Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

The difficulty of Deep Archimedea is too easy

@Alpha_TangoThanks for sharing.  After you posted that, it looked semi hard with the modifiers.  Normally I would have just taken operator anyway, but you made me want to go for it.  I failed it once with voidrig gunning me down in the first mission in like 2 seconds.  I'm not sure if I lost warding halo or what.  I had to watch it more closely in the next run. 

The other two missions weren't bad though.  I had good choices with wisp and revenant too, and a bo incarnon.  I wasn't able to kill the hands that guard the eyes haha in assassination though with my scourge or quatz, probably because I wasn't building stacks(or modded poorly for that) but still funny.

Like anything else in WF it's ultimately a build/manifest check and a knowledge check. To have actual difficulty they'd have to restrict player mobility and re-design every enemy to engage the player properly instead of being sacks of HP with weapons. All they can really do is stack modifiers that make you think about your approach, or take turns carrying with friends. Solo'ing with the screenshotted kit is very believable for someone who builds out weapons/frames and knows how to use them. I can understand the disappointment in this as "endgame" but it's just not a difficult game.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-22 at 12:00 AM, Lord_Drod said:

@Alpha_TangoThanks for sharing.  After you posted that, it looked semi hard with the modifiers.  Normally I would have just taken operator anyway, but you made me want to go for it.  I failed it once with voidrig gunning me down in the first mission in like 2 seconds.  I'm not sure if I lost warding halo or what.  I had to watch it more closely in the next run. 

The other two missions weren't bad though.  I had good choices with wisp and revenant too, and a bo incarnon.  I wasn't able to kill the hands that guard the eyes haha in assassination though with my scourge or quatz, probably because I wasn't building stacks(or modded poorly for that) but still funny.

This surprised me, players are dead set on overcoming Mirror Defense and Assassination. I wasn't expecting survival mode to be the litmus test for this particular week.  

The Survival parts deviation and risk variables combo of Necramechs, enemies regenerating while the immortal liminus hunts you down created an urgency to quickly dispose of those mechs.  

Of all the personal modifiers though, the loss of the operator is one thing I hate since I practically move, lockdown and pump my WF some HP with Magus Elevate during hairy situations. That is a gutsy mod DE thought of when they know most players will have separation anxiety sans our operator.

Might be out of topic, but gratz on DE on making the whole triple mission somewhat stable even with all the visual garbage we experience especially during assassination. If my game gets cut off in any of the stages because the game can't handle it, I'll be furious tbh, but so far everything is excellent.

• Like 2

On 2024-04-05 at 11:21 AM, KiteForest_2035 said:

I hope they can add global objectives that are restricted to solo play

You can do DA solo if you'd like.

I grew bored of solo play a long time ago -- having tenno (even newbies) in coop makes the game much more fun for me. I'd rather fail a Spy sortie and retry, teaching them the vaults the second time around, than split the playerbase into "those that can solo it" and "those that can't complete it at all".

• Like 3

Oh, that's what voltage was talking about.  I do wish they'd add global objectives for solo too.  That would be cool.  I don't see that happening though.

Due to the nature of the game mode, it is harder to carry in groups though and there's a higher chance of people running with suboptimal things.

That's the biggest drawback for this mode as far as coop play goes.  The mechs will be that much tankier in squads and if you're only able to hold your own and not carry, then solo is more attractive.

It's not a straight up "collaboration is needed" as intended by DE.  The RNG system also affects your experience in group play, their individual RNG and your random pulls for teammates.  I feel like just my RNG is enough and no I'd never use recruit for a mission like this.

I'm not against carrying or getting carried, but the former can be an added challenge on top and while the latter could mask any individual issues you might be encountering.

• Like 1

This week the TLDR of my only run is three Dante (including me) and a Legerdemain build Mirage.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Warframe-Screenshot-2024-04-29-04-58-57-

The CC is just too strong in my pug today. I also got a Corr/Rad/Cold/Impact Phantasma Prime to use (my Noctua was just not cutting it) to help get over the Powerless 50-kill requirement. About Disruption, I find Unified Purpose both annoying and an awesome twist to what we are used to. We failed a total of four conduits before we finally split up to protect our conduit and kill the demo at the same time to finish the last one. The whole run got me killed twice or thrice, but thanks to my Dethcube Prime with a Sacrifice mod (default first mod on all my sentinels), it revived me freeing my team from the need to keep me alive. Our Operator is functional too so, compared to the past two weeks of E/DA, this one is relatively easy.

Good Luck Tenno!

On the 5th week now, Double Demolishers on Disruption is back but Survival came with a twist, needing 20 kills to satisfy Parasitic Towers before it activates. 

Spoiler

Warframe-Screenshot-2024-05-05-18-10-27-06

The pug I was with was pretty much solid with Gyre, Mesa and a Dante player.

I almost picked Oberon, which I like, to do some healing, irradiating and armour stripping but saw my Invigoration options listing Nyx (+200% Primary Critical Chance/ +2 Energy Rate) too so I grabbed her (with the Pacifying Bolts Augment) instead and subsumed yet another Dispensary.

Disruption was pretty much straightforward, hitting demos with Psychic Bolts, locking them down with my Operator and gunning them with the group using either my Acceltra P or Kuva Brakk.

Survival involved some waiting game to let mobs near the towers, throwing Nyx in the middle to cause mass hysteria with Chaos to collect 20 kills and activate it. 

In Assassination, I hoped, I somehow helped with the Dispensary while casting mind control, Bolts and Chaos because, even with red crits, I ended up doing the least damage on the boss. Gear Embargo was on so no dice on casting anything to help with some damage.

Thanks to my random group, this only needed a single run.  Good Luck Tenno!

Edited by Alpha_Tango
some additions

Solo survival is pretty much bs, there are barely any enemies spawning. And then if you manage to fill 1 tower and you move to the next tower they do not spawn at the new location but instead the ones from earlier crawl at a snails pace to the new location. I literally stood at the tower for 2 minutes without a single mob appearing and failed the mission. Great job, make a condition requiring killing enemies then just not spawn enemies. Perfect. 

4 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Solo survival is pretty much bs, there are barely any enemies spawning. And then if you manage to fill 1 tower and you move to the next tower they do not spawn at the new location but instead the ones from earlier crawl at a snails pace to the new location. I literally stood at the tower for 2 minutes without a single mob appearing and failed the mission. Great job, make a condition requiring killing enemies then just not spawn enemies. Perfect. 

Actuslly, the towers are failsafe measures,. It''s  the spawning Necramechs that reduces your timer for 45 secs for each kill that really helps a lot. It was easier doing with randoms.

11 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

Actuslly, the towers are failsafe measures,. It''s  the spawning Necramechs that reduces your timer for 45 secs for each kill that really helps a lot. It was easier doing with randoms.

The timer reduction can't outrun the life support drain. I'm not sure if the drops from enemies can be sustain enough with 4 player spawns. Solo it was not possible. I also just did a pub run, Wisp was using electric mote and Nova casting slow making sure no enemies get in range. 

3 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

The timer reduction can't outrun the life support drain. I'm not sure if the drops from enemies can be sustain enough with 4 player spawns. Solo it was not possible. I also just did a pub run, Wisp was using electric mote and Nova casting slow making sure no enemies get in range.

It's a mix of both towers and drops, but the mission timer dramatically gets reduced for us because we killed mechs like our lives depended on it. It was not perfect though because we were dancing between 50-60% life drain most of the time until we managed to pull through.

16 minutes ago, Alpha_Tango said:

It's a mix of both towers and drops, but the mission timer dramatically gets reduced for us because we killed mechs like our lives depended on it. It was not perfect though because we were dancing between 50-60% life drain most of the time until we managed to pull through.

There's a limit to how often you can activate the mechs, i don't know if it's a timer or some threshold based thing. We did 4 mechs and spawned them as soon as it was available each time. Nautilus with cordon was mvp for towers

11 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

There's a limit to how often you can activate the mechs, i don't know if it's a timer or some threshold based thing. We did 4 mechs and spawned them as soon as it was available each time. Nautilus with cordon was mvp for towers

Thanks for sharing Nautilius, I must try this.

I agree on it being to easy and still we gonna revive someone 40 times in a run, The Elite need a huge lift in requirement to be able to run it. I know all about it is the risk for playing public but should it really need to be in an Eilte mission with good rewards, should we really need to worry about greifers in that.

Edited by scout104