend just did it the other night. You only need to create an account on warframe.com (you can do it from your phone even) and link it with your console account. It has cross play enabled by default and you never have to launch the game. If for some reason you have an existing PC account that's in some weird state that's causing problems, you can either contact support, or log in to the game using GeForce Now (if it is available in your country), no gaming PC required and it will let you get in just enough to change settings. 

On 2024-01-17 at 6:01 PM, MekaDovah said:

I don't even get how to enable cross platform save. I don't need to link my account to another platform but there seems to be no option to enable this without doing so which makes no sense. I just want to trade some stuff with a friend on Switch. 

Or does my friend have to create a PC account specifically to link to in order to trade? I could really use some simpler, specific instructions.

You have to create a PC account because your console account gets converted to a PC account as part of the merge/linking process. You never have to actually log into the game on a PC, but under the hood that is what is happening. This is also likely the reason for the trading issues as all cross save accounts are in the PC account database, and thus don't have access to trade with players on console that haven't yet converted. 

I have three people who have done the process and still unable to trade with anyone. Yes they have done the process already and it still says cross-save mismatch. Yes I have confirmed that they have. Seems they need to actually login to PC to actually toggle cross-save (which isn't possible for them as they don't have a pc that can run warframe).

Also those that are already PC accounts technically can trade, but i still get the cross platform mismatch message with others just on pc.

2 hours ago, gyakudos said:

I have three people who have done the process and still unable to trade with anyone. Yes they have done the process already and it still says cross-save mismatch. Yes I have confirmed that they have. Seems they need to actually login to PC to actually toggle cross-save (which isn't possible for them as they don't have a pc that can run warframe).

Also those that are already PC accounts technically can trade, but i still get the cross platform mismatch message with others just on pc.

You 100% absolutely never have to log in on PC in order to be able to trade, someone involved in these trades likely has a setting wrong or is misinformed (easy, because this situation is confusing!). There is no cross save toggle on PC either, only cross play, which everyone in the trade has to have and can do on whatever platform they are currently playing and trying to trade from. But after moving to a cross save account, regardless you can only trade with other cross save and/or PC accounts that have cross play enabled on their end. If both parties have accounts which are cross save or PC accounts with both cross play enabled, and are 100% certain of that, but are still getting a mismatch error then you need to contact support for help - be sure to include all the details of both accounts involved in the trade and when the trade attempt occurred so they can double check for any errors. 

Edited by devoltar