Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xata's Whisper VS Roar for Melee

AdamTheBean

Question

I am currently using two frames; both are melee oriented.

Atlas with a crit stat stick and Ash with Ichor Incarnon and a faction mod.

With the upcoming changes to Eclipse, I'm trying to determine which ability I should subsume for damage.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Roar would be your best bet for your Atlas, and Xata's Whisper would be best for your Ash. The upcoming reworked Eclipse is inferior to both, unless DE brings the damage multiplier back up from the pitiful 30% they've stated they're nerfing it to.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

Roar is unquestionably better because, unlike Xata's Whisper, it affects status damage such as bleed, and it does it even twice. 

I'm not sure about those specific cases, though. 

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 1

yep, Roar is definitely the best choice for Atlas, though - you really should use Wrathful Advance instead anyways. it's orders of magnitude better than anything else that Atlas could use.

and for Ash, Xata's Whisper is pretty well rounded since it helps against Overguard, however... Roar is better if you'll be applying atleast a modest frequency of DoT, doubly since Ash has perks for Slash Status already. i may assume you already are since Ash is niche focused into Slash Status, but if you're using Ash for other traits and won't be focusing on DoT, then Xata's Whisper will help against the Overguard.

• Like 1

No one knows your playstyle better than yourself. And so anyone here that tries to give an answer based on numbers alone and only in regards to how the abilities interact with weapons or warframes have missed the mark. Roar is good because it acts like a faction mod, xata's whisper is good if your doing a mix between melee and guns so that you can take advantage of void status secondary ability of pulling in projectiles. Eclipse is not going to be bad after the re-balance, and could offer you a mix between damage and survivability. And while, yes, eclips will do significantly less for damage than it has been. It will at least be consistent. If you also are running with groups at all then out of them all roar is the only one of those that gives your allies or companions extra damage as well.

So think it through, do some testing and/or some paper builds on Overframe.gg and make your decision on it from that. Cause as I said, you know your own playstyle better than anyone here. Make a decision based on what works for you.