The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One and Doners - ruining farming missions on a daily

This is the nature of public games, unfortunately. It's the wild west. Until DE implements a fully-fledged LFG system, this will go on. Again, the usual advice applies. You either find people who share your goals  (e.g. Discord, making friends, or clan, etc), try your luck on recruit chat (don't bother if you're not chasing the "hot farm" of the season), or just go solo which allows you to play by your own rules.

Personally I prefer to play solo to not worry about other's playstyles and when I public I decide to just suck it up and accept however others play. When it comes to people not responding it's possible they possible they speak another language or they're on console. I play on pc with my controller but I switch to my keyboard for sending messages. With controller it sometimes changes the letters to other random letters and typing on the virtual keyboards on console with a controller is a lot slower than typing on a regular keyboard. A 30 seconds or less message with a keyboard can be a 1 to 3 minute message on console so trying to type during a mission just leads to unnecessary deaths. 

• Like 1

Problem is WF wastes your time and its far more efficient to do quick missions than endless (in most cases). Starchart endless is completely pointless.

So you shouldn't be asking why are people leaving, ask whats the reason to stay for any long.

And if you want to do a long run for SE farming in a relic fissure for example, you should ask people ahead, not simply jump into pubs.

On 2024-02-04 at 11:53 AM, JonSupernova said:

IF the player doesn't give a heads up of some kind or even communicates, I don't know, that sounds like a decent reason to blame the player.

With respect, I'd recommend taking a step back and asking yourself a question:

When another player is ready to leave the game mode via that game mode's intended exit points, why would they think they owe you a written explanation?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

When another player is ready to leave the game mode via that game mode's intended exit points, why would they think they owe you a written explanation?

Seems like a pretty reasonable question ngl. Seems like common sense too

We don’t do that here 

Edited by Aruquae
/s, if only we did that here, though

29 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

Like "gg" before leaving? Most players don't. I do. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. 

• Like 1