Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Think waiting 24 Hours to do Mastery Ranking is just bad

Gryph888

I could not understand a worse system in my life past WoW systems destiny's and Now this dog crap How on earth are you supposed to keep people wanting to use new weapons and Frams if they are locked behind this system as someone trying to come back to the game Going from the lvl 7 to 8 trial is by far the worse thought the one before it where the dudes were bugged and hide from me so the time would run out now if I fall off 4 times i can complete it then have to wait if you fail the trial you should atleast wait an hour or 3 not #*!%ing 24 you are just asking someone to not play i just finished the new war i have nothing else to do but lvl up weapons now i cant because of this dog S#&$ system so thank you i will not be playing this dog S#&$ system till my 24 hours are up and if it happen 3 times in a row like the last one did i will unistall the game and preach to everyone that i know its not worth the time or money to look at this game because of a system that is time gated so it forces you to play the game and do somthing else when the somthing else i need to do is lvl guns up and frames well good job. 

34 minutes ago, Gryph888 said:

i have nothing else to do but lvl up weapons

I'm very skeptical that you've been farming up "adequate" amounts of resources, improving your gear (forma, arcanes, etc.), and making progress in factions that the only thing you have left is leveling up new weapons.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gryph888 said:

if you fail the trial you should atleast wait an hour or 3 not #*!%ing 24 you are just asking someone to not playgood job. 

1). You can (and should) practice mastery tests before taking them!!  Either via the button on the bottom right of the mastery rank up screen, or visit Simaris at any relay (There's a corridoor on the right just at the entrance to his room, that has all the MR tests you can practice), and only take the actual test when you can consistently pass the practice.

2). Even if you fail a MR test, any XP you earn until you complete the test is still kept, so it's not wasting any XP, all it's doing is making you wait longer to rank up. 

3). If you're MR8, then I can guarantee you have nowhere near enough resources and a HUGE amount of stuff left to do.   So quitting until you can pass the test is just prolonging the time it takes you to be able to rank up further.

While you wait those 24 hours, run more missions, rather than ragequit because you failed - grind the resources you are going to need to craft more stuff, grind for the frames and weapon parts you'll need (because there's going to be waittimes on crafting those things too).  Work on upping your standing in the open world syndicates, do invasions for the resources and weapon parts they give.  AND PRACTICE THE TEST for the next time.

If you play Warframe in such a shortsighted way that you have "nothing" to do between MR tests, then you're always going to struggle.  Novel idea, but maybe PLAY THE GAME while you wait...

53 minutes ago, Gryph888 said:

i will unistall the game and preach to everyone that i know its not worth the time or money to look at this game because of a system that is time gated so it forces you to play the game and do somthing else

Welcome to Warframe....  A lot of the game is timegated, I'm surprised you made it so far without realising that.

It's time management.  While you're waiting on something (no matter what that is), there's always something else you could be doing, and usually that's preparing for something else you need in the future (resources, weapon/frame parts etc.)

• Like 5

AH as aspected the white knights of the game come to post so ive pust 120 hours in the game if you read the comment i am coming back to the game so i had some stuff already done and im a very grinding person its funny to say go farm for stuff so i can craft it cool but i cant craft those things if I go farm up for it i have 23 things to lvl up 7 prims 6 somthing secondary's and some melees okay after i lvl that all up in about 6 hours time cause i have all the nodes and ove the frames i have maxed i have my gaus augmented 3 times and my 2 prime guns i got from the pack auged 3 times each as well i need better mods im able to farm up to lvl 70 stuff and around that stuff gets hard to kill i know that not even close to end game sense most of that is lvl 2000 regardless how can i expect to get there if somthing that shouldnt be timegated im sorry defending this is brain dead its a bad system if you a person like me who wants to grind out to a point where stopping feels good and not a feeling of jeez i have so much to do before i can play the real game, youve lost atleast 5% of your players with this idea of being good to wait 24 hours to play more of the game which is lvl of frams and guns So yes i understand im not saying remove the time gated fulled but just 24 hours is a little much and sense they are already changing leveling systems i think this should be one of them sorry i have this opinion sure practice it but i should practice somthing im only gonna be doing once and never again. 

4 minutes ago, Gryph888 said:

AH as aspected the white knights of the game come to post so ive pust 120 hours in the game if you read the comment i am coming back to the game so i had some stuff already done and im a very grinding person its funny to say go farm for stuff so i can craft it cool but i cant craft those things if I go farm up for it i have 23 things to lvl up 7 prims 6 somthing secondary's and some melees okay after i lvl that all up in about 6 hours time cause i have all the nodes and ove the frames i have maxed i have my gaus augmented 3 times and my 2 prime guns i got from the pack auged 3 times each as well i need better mods im able to farm up to lvl 70 stuff and around that stuff gets hard to kill i know that not even close to end game sense most of that is lvl 2000 regardless how can i expect to get there if somthing that shouldnt be timegated im sorry defending this is brain dead its a bad system if you a person like me who wants to grind out to a point where stopping feels good and not a feeling of jeez i have so much to do before i can play the real game, youve lost atleast 5% of your players with this idea of being good to wait 24 hours to play more of the game which is lvl of frams and guns So yes i understand im not saying remove the time gated fulled but just 24 hours is a little much and sense they are already changing leveling systems i think this should be one of them sorry i have this opinion sure practice it but i should practice somthing im only gonna be doing once and never again. 

Godzilla Had A Stroke Reading This GIF - Godzilla Had A Stroke Reading This  - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Gryph888 said:

ah yes im just talking to a bunch or want to be lotus chairs MFs dont want the game to imporve

Nah it's just obvious from the post you're doing it wrong, so the point gets lost on the way. It's dishonest to just tell you "yeah time-gates suck".

You're attempting a narrow, vertical speed-run, and later on you'll hit a wall created only by you if you play like this. Many of us did hit that wall, because we did the same. That's why we can't pretend "bro the mastery time-gate man, hate I can't rank up". At some point there's no gear left in the Dojo. Then you need to do other grinds to get more gear, and that content is time-gated way harder. We are talking weeks, and months, not hours or days.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aivastus said:

Nah it's just obvious from the post you're doing it wrong, so the point gets lost on the way. It's dishonest to just tell you "yeah time-gates suck".

You're attempting a narrow, vertical speed-run, and later on you'll hit a wall created only by you if you play like this. Many of us did hit that wall, because we did the same. That's why we can't pretend "bro the mastery time-gate man, hate I can't rank up". At some point there's no gear left in the Dojo. Then you need to do other grinds to get more gear, and that content is time-gated way harder. We are talking weeks, and months, not hours or days.

Finally soneone read my S#&$ okay thank you see so i just need to take my time and not try to rush to the end game stuff so that encourges me not worrying about the 24 hours cause of whats to be expected ahead im okay waiting months on somthing if ive worked weeks for it that different atleast from my perspective not oh no you failed try again in 24 hour might be worth might not be weeeeeeee just kinda lame sorry but okay thank you stop speed running the S#&$s just enjoy what content i can do at the time. 

12 hours ago, Gryph888 said:

You're a returning player and still struggling? You know what? I'm going to wait for your "The New War" topic SOON.

• Like 3

I mean...yeah, it feels kinda harsh, but Affinity is banked. I'm on MR18, and I likely have more than enough Affinity stacked up to make it to at least MR22. And it's not like Mastery even effects combat stats anyway. It's mostly unlocks and minor QoL. If you're just looking for Equipment Unlocks, you only need MR16. The wiki page has a full list of benefits and even video tutorials on how to beat every single MR test.

• Like 1

I can understand the 24hrs wait in some way, I still think its the dumbest mechanic to ever exist but it has some purpuse, but please can someone explain to me why giving someone a 24hr wait after they fail or leave the mr test bc to me it sounds like the biggest #*!% you to anyones face whenever they dont know about it.

1 hour ago, NimmyRah said:

I can understand the 24hrs wait in some way, I still think its the dumbest mechanic to ever exist but it has some purpuse, but please can someone explain to me why giving someone a 24hr wait after they fail or leave the mr test bc to me it sounds like the biggest #*!% you to anyones face whenever they dont know about it.

Even though practice is a thing, there is still no reason why someone should have to wait until the next day to rank up if they fail.

On 2024-02-18 at 3:28 PM, NimmyRah said:

It's to counter bots. As well as stopping people from creating an army of accounts for verious intent. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ominumi said:

It's to counter bots. As well as stopping people from creating an army of accounts for verious intent. 

if thats the actual reason then it acomplishes nothing bc bots will go thru it anyway, #*!% they probably wont even #*!%ing fail the master rank up its only there to annoy ppl lets be honest here 

On 2024-02-16 at 3:46 AM, Gryph888 said:

Some free punctuation for you. ........ ,,,,,,,, Use as many as you want, Tenno.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SABRETOOTH1971 said:

Some free punctuation for you. ........ ,,,,,,,, Use as many as you want, Tenno.

how dare he not use dots on the internet, i just love it when ppl refuse to comment on the original point and just go grammar natzi on ppl 10/10 

2 hours ago, NimmyRah said:

if thats the actual reason then it acomplishes nothing bc bots will go thru it anyway, #*!% they probably wont even #*!%ing fail the master rank up its only there to annoy ppl lets be honest here 

Yes the very few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us players. Do I hate it as well? Yes. Do I care? No I'm Legendary Rank 3. Only new players care about Mastery Rank. Because they see it as a measure of their self worth. Those who has played warframe for more than three months realize it's just a number.

how dare he not use dots on the internet, i just love it when ppl refuse to comment on the original point and just go grammar natzi on ppl 10/10 

Typos happen and people whose first language isn't English post on the forum all the time. That is fine.

But it's usually easy to tell when someone is being willfully ignorant and lazy and it undermines any point they're trying to make.

it acomplishes nothing bc bots will go thru it anyway,

Ah yes, all those MR rank up bots that plague the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ominumi said:

Yes the very few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us players. Do I hate it as well? Yes. Do I care? No I'm Legendary Rank 3. Only new players care about Mastery Rank. Because they see it as a measure of their self worth. Those who has played warframe for more than three months realize it's just a number.

It's not about self worth, every new player is just annoyed that they have to wait that damn long to try any other weapons or frames when they start the game and get hit by a wall, and as you said you're already done with all that so you dont feel the same way about them, its not just a number it forces you to stop playing unless you want to farm low level maps for mats you can't even use yet or farm Endo for mods which is so "easy" for a new player that doesn't know anything about the game, I still don't believe the 24hr wait on fails is a prevention for bots btw, it really does nothing to stop any bot problem if this game had any to begin with, to me it seems like an old system that didn't evolve with time and veteran players are already done with most of it so it doesn't affect them but they refuse to accept criticism for the game.

The mastery test time gate is definitely stupid and feels completely outdated.

At most it gets maybe 10 extra login days from the players that tolerate it enough that it doesn't prompt them to abandon the game, before they wisen up and never incur this penalty again by testing until they have an absolutely foolproof way of clearing them. A drop in the bucket compared to the years worth of content the game has to offer.

It's exclusively a player retainment mechanic, and It loses far more players than it retains. It's outdated and outright detrimental to the game and it's playerbase. It needs to go.

Side note: Swearing like that, even tho the forums auto-censors it, can get your account flagged if someone reports you for it. Yeah, I know, its horrendously stupid. The game's rated M and actually has swears in it now so it's just an outright nonsensical and hypocritical rule. But It is a rule, so be careful about that.

I find the waiting time is valid.

Can you IRL repeat an actual test right away after you failed one? Can you repeat it endless amount of times? Why cant you do that? Because then It wouldnt be a test. It wouldnt carry any weight at all. One of the mechanics to make something have value is to have less of it or make it less accesible or for less amount of people or add a time gate.

You can practice without the risk and the test is the same in practice as it is for real. Also the if yo uare applicable for multiple it prevents you from rushing through the ranks (for your own good).

• Like 2