Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

Just make it tap/hold ability so you can chose between DR and DMG buff it would be blessing playing mirage knowing that you have reliable damage bonus or DR.

Mirage Main here.

Part of me would love the toggle, for simplicity's sake,

but gutting the whole gimmick would make her lose some of the complexity and flavour.

I, personally, like the concept of light and shadow, I like figuring out spots on a tile where I can stand for one buff or the other. I'm not fond of how its broken on some tilesets, and I understand how much work it would represent to fix, but it feels like the toggle option is oversimplifying a frame's kit and stripping it of some of the 'class identity'/theme. 
Could change how eclipse fluctuates, maybe?  Have the ability "snapshot" the buff from the light levels at the moment of casting. I don't know how complex a change that'd be.

If adapting to the new light engine is too resource intensive to be viable, it's unfortunate but understandable. :heart:

• Like 1

While I like the current mechanic of Eclipse on paper, I just don't think it works that well in practice. So, I think the best course of action would be to make it a toggle with tap/hold. And if needed, nerf the buff a bit. 

I personally prefer the idea of a Tap/Hold functionality. Maybe add a Dark and Light Spotlight visual effect.

As for Helminth, I personally would remove the DMG buff for other frames since we already have Rhinos ability for a DMG buff and imo having a second DMG buff seems unnecessary.

• Like 1

I love the idea mentioned in the stream that you get a damage boost until you take damage, then you get protection instead.

Makes it a bit more interactive and affected by your playstyle.

Since she has faster dodge maneuvers than other Warframes it also plays into that aspect, with dodging and weaving allowing you to keep your damage boost up.

Edited by Maqabir
  • Like 1

Toggle (tap/hold) w/ Helminth ver. having further reduced cap or reduced duration.

Edit: Alternative: rework as a tap/hold actively damaging ability, w/ one dealing AoE damage and receiving percent damage reduction dependent on enemies damaged and the other mode a directional damaging ability that increases outgoing damage by a percentage also dependent on enemies damaged. Maintain current ability duration.

Edited by OccamsProphet

keep as it is but add a battery functionality if u stay in the dark it charges the shadow if u move to the light it starts depleting the dark and start charging the light side so if u are using a mobile warframe and constant light change u can keep both stats active this way inconstant maps wont disturb that much and allow it to be usable with warframes that cant become invisible

I'd love the rework + possible Helminth nerf. A toggle for Mirage would be nice, but maybe other frames could choose a buff via energy color ala Equinox's Rest and Rage?

2 hours ago, [DE]Juice said:

Hello Tenno!

As you may have seen in Devstream #176, we are looking at ways to change Mirage’s Eclipse ability (and related Helminth ability). To briefly recap the Devstream, we see consistent functionality issues with Eclipse in various in-game environments, as well as situations where Eclipse is unreliable.

First, Eclipse does not function correctly in every area of the game. In Open Zone content, it always acts as though it is in maximum light, even when it is nighttime. In Albrecht’s Laboratories, it always acts as though it is night, preventing Tenno from using the light portion of the ability. Here's what that looks like in practice:

Eclipse in Open World - Always Light

Eclipse in Albrecht's Laboratories - Always Dark

Second, Eclipse’s reliability is due to the boost being reliant on the area’s lighting, which means taking a step to the side could cut Eclipse’s boost in half. This can make it difficult to properly utilize shadow’s damage reduction. Here's an example of what we're talking about - even a few steps may switch Eclipse from dark to light.

We’re coming to you for your feedback because we see a few paths forward, and we would like your input on our current ideations for Eclipse.

• We can fix the locations it doesn’t work correctly in (like Albrecht’s Laboratories and Open Zone areas) but leave everything else the same - including its unpredictability when moving. This would require extensive work to fix as it ties into our new lighting system but would allow Eclipse to work in these areas and any future environments.
  • We can change Eclipse to work more reliably, but may need to reduce its effectiveness when used as a Helminth ability by reducing its power, duration, or other factors.
    • Eclipse is already the 2nd most popular Helminth ability, so removing its main barrier to entry (reliability) would mean a rebalance is in order. This effectiveness reduction would not affect the ability for Mirage, only when applied from the Helminth.
  • We can redesign the ability, so it works on the same general theme but functionally is different. For example, it could spawn beams of light nearby - standing in them provides the light boost, while standing out of them provides the shadow boost.
  • Suggestions! We are open to unique suggestions from Tenno on this as well!

Please leave your feedback below. We’ll be reading it from the shadows (but also sometimes from the light)!

Thank you Tenno!

For mirage make it a toggle-tapability and for the subsume make it a fixed buff based on the emissive color, similar like how chroma chooses the element from vex armor, that way you can have it permanently locked either on buff or damag red.

This could solve it I think, hopefully this helps, :D