The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Mach rush was actually a "speed mode" ability rather than an animation, or a straight speed buff.

Prof-Dante

I got this idea in a host bug, where you can see a Gauss player having the mach rush animation at all times, without actually using mach rush.

Now What I mean by Speed mode is that Instead of Mach rush being a dash ability with an animation, or a normal speed buff like Volt's, it's actually a toggle that enhances Gauss' movement animation and speed.

you press to toggle it, he does a little hop or something to indicate it's active, like firewalker, and it changes your running animation to Mach rush's run animation, with the same speed of normal mach rush.

now the benefit of this are three things: 

1. you have Mach rush always active and no need to hold to toggle, which is really great for fast paced playstyle.
  2. there is a slight chance this Speed mode might allow Gauss to steer, remember, it mach rushes whenever you sprint, and it's always active so you may pull some good moves like side sprinting and such, making Gauss actually steer.
  3. when you collide with a wall it doesn't toggle it off, you can still readjust yourself.

I don't know if that's good enough of a feedback to post on Warframe feedback forum, haha, not that anyone actually reads these threads lol. but if you want to annoy DE about this idea, be my guest.

Edited by Qorvex99

5 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Eternal Speed. So an augment to turn Mach Rush into a channeling ability. We already have Titania bouncing around with Razorwing Blitz might as well do it for Gauss.

Titania pisses me off so much, she gets ONE augment, ONE, and the next day she becomes one of the fastest DPS warframes in the game...
but yeah basically what you said, it's definitely a massive quality of life for Gauss, and it doesn't really take much.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a bad idea, but it does seem double-edged.  And because of that, I could see this being a contender for an Augment, but probably not a rework to the core ability.

The ability to do the quick dash is a great way to quickly cast multiple abilities as well as build battery charge, so I wouldn't want to lose that.

And in terms of sustained sprinting, I think part of what can make it so rewarding to use is the fact that it is challenging to use.  You move so fast and your ability to adjust your trajectory is limited, so the simple act of navigation becomes a fun mini-game in a flavor that only Gauss gets to play.  When you succeed, it feels really good!  And the only downside of crashing is that if you want to keep going you need to start again, which you can do right away.  I really like that kind of thing.

It sounds like this proposed new system would be even more consequence-free, which is certainly an upside, but that change goes hand-in-hand with losing the fun mini-game of trying to manage that single-direction sprint.  It's hard to say which one I'd prefer.

I also assume we'd either lose the great perspective "stretch" that happens when sprinting, because it doesn't seem like such an effect would be able to function omni-directionally.  That would be a bummer.

Tangentially, as far as "good enough for the feedback forums" goes, I'd suggest turning off that self-censor.  If you genuinely feel a certain way about something and you think it would make the game better, let the devs know.  As long as you're kind when you do so, I don't think there's any wrong with sharing your earnest thoughts with them in the forum they specifically made for that very thing! ^^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qorvex99 said:

Titania pisses me off so much, she gets ONE augment, ONE, and the next day she becomes one of the fastest DPS warframes in the game...

I'm currently imagining your Gauss in a public game, being taunted by a Titania with an annoyingly high pitched voice, calling you "slowpoke" and "Tortoise" all the time as she speeds on ahead.. and you're just praying she crashes into a Shield like a bug on a windscreen! :crylaugh: 

making sprinting for ALL frames mandatory would be nice, and an augment for Gauss where Redline no longer has duration but drains energy over time instead. if DE thinks that's too much, he could be given the Gyre treatment instead, where the duration of Redline refreshes based on enemies affected by his other abilities (maybe not Thermal Sunder though, we got plenty of that spam as it is.) IMO it should be tied to Mach Rush: running for long periods or knocking enemies away starts adding extra seconds to Redline. this encourages players to never. EVER stop zooming, which is the true way to play Gauss IMO.

and to put the icing on the cake. the perfect name for the Augment: Overclocked!

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

but yeah basically what you said, it's definitely a massive quality of life for Gauss, and it doesn't really take much.

What augment? I dont use titania and am pretty unaware on the subject.

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

What augment? I dont use titania and am pretty unaware on the subject.

Razorwing Blitz. Cast your other abilities while in Razorwing form and she gets up to +100% move speed AND damage

Titania is actually the fastest frame in the game. While the peeps were running experiments on Gauss and Volt (Gauss wins a sprint and Volt wins a marathon), Titania turned out to be easily five times faster than both of them if built right

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Razorwing Blitz. Cast your other abilities while in Razorwing form and she gets up to +100% move speed AND damage

Titania is actually the fastest frame in the game. While the peeps were running experiments on Gauss and Volt (Gauss wins a sprint and Volt wins a marathon), Titania turned out to be easily five times faster than both of them if built right

stahp it! you're about to make me start using Titania again, nuuuu

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Maybe its just a skill issue but i end up crashing into everything like a drunk june bug with titania as it is lol.

Same thing with mach rush. 

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

A prime reason why her augment needs to be nerfed. It's maddening that the two speed frames are getting left behind by that stupid overgrown insect.

3 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

A prime reason why her augment needs to be nerfed. It's maddening that the two speed frames are getting left behind by that stupid overgrown insect.

If you nerfed Titania, Nova would still smoke Gauss to a good player. Titania is an outlier, i'll agree with that, but your maximum speed is decided by parkour skill.

8 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

When I play Titania, I hate Volt. There's only so much speed I can handle. I'm pretty sure most Titania player can't handle the extra speed either.

51 minutes ago, ominumi said:

When I play Titania, I hate Volt. There's only so much speed I can handle. I'm pretty sure most Titania player can't handle the extra speed either.

I started playing Titania again, and she is really fun actually, I am starting to quickly learn how to handle her speed, when to press the sprint button and when to just fly at walking speed, sometimes I imagine the terrain based on memory and maneuver at maximum speed through the map, and end up succeeding without bumping into too many things.

it's the same thing @UnstarPrime was talking about with Gauss, about the mini game, the challenge is very satisfying.
additionally, she's a very great DPS Warframe, with her augment buff, and a good build she shreds most content...surprisingly her diwata kills acolytes faster than dex pixia, which I think has something to do with their damage attenuation.

to abbreviate, Titania is the speedy experience I wanted to have in this game, that Gauss didn't really provide. Gauss is still my number 1 though, just not in speed.

my only gripes with Titania is that I don't know what weapons to use with her, she doesn't use any, and nobody plays Titania without her 4