The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the removed radar height limit?

ZacDaMan

I'm torn (This wasn't in the patch notes btw). For box-breaking runs, it's great because I don't have to worry about missing any secret rooms that might have a cache or an ayatan, other times it just feels like it clutters the minimap with information that isn't currently useful, especially with no height indication other than an up/down arrow (not that that's a criticism in and of itself, it's a 2d map so I don't expect to know exactly how far up those 5 containers are). Maybe I'll get used to it but I'm finding there are more scenarios where the clutter is annoying than where I'm glad I can see the loot in that room above/below me. Maybe make it a settings option?

I hadn't heard of this, but I love it already.  Room over room isn't that common to be an issue in my opinion, but there are plenty of rooms where the radar couldn't pickup things all the way at the top, or bottom.  Sometimes both at the same time if it's particularly tall and you're in the middle somewhere.

• Like 4

News to me as well. I often play as Khora with double Primed Animal Instinct so I can see forever, and it's always annoyed me that the vertical distance didn't keep up. If this is changed then great!

14 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

At minimum, it needs distance based color coding. Closest items should be bright and bold, furthest items - darker and more faded.

Maybe shade them more red/blue if they're below/above you too.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

I am not too much of a fan, but only in the Entrati Labs where they've seemed to have dialed the container count to 10,000 per mission. Mostly this change is nice though. Like others, I agree that there should be better visual indicators for height.

Most likely a bug if it doesn't appear in patch notes and a confusing one at that, playing cambion drift, void, deimos derilict, uranus, i see containers everywhere but i don't know the depth/height of it, atleast with the limit, let's say 20m i would bullet jump up and if i spot a container i know is close.

It was confusing for me, for a new player would be worse. You try to destroy the container, it doesn't break must be a medallion or rare cache, nope it's 1000m underground.

• Like 1