Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What gear do you like even though it's not meta?

For primary I like the assault rifles the most and beam weapons which are continious. I do not like the projectile based weapons because it needs to travel to the target and it limits the potential range to kill. 

I do like secondaries but my most loved one would be akstilleto, lato, aklato, stubba. Still there are weapons I need to explore and use more than just a rank up item.

In melees my main choice is how fast the weapon can kill with pressing E and how much slowing you down. Some stances does not disrupt your movement some does and others are more or less focusing on the heavy attacks or combos. I personally not like combos as much because sometimes it locks you in one place and that is a big no on a content where you can be one shot.

As list I like Dual Ether, Ether, Ether Daggers, Heat Sword seires, Pangolin, Jaw Sword, Cronus (I like the design), Nami Skyla, Skana, Dual Skana, Orthos, Cassowar, Dual Zoren, Guandao, Bo (despite the stances are not good, clashing forest managable) , Magistar, Scoliac, Galatine (Rending Crane is good for it and the Cleaving Whirlwind).

If the stances does not lock down the momentum and let you move in all direction then it would be great but most enemies using ranged weapons so it limits the options. 

On 2024-02-29 at 6:59 PM, UnstarPrime said:

When we're looking to be as effective as possible, we often turn to the meta, and it's no secret why: there's a joy to be found in being effective, in being optimal.

But that's not the only thing that can bring us joy.  I know that many of us have weapons and Warframes that we love despite them not being optimal.  Where it's the aesthetic or the game feel or something else entirely, something about them brings us joy that overshadows any disparity in efficacy that they may have.  And because of that, we're willing to settle for "good enough", or maybe we even bend over backwards to make these sub-par favorites shine.

I want to hear about the Warframes, Weapons, Pets, and even the Mods that you love to use even though the overall player base isn't in to them.  Let's use this thread to celebrate everyone's distinct tastes and hear about perspectives that we might otherwise never have considered!

I'll try to kick things off with my favorite weapon: the Bo.  It can't slash and it has terrible follow-through; it even gives Lifted status to enemies and causes them to float away before I kill them sometimes!  But none of the downsides have come close to conquering the joy I get from smacking robots with it; I simply love the flowing animations and the wooden *clunk* of the sound effects it makes.  It was my first melee weapon in Warframe, and there might even be some nostalgia due to the fact that Donatello was my favorite Ninja Turtle as a kid.  The recent Incarnon boosts and even more recent addition of Melee Influence feel like they've given the Bo a second chance at life, which has been very fun to experience.  I don't expect to see it on any top 10 lists, but the Bo is a weapon I just can't quit.

What about you, Tenno?

One of my favorite "non meta" weapons (its not terrible) is tigris prime.

Garuda using her Talons while having Helios as my companion.

She was my first frame when I was starting out that really got me going, bought her with plat. I was having a miserable time keeping my health and energy up with the other frames I had. Helios well I'm a compulsive scanner thanks to Metroid Prime series so having someone take care of that job when it comes to most objects GOD SEND, Oxylus special mention too.

If the Incarnon Torid didn't exist, I would be using Kuva Kohm.

Fun and still very effective, but unfortunately a single-target weapon in an AoE meta.

Doesn't need green shards for a magnetic / corrosive / cold Kohm to torch a target quickly.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG
for the feels

The Hirudo melee weapon, the Phantasma and the Tenora primary weapons, and the Euphona secondary weapon. I have been using them for years, even throughout my many breaks from the game. I always go back to them. Idk why 

The Hirudo used to be my go-to melee weapon for nearly all my builds, since it practically made whatever frame I played unkillable.

Crit and Lifesteal make for a very strong combo, I tell ya.

I use most guns, meta or not. Among non-meta ones I particularly like buzlok, exergis, komorex, cinta. Also sporothrix and battacor, if those are not considered as meta.

META? In Warframe that doesn't exist. With a specific warframe a meh weapon could be broken or simply good.

In the end, the ''META'' is created by players who do not like to experiment and use the easiest ones  builds without even testing. An example? Rakta Dark Dagger It is a weapon that is good but it is not that it is better at anything but with the correct build and warframe it can be stupidly op. 

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 1