Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How will you all feel if Mach Rush was his Passive/Roll Power?

Circle_of_Psi

So a small thing just came to me, rather than Mach Rush being his 1st power it could be his Passive/Roll power, leaving his 1st open to a brand new power of some sort.

The way it'll work is like how Limbos works but a little different, if you are running and then rolling it'll turn on Mach Rush, then continue to hold sprint to rush continuously, if you tap roll while running you'll do a quick dash. This might be even better for players who use autorun so you don't have to hold a key down.

Too OP, too stupid, Good?

Let me know

Cuz it is porb is stupid :(

I like it because it would allow me to jump while using Mach Rush without changing my key bindings. On PS, I have to press and hold L1+X to continually Mach Rush but X is also used to jump, so I can't do both, and turning off Mach Rush means I lose my speed and momentum which will ruin the jump.

28 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The way it'll work is like how Limbos works but a little different, if you are running and then rolling it'll turn on Mach Rush, then continue to hold sprint to rush continuously, if you tap roll while running you'll do a quick dash. This might be even better for players who use autorun so you don't have to hold a key down.

For tap to turn on sprint it would be problematic. I tap sprint-key at the beginning of the mission and I sprint all the time. I use roll a lot. So me rolling would turn it into "hold Mach rush" that I don't want to. Rolling to dash would be problematic as well. Dash is bigger than rolls, and I like my rolls small and petite. :3

hace 1 hora, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

Cuz it is porb is stupid :(

Well, not necessarily but it would only be possible to perform it with frontal rolls?
Or it'd be a bit buggy with back & side rolls where the player to have sprint-toggle.

Also, dunno about Sentinel's issue? Like, yes we need to hold down on L1+X for 1s or a bit more to start a continuous Mach Rush on PS, but you can always tap X again while it's active to jump, just not the moment you activate it. I still use default keybinds since day 1 for all but railjack, so dunno what keys has he changed.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

For tap to turn on sprint it would be problematic. I tap sprint-key at the beginning of the mission and I sprint all the time. I use roll a lot. So me rolling would turn it into "hold Mach rush" that I don't want to. Rolling to dash would be problematic as well. Dash is bigger than rolls, and I like my rolls small and petite. :3

51 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Well, not necessarily but it would only be possible to perform it with frontal rolls?
Or it'd be a bit buggy with back & side rolls where the player to have sprint-toggle.

Also, dunno about Sentinel's issue? Like, yes we need to hold down on L1+X for 1s or a bit more to start a continuous Mach Rush on PS, but you can always tap X again while it's active to jump, just not the moment you activate it. I still use default keybinds since day 1 for all but railjack, so dunno what keys has he changed.

Good question

I suppose that you'll only be able to use it with frontal rolls since you can still roll side to side or backwards to uncast stuff on you, that'll prob be better since you still need to aim where to run.

So either it'll be like that or perhaps MS can work like a no-cost toggle, so if it's on each time you sprint you'll use Mach Rush, if it's off then you do the usual rolls

20 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Good question

I suppose that you'll only be able to use it with frontal rolls since you can still roll side to side or backwards to uncast stuff on you, that'll prob be better since you still need to aim where to run.

So either it'll be like that or perhaps MS can work like a no-cost toggle, so if it's on each time you sprint you'll use Mach Rush, if it's off then you do the usual rolls

Toggle could work but you still using ability (or at least subability).

I can see the logic behind it but I'm feeling iffy on how and why you would implement it

The comparison to Limbo is a valid question, but not one I would rule in your favor. Limbo was given Rift Walk for free because the Rift is the entire point of his kit. Limbo having to cast his 2 just to make his own kit actually function felt off to DE; DE thought it made as much sense as Frost being unable to fight frozen enemies unless he stood inside his globe. In contrast, nothing in Gauss's kit relies on Mach Rush. His kit is "kinetic energy," and Mach Rush is just one expression of that (that being "bullet"). He can still use the other three ("energy absorption," "heat and cold," and "overclocking") without ever touching Mach Rush