Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Reduce Forma crafting time.

3h will be overkill for forma, due to how easy to get the necessary materials.
On the other hand, it’s fine for Reactor and Catalyst, as the blueprint is the true limit.

8 hours ago, ExcaliburSpecter said:

alongside adding Forma to nightwave cred offerings because we have Orokin reactors and Orokin catalysts there so why not forma.

Definitely agree with this.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, (XBOX)Cotton Tail said:

Agreed. An additional reason is that the 23 hour turnaround incentivises players to login every day if they're keen for their formas. Building multiples at once would reduce this incentive.

Not really, considering the companion app already exists.

Err, I have some issues with it.

1. Making entirely non premium (credit to rush) makes premium forma lose its value completely (while “reducing crafting time” just make it cheaper). Just don’t want hard to get things like Umbra Forma become new standard.
  2. “Forma only” rush resource means a new feature, and I’m afraid other things will be messed up (e.g. Broken foundry).

Getting forma BPs is already hard enough. It seems easy on the surface compared to orokin catalysts/reactors, but those are 1 per weapon/warframe. Forma? 3-4 each, sometimes even as much as +6 especially if it's something with an exalted weapon. Just finished my voidrig... 8 (6 on the mech & 2 on the exalted) and I'm literally at 80/80 mod capacity.

Edited by Eternal_Phenix_Prime

3 hours ago, Eternal_Phenix_Prime said:

Not really, considering the companion app already exists.

It's still a login.

3 hours ago, Eternal_Phenix_Prime said:

Getting forma BPs is already hard enough. It seems easy on the surface compared to orokin catalysts/reactors, but those are 1 per weapon/warframe. Forma? 3-4 each, sometimes even as much as +6 especially if it's something with an exalted weapon. Just finished my voidrig... 8 (6 on the mech & 2 on the exalted) and I'm literally at 80/80 mod capacity.

Sorry ?

--

OT: It's an eternal complaint - they've reduced the crafting time from 24 to 23h to be more convenient for players but it's unlikely they change it further. It's not that painful to be honest, unless you insist on crafting formas only when you want to use them ? Which is a you problem. Formas are aimed at being crafted continuously, they're the "don't forget to login every day" kind of thing. And when you reach a certain point, you'll have stockpiled more than enough to forma everything twice if you want to.

If the problem is you being impatient, nothing prevents you from running relics, sell prime stuff and buy the formas / complete the crafts.

Keep in mind Warframe is F2P and Formas are also their best-selling stuff.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

nothing prevents you from running relics, sell prime stuff and buy the formas / complete the crafts.

perfect strategy and one that players seem to overlook too often.

Prime parts were obtained for free the plat you earn via sales in trade are again basically for free. There is this idea that you paid plat for 3 x forma forgetting that the plat was actually free in the first place so there is no real cost, One basically exchanges free reward items for plat then exchanges the plat for Forma if needed.

On 2024-04-07 at 8:29 AM, KomaBlader said:

It continues to be no surprise that Forma is a key part of Warframe's build crafting. However, despite Forma being a key aspect of the build crafting, it takes a total 24 hours to make a single Forma.

Keep in mind most Frames use 3 or 4 Forma which is 96 hours alone for 4 Forma. Let's also look at Sevagoth, as he's a frame that not only has Exalted Claws, but also a completely different frame (his Shadow) that requires yet more Forma into him. I have nearly 17 Forma in Sevagoth because I enjoy playing him but seeing as I waited 408 total hours for Forma to build craft my Sevagoth from bottom to top is borderline ridiculous.

I'd like the requirement of time to be reduced from 24 to 12 hours (I'd say 6 hours, but that'd be a stretch of a change) to help remove the large wait between Forma and ease of build crafting.

There is a reason for the gating. Along with rep grinds etc. If they give you the option to craft forma that quickly you would be burning through content. I played since launch over 4k hours across console and PC at this point and while I agree it is frustrating that would create a situation of having to either refund a metric ton of materials to vets who endured a similar pain or providing some other compensation. 

Don't get me wrong I absolutely get the frustration particularly when looking at Kuva and Tenet weapons for example but a better option would be to make Frames with exhalts use a system that could either count formas applied to the base frame (with an option to pick a differnt polarity) towards the exhalt/extra summons directly or make the exhalts and Shadow in this example not require mods at all. Either option would take a significant rework but it would be more likely then a rework of a core system that has till this point remained unchanged.

Another option would be to create a system akin to adapters for exhalted weapons and Sevagots Shadow/Khora Venari that would be quicker to craft rather than try and overhaul such a deeply tied system?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Sorry ?

I did explain it already. Forma BPs are hard to get compared to potatoes simply due to how many you need. With that said

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

OT: It's an eternal complaint - they've reduced the crafting time from 24 to 23h to be more convenient for players but it's unlikely they change it further. It's not that painful to be honest, unless you insist on crafting formas only when you want to use them ? Which is a you problem. Formas are aimed at being crafted continuously, they're the "don't forget to login every day" kind of thing. And when you reach a certain point, you'll have stockpiled more than enough to forma everything twice if you want to.

If the problem is you being impatient, nothing prevents you from running relics, sell prime stuff and buy the formas / complete the crafts.

Keep in mind Warframe is F2P and Formas are also their best-selling stuff.

I'm LR1 and I'm out of forma BPs & forma. Too much gear that needs forma, between grinding things back up precisely to forma & hunting down remaining mastery items and arcanes. Besides relics are worthless to me since I already own every non founder prime warframe and weapon. It's forma or sell rare drops for plat if I see one.

The problem is aggravated by deep archemidia. You need a specific weapon & you need it to be modded for high level content. Between crafting the weapon, forma-ing the weapon, etc... There goes your week.

Crafting forma is always going to be a growing problem. The more content they add to the game that needs it, the more the community will need forma. Yet the 23h crafting time is a soft limit to how fast forma can be acquired & hasn't been adjusted to meet the ever growing supply needs.

Also going from 24h to 23h isn't much of an improvement. This just means that forma will be done 1h earlier than the time when you started it the day before. Assuming you're claiming forma as soon as possible & starting another, Every day your forma will be ready to claim 1 hour earlier. People need to sleep, and eventually as it keeps getting earlier and earlier, it's going to be ready before you wake up in the morning. At which point you're starting a fresh forma every morning at the same time when you first wake up. Meaning you're effectively back to 24h crafting time.

Going down to 22h won't help with this, nor will 20h. You'll need to drop the crafting time down to at most 16Hours, to account for 8 hours of sleep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eternal_Phenix_Prime said:

I did explain it already. Forma BPs are hard to get compared to potatoes simply due to how many you need. With that said

Still doesn't make sense. Potatoes are once-in-a-blue-moon Alerts, Invasions or Sortie/Archon Hunt reward. Formas are like for every relic cracked in less than 2 minutes.

So for it to be "hard" to get relatively to Potatoes, it means you need one million times more formas than potatoes ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Still doesn't make sense. Potatoes are once-in-a-blue-moon Alerts, Invasions or Sortie/Archon Hunt reward. Formas are like for every relic cracked in less than 2 minutes.

So for it to be "hard" to get relatively to Potatoes, it means you need one million times more formas than potatoes ?

Duviri merchant & nightwave. Also random sortie reward. They are relatively easy to get for the amount of them you need.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-14 at 11:10 PM, (MOB)drakefrost said:

Or farmable booster perhaps (e.g. Reducing crafting time by 1h), but for generic items, as the reason above.

VERY cool idea. I'd make it like "double crafting speed" for X hrs tho to work consistently with the other types.