Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

35.5.3 changes to Dante

4 minutes ago, DanteTheHawk said:

I just can't get over how they killed my boy. Like I was really excited for Dante and they murdered him. These tragedy nerfs are excruciating. This puts him into the Caliban zone. 

He’s nowhere close to being as worthless as Caliban.

• Like 2

Dante was obliterated out of sheer stupidity displayed by developers that don’t know when to leave well enough alone.  It always astounds me they want the community angry for no reason.  They intentionally tell people just a tweak here and there and it usually ends if breaking things or making them worse which is exactly what has happened.  People invest time and funds in something that will become trash. Have the decency to refund the funds and formas paid with Dante. You have made this anniversary the worst by making fun of your players with this nerf.   Dante has been caliban'd. Chroma'd. Oberon'd into the gutter.

• Like 2

Welp, I guess its back to playing 10-year-old frames (Saryn/Octavia) who are not restricted by LOS after DE's "slight tweak" to Dante. I would also like my forma and bile back 🤡

RIP our owl boi. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed that enemies I hit with dark verse, and follow up with Tragedy flat out don’t get hit despite me not moving in the slightest.

It's hard LOS. It's not consistent with the LOS that Dark Verse has. If you want to do damage like Tragedy used to, play Khora with a statstick.

• Like 1

Overkill nerfs that killed the frame instead of the SLIGHT TWEAKS to reach this amazing "BALANCE" the trend DE takes on every good frame in the game Dante was so good and didnt need these hard nerfs he was legit the best frame they released in many years and its sad to see this im seriously thinking about quitting for good now it aint worth the time nor the money anyone would pay if they keep doing this to every good frame in the game.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

He’s nowhere close to being as worthless as Caliban.

Sadly I have to agree with this post. Dante is is currently in terrible place, but Caliban's kit is even more miserable.

• Like 3

Just now, BelialUr said:

It's hard LOS. It's not consistent with the LOS that Dark Verse has. If you want to do damage like Tragedy used to, play Khora with a statstick.

Or we tell DE to get their act together and don’t put inconsistent LoS types on a single frame for no reason.

• Like 3

You made a really fun Warframe on release that was very unique and actually had variety, and made me have very fun playing.

Now you nerfed him to the ground, and all my interest in playing him is gone.

There are WAY stronger Warframes than Dante, if you are gonna nerf Dante, at least be consistent and add a line of sight check for Saryn, Octavia, and remove mesmer shield from Revenant, since this qualifies as "making the game too easy". 

Why does Dante get nerfed, but not the older OP frames? It just makes so sense.

Dante was really fun and unique, please let us have fun with Dante and not have to play the same warframes over and over again.

Revert the changes, or at least the Line of sight check please!

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Terragis said:

This really needs to be spread around more, we need to fix the core issue with LOS just like we did with sticky corners.

Here's the only evidence needed via a short clip from Brozime showing it off:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidSteamySandpiperTF2John-qWt9OPuHGyqJlP6o

You do realize it took them 11 years to fix the sticky corners, right? Those have been an issue since the start of the game. And LOS has ALWAYS been an issue in WF. I highly doubt it they will fix it. It's a game engine issue.

• Like 3

Because this completely disconnected response to dante and all the nothing but nerfs that came with this "hotfix" are exactly how you repeat 2020.

Quit merging different threads you scumbags.

Edited by JimothyStevens
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ToastyGrimlock98 said:

Or we tell DE to get their act together and don’t put inconsistent LoS types on a single frame for no reason.

Yeah. Good luck. I don't think they've ever removed LOS from a frame. Sad. Another frame that's gonna get forgotten so everyone can go back to Mesa or Saryn. 

Maybe they'll do some changes when they release his prime or an augment. 

Since you’ve now ruined Dante the Warframe who was the most fun to play in a LONG time with these asinine nerfs you can at least refund the forma of everyone who used. Them on him, u can't give people back their time or money that you obviously accounted for cause you knew people would spend money to buy him outright or to buy forma to build him good so that's the least you can do imho. 

• Like 1

First time poster. Like everyone else, I too really don't like the changes to Tragedy. If that wasn't touched, I could live with it (though I will miss the huge Overguard chunks, lol), but now Tragedy has become a very clunky ability. I noticed before his nerf, Tragedy did have the habit of just completely unaffecting some enemies. I'll cast it with a bunch of enemies around and most of them would die except for a few. I thought it was odd, but with Dante's huge energy pool, nothing a recast couldn't fix.

But now with the LoS change, it's a terrible nuke power. I find I dislike casting it now. I'm not an end-game player, so I still have to work a bit harder for energy than those with access to Arcanes and Archon Shards, and the like, so I find it's significantly less desirable to cast. It's more a somewhat unreliable "get off me" button than it is a nuke now. 

I saw the pack for him and all the hype. I love his theme, his design. The fact that his exalted weapon is a book! (Also would've accepted a staff, lol) I never knew I wanted a wizard Warframe until his release, so I bought the pack for him and his armor and a couple of other things. But now? Lesson learned. I don't regret the purchase, but I don't have much interest in doing it again for any new interesting frames if they're just going to end up nerfing them hard. 

Please revert this change. He was so much fun to play. I expected a slight damage nerf or something to encourage more ability strength for Tragedy when I saw talks of a nerf. I saw a short from Triburos where he decimated level 160 enemies with Tragedy at only 163 ability strength. That seemed a little silly to me (but there was no way I was going to complain, lmao), but this is so much worse. 

EDIT: Apparently they're talking about improving Tragedy's performance under the LoS check. Think I'll just wait for that, see how that feels. 

Edited by (PSN)SilentAegis
  • Like 1

I wish people would stop using octavia as an example. She has LoS, but the difference is that she has duration. So enemies not being hit can get hit after.  Tragedy is instant--with a two cast set up even! Reult is trash.

1 hour ago, TheBlackAce21 said:

LoS nerf was a good call. People complaining don't understand the synergy potentials with Saryn and other DoT applications for higher level damage scaling. Ya'll just mad because he isn't brain dead any more. Stay mad, I'll enjoy playing Dante a hell of a lot more now that he isn't a 3 button mashing combo bot with infinite defense.

PLEASE don't change this DE. Ignore the butt hurt comments of people who had and lost. If Dante was released like this, no one would even have complained.

This is the dumbest take I've seen. Oh no! Synergy between teammates! THE HORROR!

• Like 4

I don't see what the fuss with the 'changes' were. I mean, how many units/kits have we had now that got a look over after launch? Of course the new toy would get 'rebalanced' and would lose its fresh flavor after a week maybe two.

It's as if people don't recognize patterns or something.

he is now in davey jones locker never to be used again, these changes were OVERKILL and truthfully unnecessary, i encourage to not ignore but analyze the game play with dante as it took a lot to put into him and have him steel path endurance ready, JUST because sooo many babies are crying about him in the NON STEEL PATH players and probably half of them havnt farmed him or can afford to buy him or dont have the forma or mods to properly build him, DANTE WAS NOT OVERPOWERED and was WELL BALANCED as a support frame with ability to nuke a small area to manage reviving teammates and quickly getting them overgaurded and back into a fight and now that you released Deep Archimedea WHICH IS PURE END GAME content and now DANTE who was bread for this is now useless. please re-anaylize your changes and hear out the players who run him in the END game which is the TRUE HEART AND JOY of Warframe. the only reason everyone complained is because he is new and is everywhere right now. not worth this NERF 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Oh, boy, 11 pages merged and probably still coming.

This is seriously the original message that DE and moderators want to have their megathread started with???? JOFC.

Would have really liked a more substantial message to start it off and more clearly indicate that this is intended to be a megathread than someone's cries that is in no way proper feedback.

• Like 1

To be fair, he was a direct upgrade to Equinox no matter how you see it aside from the sleep button lol.

I'm rather happy because if the developers do notice that line of sight feels extremely awkward, they might just notice Ember is a frame amidst Gauss, a better current Ember, and Gyre, a better pre-reworked Ember.

• Like 1

I know everyone's complaining about overguard nerf and Tragedy LoS right now but seriously. They matter for base starchart at most. Pageflight was Dante's strongest ability and pretty much single handedly carries his kit when it comes to late game. It's the reason why he could be considered an actual DPS frame, not just the Dark Verse into Tragedy combo. I know it's ridiculously strong, but Khora was released 6 years ago and Saryn almost 11. Is another real DPS frame too much to ask for? Just bring back Pageflight and Dante will be relevant again

Edited by legendaryrobot64
  • Like 1

C'mon, call it what it is... Overguard gen just got annihilated. 

18 casts to reach my cap now. I yield to 2 casts being too little... 18! are you crazy!?

2,2,4 - 2,2,4 - 2,2,4 - 2,2,4 - 2,2,4 - 2,2,4 
(That's the cast string in black and white.)

That. That right there costs me 465 energy in "Light Verse" casts and another 465 energy in "Triumph". I have 769 energy and all of this is without accounting for any other casts.

It also adds up to about 19.5 seconds of continuous cast time with 2 Tauforged cast shards. it used to be around 5 seconds.

So. That's a 50% nerf on effectiveness but in actuality it's put the cost of everything to do with overguard up on my build by nearly 300%

I don't consider that a tweak.

[edit for bad spelling]**

Edited by 2wentyThre3
  • Like 1