The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix the other operator factions too

Star700

The other factions of Necraloid and Quills need a rebalance too. Loid wants random junk and the quills want me to kill 30 eidolons for my current rank well, the random junk ain't dropping and ain't no way I have the attention span to kill 30 eidolons. Back me up, you know I'm right.

• Like 1

I'd agree with you on the Quills if there was anything worth ranking up for in there (asides from the Phahd, maybe)

Loid just wants Necramech junk, which should be pretty manageable to get if you're fighting Mechs and are already working on building your own Mech anyways

Otherwise, it's the same slog grind as ever, which was never great but is about the same as I'd expect anywhere else

• Like 4

I don't see the problem here. All of them require resources from their specific branches of content. That "random junk" is rewarded from Iso Vaults while Eidolons are a joke to kill.

There's really nothing to rebalance either. Necraloid will be ranked up long before you even finish the Iso vault grinds. While The Quills only require like 7 tri-caps to get all the Shards you need for rank up.

Vox was the only outlier with how rare systems ended up being thus needed the rebalance.

Edited by trst
  • Like 6

And here's me still wishing we had OG Plains of Eidolon progression for all the open worlds so that you took a while to complete things and all the different modes (excluding conservation) was taken part in to 100% the factions.

The factions are extremely trivial to be honest. 99% of the items only require daily reputation, and the stuff outside of that isn't too much of a bother to farm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

And here's me still wishing we had OG Plains of Eidolon progression for all the open worlds so that you took a while to complete things and all the different modes (excluding conservation) was taken part in to 100% the factions.

The factions are extremely trivial to be honest. 99% of the items only require daily reputation, and the stuff outside of that isn't too much of a bother to farm.

Yeah, I'm with you (I think). I like the idea of these factions as long-term engagements where you have to sink in time to be rewarded. But players don't like it, especially new players who are faced with what seems to them like an impossibly tall cliff of grindy content. I think it's hard to design a long-term activity that is suitably engaging for veteran players while not turning new players off entirely.

• Like 1

I agree that 30 eidolon bones and about probably 500 void essences is out-dated for the stuff they offer. They need to add more stuff to their vendoring system for all that to be worth it; but it is a grind.

For the quills, pretty much everything in there is outdated. I don't understand why they still have not added anything of worth in his shop for that many eidolon bones. Yes, they are bones.

For Necroloid, it can be easily obtainable, since you cand do those bounties and get more than one of those things requirements. For void essences, can be a pain, since you only get about 36 per mission, depending on the mission type and ranking. I have gotten 13 void essences for a 55 level destroy mission, pretty pathetic for a high ranking mission.