Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it time for Primed Rush?

Prof-Dante

10 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Speed is NOT just for memes. I advise you to look beyond the meta in this game.

If I want to go fast, I'd build into Parkour velocity which has always been superior to sprint speed. Warframes have always covered more distance in the air than on the ground. Even as far back as coptering in the pre-bullet jump days. Primed rush would purely be for memes. A̶t̶ l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ D̶E̶ r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ G̶a̶u̶s̶s̶ t̶o̶ a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ b̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ o̶f̶ S̶t̶i̶n̶k̶e̶r̶b̶e̶l̶l̶ P̶r̶i̶m̶e̶.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

If I want to go fast, I'd build into Parkour velocity which has always been superior to sprint speed. Warframes have always covered more distance in the air than on the ground. Even as far back as coptering in the pre-bullet jump days. Primed rush would purely be for memes. A̶t̶ l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ D̶E̶ r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶ G̶a̶u̶s̶s̶ t̶o̶ a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ b̶e̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ f̶r̶a̶m̶e̶ i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ o̶f̶ S̶t̶i̶n̶k̶e̶r̶b̶e̶l̶l̶ P̶r̶i̶m̶e̶.

I'm not trying to say it's "Skill issue" but I've made my peace with how fast Gauss actually runs, it requires the right build and a little bit of skill ceiling, my Gauss build focuses entirely on his 4, thus I have no need for range and only base strength, so I have all the room for sprint speed mods.

I'm always the fastest in any squad mission, last archon hunt I was so fast, my Squad were still starting from spawn while was already at Nira's. and of course since I had very high duration, my Dps was very high, I was practically the one mowing it down.

so In terms of speed running (which is really the point of bringing fast Warframes) Gauss definitely made the cut.
for steering and hitting walls, you should be skilled enough with Gauss to learn when to stop Mach rush and take a fraction to turn, it can also work as a Dash.

I would definitely want Gauss to go faster, I could put Molt or infested mobility and be satisfied, but I prefer utility over pure speed.

20 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

I'm not trying to say it's "Skill issue" but I've made my peace with how fast Gauss actually runs

I do think there is a bit of miscommunication here. We are talking about the practical applications of getting a Primed Rush mod (which is the whole point of this thread). Who besides Gauss and maybe Volt would really benefit from it? Especially when Parkour Velocity is so much better in every other case.

This is why I'm calling it a meme mod. Just like how Primed Heavy Trauma was exclusively used by Atlas on his stat stick. (At least until Incarnon Ceramic Dagger came along. Now it's completely worthless).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quxier said:

I had similar idea but with whole new alternative to Steel paht:

And my mod suggestion would yeild 60% speed boost.

Meanwhile, frames being immortal, can melt whole rooms, damage putting few exclamation marks yet we are afraid of being little bit faster... not even gun/melee speed. *facepalm* haha

AFK user detected :|

Hi, not afraid of being faster here, I'm a mobility tank actually and a huge proponent of it(if you don't know how to mobility tank, GET YOUR BUTT IN CONCLAVE! you'll learn fast) but...

This is totally unnecessary.

Mods and powers exist that reduce enemy accuracy or increase evasion and dodge chance, rolling(dodging) not only reduces damage taken but also reduces enemy accuracy, as does the players velocity, and controlling the enemies range.

With current mods, and decent knowledge of enemy aimgraphs(this means paying attention to what ENEMIES will be in the mission you're playing, what WEAPONS and the effective RANGES of those weapons) as well as basic and advanced maneuvering(knowing momentum stacking is critical here!) we already are able to reduce enemy accuracy to nothing at any level.

As the power creep continues I think hp mods will become more obviously the lesser choice(shieldgating included!) as simply *not getting hit* is and will remain, in a space ninja game, the best option

Also, @quxier I wasn't trying to quote you, and I can't edit the quote out of my post, but since it's stuck there now, your proposed player path sounds like a cool idea, faster enemies would ACTUALLY make the game harder. 

Edited by (PSN)phux0v
Tried to remove accidental quote, but on mobile and it won't cooperate

5 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

^this also is not what I was quoting. I quoted @Qorvex99 saying advise you to look beyond the meta.

Migraine detected. I'ma need to put a support ticket in for a forum posts 😔

Mobility is the most effective tactic. Idk if people don't know what effective means, but when you have people advocating facetanking in a ninja game, there's a point where you have to stop and ask ourself if it remotely sounds like these ppl know what they're talking about. Bet anything they can't SP unmod

Edited by (PSN)phux0v
More problems with quotes I didn't quote

44 minutes ago, (PSN)phux0v said:

Mobility is the most effective tactic. Idk if people don't know what effective means, but when you have people advocating facetanking in a ninja game, there's a point where you have to stop and ask ourself if it remotely sounds like these ppl know what they're talking about. Bet anything they can't SP unmod

I think What @Ace-Bounty-Hunter is missing here and many other people is the different methods available to play, and survive in Warframe.

Yes Parkour velocity is superior, but sometimes too much Parkour causes you to launch too high or too far into the air without a comfortable way to cancel your momentum...last time I had a lot of parkour velocity the only way I could stop was by equipping a melee and slam, or slide, and both aren't perfect stops.

Sprint speed is controllable, because unless you're hopping everywhere you can stop whenever.
Nezha benefits from sprint speed mods more than parkour because his slide blends nicely with sprinting.
Revenant's 3 is affected by Sprint speed.
Gauss and Volt of course, Grendel's meatball form, Loki, Ash, Wisp...you see it's relevant to the right Warframe.

and really, with the amount of status immunity abilities, and passives that we can have and/or subsume, Primed sure footed can almost be considered a meme as well...most exilus mods are "memes" anyway, they're minor stat boosts for mundane things. you almost never need them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)phux0v said:

2 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I think What @Ace-Bounty-Hunter is missing here and many other people is the different methods available to play, and survive in Warframe.

No, you two are the ones who are clearly misunderstanding here. Enemies are much less likely to hit you while you are airborne instead of on the ground. Also, most frames that are even remotely serious about surviving in missions will usually equip Rolling Guard. Do you know what stat increases the distance that you roll? Parkour Velocity. Not Sprint speed. 

Tell me you don't know how to play Warframe without telling me you don't know how to play Warframe...

and really, with the amount of status immunity abilities, and passives that we can have and/or subsume, Primed sure footed can almost be considered a meme as well...most exilus mods are "memes" anyway, they're minor stat boosts for mundane things. you almost never need them.

Welp. Now I'm definitely convinced that you don't know what you're talking about. 

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter

46 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

No, you two are the ones who are clearly misunderstanding here. Enemies are much less likely to hit you while you are airborne instead of on the ground. Also, most frames that are even remotely serious about surviving in missions will usually equip Rolling Guard. Do you know what stat increases the distance that you roll? Parkour Velocity. Not Sprint speed. 

Tell me you don't know how to play Warframe without telling me you don't know how to play Warframe...

You can't really judge us by this...you practically proved nothing, and that last bit is kind of unnecessary...

there isn't really a correct way to survive in this game, you say enemies are much less likely to hit you when you're airborne, while I laugh at enemies trying to remotely position themselves at my direction when they already ate my dust.

airborne you're basically a sitting (?) duck, you can't maneuver as fast as you can with sprinting, and you really don't want to increase roll distance with rolling guard or you'll reposition yourself in a place you clearly didn't want to be in, with rolling guard you want to spend less time rolling and more time moving and guess what, sprinting.

you can shoot and melee while sprinting, you can't while rolling, end of story. If you find Rolling and parkour more useful, go ahead, I'm not saying I don't use it...I'm saying that we shouldn't even be arguing about it, but since you so clearly want to, I ought to prove your scenarios wrong.

I don't understand the fascination of players wanting to prove others that their method is right and the other is wrong, in a game where you can go away with almost every method and excel at it.

Edited by Qorvex99
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Welp. Now I'm definitely convinced that you don't know what you're talking about. 

This conversation with you is starting to turn out to be argumentative and one sided...you don't have to agree, this is my opinion, I don't find PSF that useful, you can lick your meta's boots, I don't care, just be nice.

2 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

I don't find PSF that useful, you can lick your meta's boots, I don't care, just be nice.

If you're maining Gauss or any other frame that has some kind of immunity to knockdowns, then yeah, no duh PSF is not useful. But for every other frame that doesn't have that luxury (Which is most of them), it's pretty much mandatory. Unless you get some kind of sick enjoyment out of being knocked onto your ass every time you shoot your Kuva Zarr. And don't tell me to waste my subsume putting a status immunity ability on my frame when I can just use my exilus slot to serve that function. 

And I'm getting hostile because I'm tired of people in this community constantly trying to mislead other players with false information. Try looking at the wiki for once.

1 minute ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

And I'm getting hostile because

no, you actually don't need to get hostile, and this isn't an excuse, it just makes you mean for no reason...You can't tell someone who's been playing this game for 7 years and theory-crafts with most weapons and frames he has that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

like I said, you love parkour velocity? go ahead, I am trying to tell you there shouldn't be an argument or contest, I am trying to explain that this game is so easy to the point where almost every method is useful.

you want to put primed sure footed on Atlas? go ahead, be my guest, but leave others who might enjoy an alternative.

pal..you really gotta ease up.

8 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:
19 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

Speed is NOT just for memes. I advise you to look beyond the meta in this game.

Yeah, it's always superior. Hitting walls with simple rolls is so much fun! /sarcasm

50 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

So.... you get 75% damage reduction at base. You get immortality (for 3 seconds, with 7 second cooldown, afair) + status clear. That's fine (I sometimes use it as well).

However I'm not sure what's the problem with using Sprint boost? With a lot of Parkour velocity you are nerfing yourself because you change location too much. Small rolls (it was even better with Amalgam mod) won't change your location too much, hence you don't have to re-aim that much.

• Like 2

You know, looking at Gauss Prime's oddly perfect polarity distribution (same as Gauss but with one more Naramon, god-sent for either Stretch or Primed Flow), it is clear that despite never thinking about it, not for even one millisecond of my 4800 hours, I would like to have Primed Rush.

There aren't that many exilus mods I consider running on frames outside of the different Drifts, matter of fact I don't use the slot all that much... even less for Prime Sure Footed, which I still don't comprehend why people are so annoying & preachy with. I have it, had for many years, don't use it on any of my frames.

Like, explosive weapons have Cautious Shot if self stagger is that much of an annoyance, I use it on the Tenet Ferrox as this one is a major offender for the matter, but there's also the "just don't shoot at your feet / think before firing" strategies which are highly underestimated.
Now yes "But I need Primed Ammo Mutation" is a comprehensible complaint I won't disregard for certain cases (When unnerfing the Zarr thank you?), but for the most part, stagger-inducing sources are normally easy to avoid. Can use Unairu's passive too, free exilus slot that way.
I do, but just because I need to finish my focus schools, quite nice regardless.

To me, PSF isn't that good nor mandatory by far.
Now then if you aren't that perceptive to what's going on around you in-game, it is arguable the mod is a must, same can be said about Rolling Guard.
Is it good? Yes, but personally, just another mod that I don't use on my builds.

One way or another, I'd consider higher movement speed a massive bonus for people with faster reflexes (or crackhead energy gameplay 😎👍), as more sprint speed also translates to faster parkouring, and overall quicker repositioning, which can alleviate most of the aforementioned issues, to the point of even evading them completely. Also funni memes.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Yeah, it's always superior. Hitting walls with simple rolls is so much fun! /sarcasm

Sounds like a skill issue to me.

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

no, you actually don't need to get hostile, and this isn't an excuse, it just makes you mean for no reason...

When you've done far too many pub missions with players who either don't know what they're doing or are using builds that are actively detrimental to the squad and the mission (Slowva in Defense, for example). Maybe then you'll understand why I'm so bitter. Keep your meme builds to solo mode only. 

Edited by Ace-Bounty-Hunter

15 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Ok, I guess  you don't get it. Let me explain.

I want small rolls - I cannot (without melee block, but that's not good) do it with +parkour. No skill involved. Not superior option.

If I need "skill" then option is not always great for people without "skill", hence it's not always superior.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quxier said:

Ok, I guess  you don't get it. Let me explain.

I want small rolls - I cannot (without melee block, but that's not good) do it with +parkour. No skill involved. Not superior option.

If I need "skill" then option is not always great for people without "skill", hence it's not always superior.

I see what you mean

Parkour velocity increases roll distance. If you’re in a narrow hallway, and decide to roll… with too much parkour velocity you’ll just bonk your head on the wall. Less parkour velocity gives more control with bullet jumps and rolling. 

31 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

meme builds

As if meme builds can’t be meta

Anyone remember null star “meme build” that ended up becoming a temporary meta? Or the blast procs+topaz shard meta? 

On 2024-01-22 at 9:59 AM, Aruquae said:

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree

My Gauss Prime has yet to break the speed barrier

Also, you misspelled “exilus.” I’m just pointing it out because you put it in all caps to make a statement

Edit: While we’re at it, we should also have sprint speed shards

All DE has to do is revamp mach rush's scalability with sprint mods, strength, or duration. I understand people have a hard time controlling the ability but its really a disservice to gauss how the sprint mods barely do anything for the speed of the sustained sprint. With the current calculations, he would have to triple his sprint speed to get a measly 20m/s increase for mach rush. That's ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I'm not trying to say it's "Skill issue" but I've made my peace with how fast Gauss actually runs, it requires the right build and a little bit of skill ceiling, my Gauss build focuses entirely on his 4, thus I have no need for range and only base strength, so I have all the room for sprint speed mods.

I'm always the fastest in any squad mission, last archon hunt I was so fast, my Squad were still starting from spawn while was already at Nira's. and of course since I had very high duration, my Dps was very high, I was practically the one mowing it down.

so In terms of speed running (which is really the point of bringing fast Warframes) Gauss definitely made the cut.
for steering and hitting walls, you should be skilled enough with Gauss to learn when to stop Mach rush and take a fraction to turn, it can also work as a Dash.

I would definitely want Gauss to go faster, I could put Molt or infested mobility and be satisfied, but I prefer utility over pure speed.

I had to forgo TS for infested mobility. Now Gauss feels like Gauss.

7 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

I had to forgo TS for infested mobility. Now Gauss feels like Gauss.

Isn't Molt a better buff since it's a separate multiplier?

Gauss has a lot of sprint speed already, what he needs is a speed multiplier like Volt's

3 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Do you know what stat increases the distance that you roll? Parkour Velocity. Not Sprint speed. 

Sprint speed does have some effect on roll distance  as long as sprint is active at some point during the roll.

49 minutes ago, Qorvex99 said:

Isn't Molt a better buff since it's a separate multiplier?

Gauss has a lot of sprint speed already, what he needs is a speed multiplier like Volt's

Infested Mobility has the much needed momentum for quick bullet jumps and terrain maneuvers. Molt has that weird effect that slows you down when you jump. I wish mach rush was a speed multiplier. Makes me sad.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Sprint speed does have some effect on roll distance  as long as sprint is active at some point during the roll.

Sprinting (run > roll & stop running) does have effect on roll distance (from ~11 to ~15, when rolling at ~2m mark).

Speed increase (e.g. Rush) make frames move farther, however I wonder if it's still roll or something else. Have someone tested it (e.g. does this part has 75% damage reduction as well)?