Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

happy about the new yareli augment !

_Anise_

image.png?ex=65eb8e3e&is=65d9193e&hm=7b3

I have been asking for exactly this here and on reddit for the longest time and I am finally actually looking forward to playing her once it arrives !

I guess it fixes multiple issues people with her kit!

casting sea snares being limited / expensive is now offloaded onto a pseudo companion opening her base version for potential helminth.

she finally can freely parkour around the map without needing to be on Merulina ! while gaining the damage reduction for having it around.

also her self rooting abilities no longer root you while not on Merulina !

Super happy for this !

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

image.png?ex=65eb8e3e&is=65d9193e&hm=7b3

she finally can freely parkour around the map without needing to be on Merulina ! while gaining the damage reduction for having it around.

Who told you that you will get Damage reduction with that augment? :3

I'm soooo excited to try her out without the annoying part of the gameplay. And the best part is that the ability is still there, it is still useful, and still looks great.

57 minutes ago, quxier said:

There is a part of the footage that shows Yareli being shot by a lv40+ enemy and taking very little damage, right after she summons Merulina and shortly after losing the invulnerability. Plus the augment says she no longer -RIDES- Merulina, and not that she no longer benefits from her. Plus she retains the invulnerability on cast, so it would just be natural that she also retains the damage resistance.

Edited by Venefik
forgot some info
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Venefik said:
56 minutes ago, quxier said:

There is a part of the footage that shows Yareli being shot by a lv40+ enemy and taking very little damage, right after she summons Merulina and shortly after losing the invulnerability.

It's only lvl 40. We don't know what build she has. And you need to take into account that she is moving in blocked places. Merulina CC enemies, walls block attacks etc.

12 minutes ago, Venefik said:

Plus the augment says she no longer -RIDES- Merulina, and not that she no longer benefits from her.

If you don't ride her, you don't get benefits. It's simple as this for me. At this point we can just speculate. Both versions have the same probability of appearing.

• Like 1

Just now, quxier said:

It's only lvl 40. We don't know what build she has. And you need to take into account that she is moving in blocked places. Merulina CC enemies, walls block attacks etc.

If you don't ride her, you don't get benefits. It's simple as this for me. At this point we can just speculate. Both versions have the same probability of appearing.

Well, a mod slot and 90% damage reduction seems pretty crazy as a cost just to not ride her and have her cast what seems like a single target version of her not very impressive 1st once every 2s. At this point, swapping Merulina for the reworked Eclipse is propably better.

But you're right, just speculations for now.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

it was shown on the devstream gameplay clip, the companion version had the damage absorb / hp thing in the bottom right when it was active, so I assume its the full kit just minus the kdrive, otherwise they would have said right ?

they also mentioned removing the rooting skills which would also play into freeing her from the kdrive restrictions

19 minutes ago, Venefik said:
23 minutes ago, quxier said:

Well, a mod slot and 90% damage reduction seems pretty crazy as a cost just to not ride her and have her cast what seems like a single target version of her not very impressive 1st once every 2s. At this point, swapping Merulina for the reworked Eclipse is propably better.

well it casts her #1 which was at some point also modified to apply 50% damage buff to the target, it does it for free so it measn you can replace her #1 with helminth and still have access to her whole kit with the augment so it seems ok ?

Edited by _Anise_

6 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

it was shown on the devstream gameplay clip, the companion version had the damage absorb / hp thing in the bottom right when it was active

And? It doesn't mean it affects frame or just Merulina.

7 minutes ago, quxier said:

I'm going to go out on a whim and put 1+1 togehter and say

"Summon Merulina, a rideable creature of the waves, and the inspiration for K-Driving. Merulina protects Yareli by absorbing a large portion of incoming damage. "

+

"Yareli no longer rides Meruline instead, Merulina follows her and casts sea snares on nearby enemies. 2s cooldown"

=

"Summon Merulina. Merulina protects Yareli by absorbing a large portion of incoming damage, Merulina follows her and casts sea snares on nearby enemies. 2s cooldown"

otherwise this augment would be pointless, it would just be putting sea snares on her #2 if it didn't, so logically it should give her the DR

Edited by _Anise_

21 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

otherwise this augment would be pointless, it would just be putting sea snares on her #2 if it didn't, so logically it should give her the DR

Depending on how it works. It may be 5 Sea snares every 2 second without energy cost. That's pretty neat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

so it seems ok ?

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

It seems great! ^ The 2nd quote is pretty much what I meant to say. I'm very excited for the augment since the two things I didn't really like on Yareli was her Aquablades and Merulina forcing us into K-Drive mode. Now I can use an augment that rids me of the K-Drive mode and a Helminth to replace the blades, and finally enjoy her like I would have loved to from the beginning, using all my weapons and Helminth subsumes! Now I can't wait for her Prime. >///<

• Like 1

11 hours ago, quxier said:

Depending on how it works. It may be 5 Sea snares every 2 second without energy cost. That's pretty neat.

I might be wrong but in the video it looked like it was just casting the one snare, but it did seem to be consistently cast on the enemy nearest Yareli, its short enough cd that you're always going to have at least one in CC up

9 hours ago, Venefik said:

a Helminth to replace the blades

the blades are good passive damage ability for anything charging at her, and even with your pet casting the bubble you can still only have 15 out at any one time (I assume) ?

I will be replacing the bubbles

• Like 1

14 hours ago, quxier said:

12 hours ago, quxier said:

Don't jump to such negative conclusions.

If it deactivated the DR, they would have said because that's a massive, function-changing nerf to the kit. There wouldn't have been the same interface as before (because other pseudo-companions don't have one) and there wouldn't have been the same invincibility portion on Yareli's Health when the ability was cast (the charge-up) if it wasn't functioning the same way that it did before.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If it deactivated the DR,

it shows the DR counter on the combat video they posted, it would also only be logical that while active it gave you DR otherwise it would be turning her #2 into another copy of her #1 for what reason ?

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:
17 hours ago, quxier said:

15 hours ago, quxier said:

Don't jump to such negative conclusions.

I just don't expect too much from Merulina. We don't have rolls (proper short rolls), no helmith, no modding. What to expect?

On 2024-02-24 at 5:33 PM, quxier said:

I just don't expect too much from Merulina. We don't have rolls (proper short rolls), no helmith, no modding. What to expect?

But you can expect the basic function that Merulina is used for, beyond Mobility, to persist when given an Augment. There are very, very few Augments that actually remove something Defense based, even when there's a trade-off on there for more power to an Offense or Utility based portion.

::Edit:: 

On 2024-02-24 at 3:03 PM, _Anise_ said:

it shows the DR counter on the combat video they posted, it would also only be logical that while active it gave you DR otherwise it would be turning her #2 into another copy of her #1 for what reason ?

Yes, correct, I said it is logical. I was responding to somebody that said it might not have DR by giving them the logical assumption that DE would definitely have said something if they were going to remove the Damage Reduction from it.

That's too big of a nerf for DE not to have said something. The fact that they didn't say they were removing the DR is a strong indication that they are not removing the DR.

However, you can see a bit of the logic to the other people's panic, in that the UI element might actually just be Merulina's Health, which could be there just for an indicator of whether Merulina is going to die or not. However, it's not likely due to all the other evidence and arguments stated.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1