Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Onos Adjustments

The Onos need some tweaks, first of all the weapon is way too close to the aim curson, making it difficult to see where you are actually aiming

Fire rate and charge rate are VERY slow, even with mods and buffs such as from the incarnon tree it still feels awful to use

Range of the incarnon mode while charging needs some extra range, 12 meters is just not enough for a railgun like weapon, especially since it doesn't do much damage and it's more for preparing the charged shot which is very powerful and does great damage

• Like 8

The Onos need some tweaks, first of all the weapon is way too close to the aim curson, making it difficult to see where you are actually aiming

Fire rate and charge rate are VERY slow, even with mods and buffs such as from the incarnon tree it still feels awful to use

Range of the incarnon mode while charging needs some extra range, 12 meters is just not enough for a railgun like weapon, especially since it doesn't do much damage and it's more for preparing the charged shot which is very powerful and does great damage

3 hours ago, Bilbo97Baggins said:

waaaayyyy to slow! i was almost excited for this weapon but the minuscule clip with the ice age long reload and glacier slow fire rate are murder. i'll wait and hope for a change before i consider pulling this snail back out.

also the energy capsule on the back doesn't change colors when customizing appearance.

• Like 4

Guys, please actually finish building your weapon before complaining it's underpowered. Please. I'm begging you.

I just finished formaing it and the railgun oneshots everything up to level 200 Steel Path so far (between the charge-up damage ticks and the actual shot). Corrupted heavy gunners? All gone instantly. Plus the gun itself is a nice little handcannon that is literally pinpoint accurate, has great ammo economy, and has excellent stats if you actually look at the competition.

Epitaph? Much stronger on the charge, but it's also a charged shot, so you can't really compare a handcannon to a crossbow. Same with Ballistica Prime.

Knell Prime? Obviously shreds things much faster, but if you miss the proc shot, you're just screwed. This one is point and hold left click.

Laetum? Worse as a precision weapon. Better as a status-explosive-SMG, but it lacks burst damage for hard targets.

Lex Prime (at base, as an actual gun, even with Incarnon)? You can't be serious.

Tenet Spirex? Lower accuracy, tiny 8 mag for 2.4 reload time (that needs the perk on it to be competitive), 25% higher fire rate and only slightly lower damage... but this thing has 2.5x the magazine and basically zero recoil.

Tombfinger? Maybe better if you optimize its build, but that doesn't have the bullS#&$ good incarnon form. Also not recoilless, also slower projectile, also diluted damage types.

Zylok Prime? Okay, this one actually has better stats on paper, but is less ammo efficient and super status-focused. Plus its incarnon isn't as good.

Overall, the base gun with or without incarnon fire rate is easily a top three precision secondary. Its base mag:reload is actually nearly top of the line. Its fire rate to damage is a bit low without incarnon fire rate, but not counting charge weapons, it has one of the highest base damage values, top tier crit stats, and almost the best ease of use among precision weapons. Plus you get the incarnon mode, which is basically just a Mega Man charge buster that kills everything in front of you almost guaranteed.

Also, if you proc your galvanized multishot to stack it faster, skullbuster makes headshots hit like a full auto charged epitaph. That can get native punchthrough. I'm seeing 100k headshots on full armored Steel Path Corrupted Heavy Gunners level 200...

On 2024-03-27 at 3:47 PM, Bilbo97Baggins said:

+1 on this.
Hard to make head shots when you can't see anything.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Guys, please actually finish building your weapon before complaining it's underpowered. Please. I'm begging you.

I just finished formaing it and the railgun oneshots everything up to level 200 Steel Path so far (between the charge-up damage ticks and the actual shot).

My dude, absolutely nobody is impressed by that.

• Like 3

I don't think the weapon is underpowered , building for fire rate and beam length is required though.

The rest of the issues highlighted by OP I agree with , especially the crosshair blocking (in both forms)

I never said the weapon is weak or underpowered

it just feels bad to use, requires a lot of investment into fire rate to actually feel good

more ammo for the incarnon would also be good since if you are not grouping enemies, you can barely shoot a few times before needing to charge it again, its much worse when compared to other incarnon option where you can have a much higher incarnon mode uptime