Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helldivers 2

On 3/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, Aerikx said:

*The ring finger on The Monkey's Paw curls down leaving a lone and prominent middle finger left standing.* 

Legendary Arcanes have been moved and locked behind the Kahl-Divers weekly mission. Kahl's Loadout is randomly chosen and the mission is 1 map just night, day, and where you land is random. 

For my brothers

For democracy

FOR SUPER EARTH! 

Hell Yeah Victory GIF by PlayStation

• Like 2

Now after a single update which primarily nerfed one weapon that was basically a swiss army knife on crack which literally only was bad for killing trash mobs, there is absolute chaos among the HD2 community with several people claiming the entire game is ruined or that Arrowhead betrayed the playerbase while the rest are rolling their eyes out of socket from the severe perceived overreaction.

...As a long time Warframe player I can only say:

First time?

• Like 2

I've just gotta say, the comical meltdowns some people are having over the Railgun nerf reminds me all too much of whenever anything insanely powerful gets hit in Warframe.

-looks at the Kuva Bramma Dramma and the current Nourish debacle-

Like...eerily similar.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I've just gotta say, the comical meltdowns some people are having over the Railgun nerf reminds me all too much of whenever anything insanely powerful gets hit in Warframe.

Like...eerily similar.

Frustrated Angry Video Game Nerd GIF

Gamers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Now after a single update which primarily nerfed one weapon that was basically a swiss army knife on crack which literally only was bad for killing trash mobs, there is absolute chaos among the HD2 community with several people claiming the entire game is ruined or that Arrowhead betrayed the playerbase while the rest are rolling their eyes out of socket from the severe perceived overreaction.

...As a long time Warframe player I can only say:

First time?

yep, pretty much.

it's important to know that the vast majority of people into HD2 are people who never played HD1 (or even heard of it), and may not even play online co-op games in general: they might come straight from the likes of CoD/Fortnite, and nerfs don't exactly go down well in those circles either.. ultimately as time goes on, the true fans of HD2 will filter out from the rest as they leave, just as it has been with Warframe. 

there are also valid concerns about the fact that higher difficulty in HD2 right now = dealing with an innumerable amount of the heaviest enemies, when many the tools designed to kill those enemies have enormous restrictions (limited uses, cooldowns etc.). there some genuinely broken enemies right now (bile spewers), but hopefully these will get looked at in time. Arrowhead still have a lot of work ahead of them. 

personally I never wanted to rely on a meta anyway and I'm having too much fun with the now functional heavy armor and the buffed weapons, especially the flamethrower. more than anything though, I'm waiting on the mechs to drop: those will be fun, and potentially make Hard missions a lot easier, but the devs will inevitably counter them (flying enemies  I reckon.. ugh.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

Like...eerily similar.

To be fair, the devs screwed up on the patch notes and gave people the wrong idea of what the Railgun changes were. So they brought that one on themselves. I have seen almost nothing really negative per se about the Breaker nerf, other than the expected grumblings about how most other options are so weak (hence why Breaker was used in the first place, it actually killed things reasonably).

The real issue is that the effectively outright deleted medium and heavy armor from the game, because there is never a situation at any skill level where it's correct to take those over light armor (due to how the game works on a functional level). Speaking of armor... I have no idea who on the dev team suffered a brain-crippling stroke, but armor being anything other than a cosmetic is/was easily the worst change they made to the game.

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

there are also valid concerns about the fact that higher difficulty in HD2 right now = dealing with an innumerable amount of the heaviest enemies, when many the tools designed to kill those enemies have enormous restrictions (limited uses, cooldowns etc.). there some genuinely broken enemies right now (bile spewers), but hopefully these will get looked at in time. Arrowhead still have a lot of work ahead of them. 

This I get and agree with, mainly because Warframe has gone through the exact same issue in a way in regards to the Grineer and the old armor bloat issue.

But rather than focus on that, 90% of the discourse I've seen have been the "sHoulD HaVE jUSt buFFeD eVeryThINg elsE" drivel that comes up every other time, that or mindless "git gud" spam (which, admittedly in regards to the Railgun, probably applies towards the Unsafe mode at least) that doesn't look at any root causes.

It's probably just a bit exhausting because I've seen something similar happen to Warframe a few too many times and really wish people would learn from the past of other games at some point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aldain said:

It's probably just a bit exhausting because I've seen something similar happen to Warframe a few too many times and really wish people would learn from the past of other games at some point.

humans, learn from the past? good one!

Spider Man Lol GIF

it also doesn't help matters that one of the devs confessed to trolling as well.. it's a real dumpsterfire there right now.

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

humans, learn from the past? good one!

Spider Man Lol GIF

it also doesn't help matters that one of the devs confessed to trolling as well.. it's a real dumpsterfire there right now.

No kidding.

Also the ever present "No nerf only buff" crowd are everywhere in regards to the topic, someone honestly said to me "People prefer fun power creep to boring nerfs" and I just...let out a minute long sigh.

Maybe that's just my experience with Warframe causing me to realize that power creep inevitably leads to anti-fun game design specifically to counter said power creep.

On 2024-02-28 at 7:07 PM, CoffeeElemental said:

It's called Borderlands I believe.

To be fair, WF's dialouge doesn't make me want to reactively shut the game off like BL2 and onwards, lol.  I live me a good loot game but BL filtered me hard from the cringy dialouge.

Edited by MetalMechabolic
I'm bad at computers. ;A;

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-03-06 at 11:14 PM, Aldain said:

And here I sit and go "Yeeeeeessssssss!!!!! Fin-a-#*!%ing-ly!!!!!" to the Nourish "nerf", which for me doesnt matter the slightest in regards to the energy nerf, but ends up being a massive buff due to the viral damage "nerf". Suddenly half the stat spread impact from that buff is *poof* gone and less of a bother. Cant get better than that on a buff that provides a stat that we have no reason to overcap. Well it could be better, if they cut it even harder, but I'll take what I can.

• 4 weeks later...

One key take away that I love to be implemented from Helldivers into warframe is the Solar system wide type invasion. We already have the Invasion in warframe and the events with the ghouls in the Plains. I remember DE considering more on the cooperative sides of activities int he game. The things that stands out are Clan events, Solar System wide scale Invasions that rotats between each faction trying to take ove rtthe solar system, Raids would be fun but even I am not sure how to implement them, and more events that takes place on the plains in the open world sections of warframe. I would even argue that PvP in warframe is possible just not with warframes, maybe using Necromechs or operators. 

• Like 2

On 2024-02-12 at 8:19 PM, Tsukinoki said:

Yeah, I am holding off on helldivers 2 until they show their hand regarding the DLC practices.

I mean helldivers 1 had a DLC for "All Terrain Boots", which removed the penalty of walking in snow and swamps.  Those planets were utterly miserable to go through without that DLC, because without the DLC you can't sprint in snow or swamp.
Sure it only cost 3 dollars, but should a game really be charging 3 dollars to allow you to sprint on all of its maps?

Interesting, what your take on warframe exilus mod slot?