Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What the hell am i buying exactly? (Gauss Prime Access and more)

Yulfan

Alright, let's take a look to these Prime Access packs.

First, the Weapons pack. I wonder what their new primed look is like and what are their new stats:

syltRo9l.jpg

Huuuuh… ok? No Acceltra, only the Akarius Prime are on screen, but i can't take a good look of them because of the full length frame. It gets closer if you wait a little, but the moving camera is annoying. And on a more concrete side of things, nothing about the weapons stats. No icon on the right side to use as shortcut to the weapons pages or at least a mouseover option to see the informations.

Ok, but what about the Gauss & Weapons pack:

kIFfjarl.jpg

Really? Same screen as before with only the Akarius Prime and Gauss Prime shown, and once again no stats at all. Like the weapons, i can't see anywhere what are the stats increases for Gauss Prime. Yes, he look hella cool, but i need more than that if i want to do a thoughtful purchase.

And finally, the Accessories pack (the one i'm most interested since i can farm the rest). Surely the new prime cosmetics look cool as f-

14pepKFl.jpg

Seriously DE? The same screen again? For a pack that only contains cosmetics, absolutely NOTHING in it is actually shown on screen! I have absolutely NO IDEA what i am buying looks like! The Gauss Prime 3D model is right here, DE: why couldn't you take a little bit of time to put the armors pieces and syandana on him!?

Seriously, can i have a proper look at what i am buying!!?

3uNN6MHl.jpg

VFdW1hkl.png

btlmWNyl.jpg

And yeah, of course i know: i can link the items in the chat so i can look at them individually. But on one hand it's TERRIBLY ANNOYING to write everything down when it could already be accessible with one click like it's already done for numerous other packs. And on the other hand, haven't you noticed anything in my previous screens?

Yeah: i play Warframe in baguette. Even though i can read/write/listen English easily, i find it more comfortable to put the game in my native language. But once you throw translation and nomenclatures into the mix, it became a whole new can of worms.

It's always a guessing game when it come to link items in chat in French. For example, shoulder armors: we have "Épaulières" as the most common epithet, but sometime for older sets we have "Épaulière" with no "-s" accompanied with "left" or "right" at the end. Some other are defined as "Brassards", because why not? "Ruban" is used for the Conquera shoulder armor, and "Ailette" is used for the Naberus shoulder armor, but only the normal one: the prisma one is simply named "Naberus Prisma" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know the same thing happens in English, but it's much less problematic because of the way the words are ordered: "shoulder armor" is always written after the name of the piece, so you simply have to begin to write it to find it immediately. For example, if you are looking for "Meridian Arm Spurs", you just have to start writing "Meri-" and you already found it. But since the object link system is not smart, you can't simply write "Méridien" and scroll through matching items. You have to write "Brassards du Méri-" to find the same piece in French.

But i'll not rabble any more about translation. I chose to play Warframe this way, i have to deal with it. I just wanted to give some context…

But the crux of this thread is to highlight how all the in-game market presentation screens for Prime Access are sloppily done, especially when the obvious solution already exist and is already used. Like this:

tEUIBByl.jpg

nrb12I5l.jpg

The whole purpose of the right column is to show packs content. Everything is here, and you can preview everything, you can mouseover each element, you can tab the stats windows, and you can click directly on each of them. Why packs purchasable with plat have everything nicely listed down, when those purchasable with real money only have a crude bullet points in the description?

Because yes: it's not only a Prime Access pack problem. All real money packs are suffering from this lack of options. But unlike the laziness of Prime Access packs, Supporter Packs are at least trying (with more or less success) to show the things it contain. It remains a little pathetic to see, but at least there is an effort:

ToH91Gjl.jpg

Thank god there is content creators on youtube that are showcasing everything properly. But seriously DE, you really need to standardize your market UIs…

Edited by Yulfan
Typo
  • Like 6

I'll just add that the shop has an issue with previews in general. Prime access is probably the worst offender here, but even trying to see what a warframe or a weapon looks like is uncomfortable. We can't just preview them like a normal person, there has to be a diorama and the camera has to rotate an zoom automatically.

• Like 3

you're right in that previews are not easy to access, i've grown completely used to typing them in chat & manually opening them to preview, but making them clickable thumbnails should be QoL by this point

manually writing them out is already a hassle & i can't imagine how tedious it would be if i played in my native language spanish trying to find out how badly they translated it

umIHWs8.png

cVeHODo.jpeg

Edited by Navarc
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Yulfan сказал:

Huuuuh… ok? No Acceltra, only the Akarius Prime are on screen

there is acceltra, but no gauss since pack is called weapons pack

Edited by Merrcenary