Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate faction standing cap

why is it a thing ? to slow players from getting things faster ? and i heard from podcast that they want to make it more easy for players to get into new quests and content sooner , if they really mean it then they ned to remove the daily cap

to balance it out they could reduce standing gain by 50%

It's a time gate to prevent players from maxing out a syndicate in one day and then coming to the forums and reddit and other places to whinge and complain that "There is nothing to do now that I maxed out everything in an update in a single day!!!!"

It's the same with the focus caps and why we have those, as people were able to finish the initial focus 1.0 system (which was slower to gain and cost more) in 3 or 4 days of solid grinding (and by that I do mean 72-96 hours of near constant playing)....and then proceeded to come onto the forums and reddit and anywhere else and complain and tantrum that there is nothing for them to do after they just ground for literal days on end with pretty much no breaks to finish the focus system.

It acts as a buffer to save players from themselves.

Even if you cut the standing gain by 50% you could still get from rank 0 to rank 5 in under a day for pretty much any syndicate out there.
And here's the thing: DE wants returning players.  Not players who log in, finish the new update in its entirety in a single day, and then sign off until the next update hits.
And guess what?  The daily standing caps help DE to achieve that goal (along with a number of other systems in place to also work towards that goal).

Then you also have the issue of economy, especially related to relics....and I would not want to see the rage when if DE had to put the same type of limit on syndicate relic packs that they put on teshin's steel path items....

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

why is it a thing ? to slow players from getting things faster ? and i heard from podcast that they want to make it more easy for players to get into new quests and content sooner , if they really mean it then they ned to remove the daily cap

It's a thing because people lack self control, especially when sginy things are dangled in front of them. Many People, including yourself perhaps, woul get everything ASAP and then complain there's nothing to do. I've seen people do this plenty of times over the years even WITH the caps in place, and you wanna remove them? Lol.

Standing caps are a ncessary evil, like it or not they arent going anywhere.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

why is it a thing ? to slow players from getting things faster ?

Basically.

3 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

and i heard from podcast that they want to make it more easy for players to get into new quests and content sooner , if they really mean it then they ned to remove the daily cap

Removing the standing cap completely won't happen, but people can dream.  But then you also want to make it twice as hard for casuals.    To "balance" it, lol, as part of the grind reduction.

Terrible idea.