Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ultimate Dante Build (It's so Good I forgot to add a range mod) (DE will nerf Tragedy to scale with Player's tears)

I feel like after I post this, some dev is going to see it and say "yeah see? he's still strong, no need to revert the changes, in fact let's nerf him even more"

but I gotta post this...I did give you a good Dante build before, but this is a really strong one...there are so many aspects in this build that Dante's tragedy scales off of that kills any enemy that can take more than 4 heat procs.

let's start with Shards:

Spoiler

bCRzwii.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: these aren't the same build stats, this is an old one, but the shards are the exact same, and they're the same in my Ultimate Lavos build, 60% duration from tau shards plus one for casting speed.

Dante build: 

Spoiler

ryzFaNK.jpeg

Notes: 

• Archon vitality: Because we're dealing primarily heat damage with noctua, it doubles the damage this amazing weapon deals and makes heat procs scale exponentially.
  • Precision intensify: Obvious choice, it buffs every final verse stat, and increases the damage of Tragedy and status debuff of pageflight.
  • Energy nexus: You can't really play Dante without some sort of energy regeneration, and I will NOT use nourish under ANY circumstances!

I forgot to add range! I should've added stretch in there, but I was so tired I forgot to put it...but you can use Zenurik, and replace Energy nexus with Stretch.

Noctua build: 

Spoiler

e7UhHoZ.jpeg

My notes: 

• Galvanized shot: Probably unnecessary added damage, but I have it for the status chance.
  • Perpetual agony: Betcha you didn't see that coming! or you did...well any expedite suffering user knows that adding status duration mods actually increases the damage expedite deals, since it accumulates all procs dealt with each proc per second in one blow...tragedy is no stranger to this...and with Archon Vitality's amplified heat procs, this gives it massive damage!

so that's it, it turns out, I don't really need tome mods...I have enough strength, my ability duration is long enough...efficiency is decent, energy regen is there and all the miscellaneous perks of of other tome mods are unnecessary.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Archon vitality: Because we're dealing primarily heat damage with noctua, it doubles the damage this amazing weapon deals and makes heat procs scale exponentially.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Archon Vitality simply make another heat proc, in effect doubling the amount of heat damage being added to the heat proc stack per application?  Unless I'm missing something that wouldn't be exponential, it would still be linear, just with twice the slope meaning the damage would accumulate at a faster rate.

8 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Perpetual agony: Betcha you didn't see that coming! or you did...well any expedite suffering user knows that adding status duration mods actually increases the damage expedite deals, since it accumulates all procs dealt with each proc per second in one blow...tragedy is no stranger to this...and with Archon Vitality's amplified heat procs, this gives it massive damage!

I did not know this; clever!

14 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Energy nexus: You can't really play Dante without some sort of energy regeneration, and I will NOT use nourish under ANY circumstances!

Personally, I wouldn't make any build that has both Flow and Energy Nexus; they seem like they almost have an anti-synergy, with one regenerating energy at a steady rate, but if you're casting as much as Dante often is, then Energy Nexus isn't likely to get you near your increased cap, making Flow a questionable choice.  And if you are reaching that cap, presumably it's due to getting enough energy through other means, so then I'd ask what the point of Energy Nexus is?  Anyway, just food for thought, for whatever that's worth.  I've been using Arcane Energize with Primed Flow, since Energize procs for that massive Energy boost and then Primed Flow gives you the space to store it.

23 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Noctua build: 

My only question is whether Noctua benefits much from Hornet Strike.  If I recall some exalted weapons get their base damage boosted by the Warframe's Power Strength (Mesa comes to mind) so in some cases it can actually result in more damage output to not use base damage mods on exalteds.  And considering how high your Power Strength is, if that's the case for Noctua, you'd likely be good on base damage.

18 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

So all the whining about Dante being now useless and dead was just hype? I did not expect.

I kind of gave up.

18 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Archon Vitality simply make another heat proc, in effect doubling the amount of heat damage being added to the heat proc stack per application?  Unless I'm missing something that wouldn't be exponential, it would still be linear, just with twice the slope meaning the damage would accumulate at a faster rate.

oh yea you're right, the one that scales exponentially with this mod is thermal sunder...got them mixed up.

Personally, I wouldn't make any build that has both Flow and Energy Nexus; they seem like they almost have an anti-synergy, with one regenerating energy at a steady rate, but if you're casting as much as Dante often is, then Energy Nexus isn't likely to get you near your increased cap, making Flow a questionable choice.  And if you are reaching that cap, presumably it's due to getting enough energy through other means, so then I'd ask what the point of Energy Nexus is?  Anyway, just food for thought, for whatever that's worth.  I've been using Arcane Energize with Primed Flow, since Energize procs for that massive Energy boost and then Primed Flow gives you the space to store it.

you know what's funny and stupid? I sold my Arcane energize to get everything I need for Dante, including Dante himself lol.
but yeah, the next time I get back I'll replace energy nexus with stretch.

My only question is whether Noctua benefits much from Hornet Strike.  If I recall some exalted weapons get their base damage boosted by the Warframe's Power Strength (Mesa comes to mind) so in some cases it can actually result in more damage output to not use base damage mods on exalteds.  And considering how high your Power Strength is, if that's the case for Noctua, you'd likely be good on base damage.

wait, I thought power strength on exalted weapons are like built in eclipse, multiplicative damage increase, which scales well with base damage....that's not right? 

34 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Dante build: 

Primed Continuity+Fleeting Expertise, gives you a net worth of 60% efficiency and -5% Duratiion for the cost of 2 slots and 25 capacity as opposed to good ol Streamline 30% 9.

Also why fully ranked Preparation?

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Primed Continuity+Fleeting Expertise, gives you a net worth of 60% efficiency and -5% Duratiion for the cost of 2 slots and 25 capacity as opposed to good ol Streamline 30% 9.

Also why fully ranked Preparation?

I can't live with negative numbers or just slightly above 100%...I have to invest in the stat somehow, hence this whole mess I made with the shards.

I use prep in almost all of my builds, the time I spend at the start of the mission gathering energy could be used instead to actually use that energy...

but if you're wondering about why I have it maxed since it's pointless...I also hate incomplete mods lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

wait, I thought power strength on exalted weapons are like built in eclipse, multiplicative damage increase, which scales well with base damage....that's not right? 

Additive. 

Damage is affected by AbilityStrengthBuff Ability Strength and most secondary weapon mods.

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

Additive. 

Damage is affected by AbilityStrengthBuff Ability Strength and most secondary weapon mods.

neat! that means I have two more free mod slots!!! thanks for that

1 minute ago, Prof-Dante said:

I use prep in almost all of my builds, the time I spend at the start of the mission gathering energy could be used instead to actually use that energy...

You do not understand. I do not mind Prep. I am simply questioning the reasoning to use one Fully Ranked as every warframe starts with certain fixed amount of energy (depends on the frame) + some added for unused capacity

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Capacity#Starting_Energy

so 100% starting energy is complete waste.  Dante's starting energy is 50, with your setup it is another 40 from 8 free Capacity, adds up to 90 starting energy. 90/769=11,7% this means rank 9 Prep full still give full energy annd rank 8 would give 93,7% = 720.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

but if you're wondering about why I have it maxed since it's pointless...I also hate incomplete mods lol.

@Zakkhar Yeah I figured that was your question.

it's the same reason why I forma every mod slot, I don't like something that looks incomplete, completely normal btw...I'm just like that lol.

Edited by Prof-Dante

4 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Yeah I figured that was your question.

3 AM. My reading comprehension goes down.

BTW: You plan to put any Tome Mods on that Noctua? 

I do not think Creeping Bullseye is synergistic to the rest. Less fire rate, less shots, less heat procs, much less damage. With Primary weapon it is sometimes worthy tradeoff (as only alternative has 150% cc) but with Secondaries it is 13% difference from PPgambit.

Edited by Zakkhar

Here is my current build

AVrLLrJ.png

Using it with 2x red tau for duration, 2x yellow tau for casting speed and 1x yellow tau for extra effectiveness on energy orb(kinda wanna swap this one for a red tau for strength but it makes me feels safe)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Here is my current build

Looks similar to mine, I just prefer Umbra Intensify over Precision Intensify. 44% for all 4 Abilities vs 90% for just one.

19 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Here is my current build

AVrLLrJ.png

Using it with 2x red tau for duration, 2x yellow tau for casting speed and 1x yellow tau for extra effectiveness on energy orb(kinda wanna swap this one for a red tau for strength but it makes me feels safe)

Can you handle that eff without energize?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

BTW: You plan to put any Tome Mods on that Noctua? 

Now with much room on Noctua's build thanks to your tip I can finally use multiple tome mods + extra status chance.

Also I'll try to use this set up without efficiency, it's going to be terrible I know...I can't play this game with negative efficiency, even lavos has it

Edited by Prof-Dante

13 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Looks similar to mine, I just prefer Umbra Intensify over Precision Intensify. 44% for all 4 Abilities vs 90% for just one.

VERY valid, i just like the big overguard numbers i get with this

2 minutes ago, Prof-Dante said:

Can you handle that eff without energize?

100%, it's a little bit hard at the start of the mission for like the first minute but then the tau shard, equilibrium, nourish, energize all do their job

i still run out of energy sometimes with all of these energy sustain methods but it gets to 100% in 1 second

4 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Different strokes for different folks and all that. 

For myself, the way I play, often the game has different levels of tempo. Not just that, bit different missions can have different tempos as well. For example one of the more common Netracell key modifiers involves an energy drain when surrounded by a certain amount of enemies. I also don't need to kill enemies when I am doing the searching part of the mission, so my energy will slowly uptick. I can still cast some abilities whilst moving, and if I happen to kill an enemy and get an Energy Orb, thats pretty nice too, but since I am not really prioritising killing enemies and they are more spread out, I don't need them to drop energy orbs. 

Then in the red circle part of the Netracell mission, the tempo is quite different. Now if surrounded by enemies, my energy economy dynamics change. I'll already have a large bank of stored energy via Flow, and the drain itself can be offset a little by Nexus, so I can spam quite a bit, and can also get/see more energy orbs around. 

That way I also free up an Arcane slot, since I like variety, and I personally relied on Energise for years. It feels kind of nice when I can have builds that don't need it. Then, for me, a lot of my builds, if I don't have energy, and being solo, and having said Eximus modifier, which can make reviving via Last Gasp trickier, death is really really bad, so having two different types of energy economy tool, is really helpful, even if it means temporarily one may be redundant, at some points (Nexus is also often like a light version of Preparation, because by the time I pick all 4 Keys, and hack the terminal, I already have more than enough energy for more than a few casts for my support abilities). 

On 2024-04-09 at 7:13 PM, Prof-Dante said:

Archon vitality: Because we're dealing primarily heat damage with noctua, it doubles the damage this amazing weapon deals and makes heat procs scale exponentially.

Perpetual agony: Betcha you didn't see that coming! or you did...well any expedite suffering user knows that adding status duration mods actually increases the damage expedite deals, since it accumulates all procs dealt with each proc per second in one blow...tragedy is no stranger to this...and with Archon Vitality's amplified heat procs, this gives it massive damage!

could use archon continuty instead with a toxic nocturna an would become toxic + corrosive making this a more lethal combo
tho you do seem to be more aligned to dealing your heat procs so as you were gonna be removing 2 mods go corrosive with heat to make it so you strip armor since the 2 elements have a working relationship. 

DISCLAIMER: these aren't the same build stats, this is an old one, but the shards are the exact same, and they're the same in my Ultimate Lavos build, 60% duration from tau shards plus one for casting speed.

not everyone will remember a frames default stats so just showing picture an mentioning its same as another build you have done doesnt actually show what you used each shard as what stat.

the molt effency vs molt augmented i would go with molt augmented since it grants you more power the longer an more kills you get

Edited by ShavoPrime
mentioned wrong archon mod

Critique/advice:

• On Dante, swap out Precision Intensify for Umbral Intensify.
    • This way, you get an additional boost to Noctua's base damage.
      • Current: +154% to base damage
      • With swap: +198% to base damage
  • On Noctua, swap out Hornet Strike and Scorch for Frostbite and Pistol Pestilence (move Primed Heated Charge lower in priority).
    • This grants you viral/heat, instead of just heat. Since you're getting more base damage from the previous swap above, Hornet Strike becomes even less needed. Viral's multiplier will make up the rest (and then some). It will also boost the heat proc damage, and your Expedited Suffering burst.

I make these suggestions based on the build actually utilizing Noctua as part of the core rotation. You should see a significantly noticeable increase in your output.

Also, just to clarify since your wording in the OP makes it possible that you're misunderstanding... Expedited Suffering doesn't pop heat procs. It only affects slash and toxin, of which only slash is relevant to your build.

21 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

So all the whining about Dante being now useless and dead was just hype? I did not expect.

It always is. Even the catchmoon is completely fine as a weapon for high level enemies. 

It's basic gamer personality to exaggerate everything. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

It always is. Even the catchmoon is completely fine as a weapon for high level enemies. 

Catchmoon is more than capable of killing enemies, but the pitiful <10m range definitely feels horrid to play around. It's why I don't really use mine. For context to dissuade any "you're biased" comments, I wasn't playing the game during Fortuna's content cycle, so my entire experience with Catchmoon is with it in its nerfed state. So when I say "it's really not a great weapon", that's coming from a position of never knowing what it was actually like at release.

Friend of mine says that Lex's incarnon mode is basically pre-nerf Catchmoon, though. If that's actually accurate, I can see why Catchmoon was nerfed (and I agree with it being nerfed, although I wouldn't have agreed with taking it as far as they did).

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You can get energy generation and management from other sources. Best one would probably be Dethcube with https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Generator and Mystic/Manifold Bond Combo..

Also Zenurik Exist.

You could also run Grimoire with Xata, and just put Noctua away to refresh the buff occasionally. Granted, Xata only provides the energy regen for 20 seconds, while Grimoire takes 45 seconds to recharge. However, I'm curious if Noctua's basic attacks also charge Grimoire and/or if ammo pickups still charge Grimoire while Noctua's active.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Wouldn't think Madurai would say this about me lol, guess when you change your name twice people will forget you were here since 2017 and have grown past whining...but ok.

But because I've already given up and accepted the changes, I'd like to tell you that what we were asking for went completely over your head.

Edited by Prof-Dante

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

On Dante, swap out Precision Intensify for Umbral Intensify.

• This way, you get an additional boost to Noctua's base damage.
    • Current: +154% to base damage
    • With swap: +198% to base damage

I wouldn't necessarily jump on this, the status vulnerability from Page Flight allows you to fairly consistently trigger two procs per shot. The more strength the birds have, the more consistently you're triggering both viral and heat.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:
  • On Noctua, swap out Hornet Strike and Scorch for Frostbite and Pistol Pestilence (move Primed Heated Charge lower in priority).
    • This grants you viral/heat, instead of just heat. Since you're getting more base damage from the previous swap above, Hornet Strike becomes even less needed. Viral's multiplier will make up the rest (and then some). It will also boost the heat proc damage, and your Expedited Suffering burst.

I make these suggestions based on the build actually utilizing Noctua as part of the core rotation. You should see a significantly noticeable increase in your output.

I'm stealing this, the damage increase is very much there (though I have my fears about Viral proc immune enemies).

On 2024-04-10 at 2:13 AM, Prof-Dante said:

let's start with Shards:

Reveal hidden contents

bCRzwii.jpeg

Some may call me deranged but if you want Noctua to hit a little harder, get Arcane Avenger, 1 Tau Topaz and 1 Tau Crimson shard...take the secondary crit bonuses from both. They will push the primary fire to 161% crit and the secondary fire to guaranteed orange crits (with small chance of red crits)