Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

missed opertunity on harrow?

_Anise_

it just seems weird to me that his 2 eats up all of his shields to give a buff

his 4 makes him immune but absorbs damage to make another buff

Why isn't there a glaring synergy that wants exist here between those two abilities..

I'm talking about having his #4 make his #2 not eat shield but give the full buff as if it did, while also counting the amount of damage #2 would have done to shields as "damage absorbed" to scale the crit buff from his #4

so basically you go 4, 2 get crit, haste and not lose shields ?

it just seems like one of those design things you look at and think why does it not already just work this way ?

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

Harrow is about sacrifice.  Use his 1 to get back his shields.  

Adarza should be Harrow's #1 pet..  Since Harrow buffs team CC and so does Adaza....

BUT...Maybe you could try a Sentinel + Guardian + Manifold build so that when you cast 2 his sentinel instantly restores his shields back to max NORMAL amount (not overshield).  I don't think a Hound can have guardian...  so I think your stuck with DIriga or Nautilus as options ??    Wyrm has a radial attack but it only hits enemies in 10 meters.. I do not think that works well lol.   

There's also Arcane Aegis?/Barrier.   I guess Aegis is better since its constantly regenerating your shields... I thought it sounded like crap so I never farmed it lol.  Im stuck with barrier.  

------

My harrow gets to around 4k overshields.. I pretty much cap out his 2 in two casts.   I was just thinking about using my Harrow last night while on my Wisp.   I'm pretty sure I got x5 shield shards on him lol.   If I ever update them i'd prob do 4 tau shields and 1 Tau casting speed.  

Not sure what I did with his arcanes....Harrow is great with guns or melee... if I use melee arcanes I would love to try Bless+Reaper arcanes... I love that combo...  +1200 HP +600armor..  +25 HP Regen on melee kills.    Harrow would have insane shields/HP/and decent armor lol.  I'm pretty sure I went molt Aug+eff though.   

I kinda get the his theme I was mostly just thinking he would flow a lot better if his rotationed ended up up being 4, 2 to keep the 2 buffs up with an  occasional 1to keep shields topped up

I found against easier enemies it was just impossible to take any damage to make his 4 do anything at all

at around 4k with overshield I found it painful to use #1 being directional to actually recharge shields after spending them for a short buff

Because it would make the mechanic pointless. This just just basic game design.

Why would you design an ability use a resource (shield) and provide benefits, if you can completely erase the cost with another button ?
It's not like using ult before 2 is a deep mechanic, it's just an obvious thing everyone would do because it's obviously better with no downsides.

His 4 doesn't just build off Harrow though,  its also builds off your panzy squadmates......

This sounds like your asking purely for fighting eidolons??   I don't do that so I don't really got advice...   but I see what your getting at.. no enemies around so its not easy to build up the crit chance bonus?  

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

I'm talking about having his #4 make his #2 not eat shield but give the full buff as if it did, while also counting the amount of damage #2 would have done to shields as "damage absorbed" to scale the crit buff from his #4

I like Harrow a lot as he is, but I can see a lot of appeal in this idea.  It basically accomplishes the same thing, but gives him some protection from mis-tapping Penance at the end of Covenant, and a little bit of protection if he gets nullified during Covenant.  It's also some built in self damage for Retaliation, when can be such a frustration to charge up in squads.

It's slightly less thematic, and wouldn't have quite the same endorphin rush of his current gameplay when everything goes right.  But I wouldn't cry if Pablo stole your idea. :P

• Like 1

Based on his self-sacrifice theme, I would assume that if it worked that way, casting his 4 would actually make his 2 no longer function until his 4 wears off