Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drives as Operator

Steven31367

I think we should be able to ride K-Drives as Operator. Theres no reason to not make this a thing, and it would be super neat. I don't see why we need a controllable war machine to use a Hoverboard.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

You can operate Necramechs.

It's like frames but worse. It doesn't count.

2 hours ago, Steven31367 said:

I think we should be able to ride K-Drives as Operator. Theres no reason to not make this a thing, and it would be super neat. I don't see why we need a controllable war machine to use a Hoverboard.

Hmm... I wonder if we need it. Dashing is already fast. Maybe close combat would be better. But first they HAVE TO INTRODUCE PROPER ROLLS.

ps. but you would need Helminth & gene masking kit:

https://www.deviantart.com/marikbentusi/art/Warframe-Body-Surf-777959901

So this isn't a necessity but it would be fun! I think there might be issues with the models being different for operators is the only thing I think would get in the way of this being able to be done quickly, but that's speculation.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

But DE does and the Operators are too small to ride the K-Drives, leave that for Drifrers thank you

They did mention wanting to rig operators to be able to ride a horse, so k-drives shouldn't be out of the question, either. Though I don't think we should expect anything in that regard. After all, they still haven't fixed any issues with the transference suits that are 5 years old.

Posted (edited)
On 2024-04-15 at 6:29 PM, Circle_of_Psi said:

The Operators are too small to ride the K-Drives

Did you just forget that the ventkids exist

On 2024-04-15 at 3:44 PM, Zakkhar said:

You can operate Necramechs. Leave Boards and Archwings to warframes.

I understand archwings, but if the ventkids can ride K-Drives, we should also be able to

Edited by Steven31367
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-15 at 5:14 AM, Zakkhar said:

You can operate Necramechs. Leave Boards and Archwings to warframes.

Archwings I understand, but K-Drives? Literal children are riding on these things, probably avoiding gunfire from agitated Crewman, so why can't we? I want to legitimately ragdoll for miles on end as an Operator/Drifter, I want to see my health pool deplete as my Tenno contorts like a human pretzel. It may not be a priority, but it's fun for the sake of fun.

Yeah, DE actually did bring this one up. The reason that Operators (specifically) don't is because of the rigging skeletons being wrong. But also because Operators take fall damage while Warframes do not.

Warframes can crash out at a hundred miles per hour and not die. Operators would immediately revert to their Warframe, which is probably back by the spawn point, and you'll have to travel that whole distance again.

Drifters might be able to operate K-drives, they have the right animation rigging. But again... they take fall damage.