The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #179

[DE]Megan

I’m just gonna say it. It’s your fault. Almost nothing is final in a live service game. Your purchases with $ are your choice. You also purchased a frame that with EXTREMELY bad luck it would take 2 hours to farm. It’s not like it’s citrine which takes a long time to get. You chose to buy something that is easy to get just for cosmetics. Your money your choice. He’s STILL probably the strongest frame with a base kit. 

On 2024-04-16 at 2:09 PM, Phoenix0327 said:

Many of us players bought the Dante packs just to see the frame change repeatedly?! IT seems to me we should be refunded or given platinum to make up for this as it is kind of a rip off for those who bought him for what they saw he could do prior to changes. 

• Like 1

On 2024-04-16 at 7:21 PM, Vesterbro said:

DE why you neglect Sobek and Daikyu 😭

Edit: On a serious note, can you please increase the density of Netracell? Currently it feels like a snooze fest 😴 especially when doing it on that new tileset (the one that has train crossing on quest) 

Sobek is probably one of the most overpowered guns in the game due to Acid Shells if combined with Saryn and green archon shards

6 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

Sobek is probably one of the most overpowered guns in the game due to Acid Shells if combined with Saryn and green archon shards

If it's only OP in the hands of 1 frame out of 50-odd frames due to a specific interaction with how her Toxic Lash works... and outside of those specific conditions it does not perform nearly as well... Perhaps it could use an update? Seriously, Saryn can make just about any weapon perform effectively, with some exceptions.

It's an Impact-weighted status shotgun with poor crit stats and a low base pellet count. It needs the help, even if an updated Kuva version isn't able to use Acid Shells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

If it's only OP in the hands of 1 frame out of 50-odd frames due to a specific interaction with how her Toxic Lash works... and outside of those specific conditions it does not perform nearly as well... Perhaps it could use an update? Seriously, Saryn can make just about any weapon perform effectively, with some exceptions.

It's an Impact-weighted status shotgun with poor crit stats and a low base pellet count. It needs the help, even if an updated Kuva version isn't able to use Acid Shells.

There are over 500 weapons in this game and the sobek has one niche it fills I think that's pretty good. I think there are many other weapons that need to be looked at that can't even fill a niche.

3 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

There are over 500 weapons in this game and the sobek has one niche it fills I think that's pretty good. I think there are many other weapons that need to be looked at that can't even fill a niche.

Be that as it may, there are people who enjoy the Sobek who also like to play frames other than Saryn. A Kuva, Wraith, or Prisma Sobek would be a nice addition to our arsenal. That there are plenty of weapons that need looking at is not at issue, since the Sobek is one of those weapons. Further, if a weapon is only overpowered in a niche where pretty much any weapon would be overpowered - that is, wielded by a weapons platform Saryn or Saryn in general - is it really OP on its own?

"Please don't buff this weak weapon or introduce additional variants because there are other weak weapons and this one has a niche, one-frame synergy!" strikes me as rather self-defeating if the goal is for DE to buff weak weapons.

Edited by Armadillidium_vulgare

3 hours ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

It needs the help, even if an updated Kuva version isn't able to use Acid Shells.

That would take care of the issue, but it'd be sad if KSobek got the Kuva Hek Napkin Math Treatment™ largely because of one frame.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Armadillidium_vulgare said:

"Please don't buff this weak weapon or introduce additional variants because there are other weak weapons and this one has a niche, one-frame synergy!" strikes me as rather self-defeating if the goal is for DE to buff weak weapons.

No one said that. I am all for more variants or buffs to older weapons. All I did in my original comment was hint you at a use case for that weapon..

11 hours ago, OggerAZ said:

No one said that. I am all for more variants or buffs to older weapons. All I did in my original comment was hint you at a use case for that weapon..

Then why not just say, "Yes, I also think the Sobek could use a buff, because it only has niche and limited use otherwise!"

That Sobek is only really useful at low levels or in Saryn's hands is common knowledge among Sobek enjoyers. Your comment detracts from the point being made that it IS a weak weapon. If someone is indicating a weak or underpowered weapon and asking for modernization or buffs, and you point out the one limited use-case in which it isn't weak... What else are we supposed to take from that? You are explicitly countering the point that it is weak by bringing up that it has a one-frame synergy with Saryn

Edited by Armadillidium_vulgare
  • Like 1

awe sum! *a bit hyped* :3
looking forward to dev stream,
made a vid about it summarizing all the info I found so far, related & alternate
ways to earn what's dropping in community stream & also a timezone calculator for 
people who might think london is GMT time :P (: 

45 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

awe sum! *a bit hyped* :3
looking forward to dev stream,
made a vid about it summarizing all the info I found so far, related & alternate
ways to earn what's dropping in community stream & also a timezone calculator for 
people who might think london is GMT time :P (: 

London is GMT +1

3 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

London is GMT +1

London Ontario Canada (Where [DE] is located) is Eastern Time (E.T) which is
5 hours behind london capital of england :P (featured 10 seconds into vid...) 

But yes, that's right, during summer, London the capital is gmt+1 

9 minutes ago, helioth137 said:

London Ontario Canada (Where [DE] is located) is Eastern Time (E.T) which is
5 hours behind london capital of england :P (featured 10 seconds into vid...) 

But yes, that's right, during summer, London the capital is gmt+1 

Argh, that makes sense, you didn’t say which London fair.

Summary of things still promised, incomplete, juggling in the air 

-Lifting the whole (content islands are still very disconnected)

-A proper story mode containing the old events; we go forward with more and more complex stories but old stuff that is actual canon lore and important to the development of some characters like Alad V, Vay Hek or Tyl Regor is missing IN the game, and a Wikia page is not the place where a player has to search for it

-Wall running replacing wall hopping still not a thing (although mentioned in devstream, and hey...new games ripping Warframe off will do it), Geoff mentioned some problem...which hasn't been resolved yet?

-UI still unfinished...from December 2018...it's almost 5 (FIVE) years

-Command wheel for pets (maybe second part of companion rework?)

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while (another thing that had been left in the limbo, you started it and then forgot it...it was May 2019)

-Many new frames still don't have noggles (minor thing...but why Warframe Noggles don't drop 1 month after the frame release? I don't say day and date, but at least not year after)

-Drop chances revision as a QoL; the game has soooo much to do and collect that 0,0001% drop rate chances are just obnoxious 

-Where's Rage melee mode (also known as Changelling 2.0), mentioned in 2019, as the final phase of melee rework

-Modulary archwing/Archwing melee revisit, another thing from 2019, then coupled with Scott idea to remove Archwing missions (NO, but they must be revisited)...where's Archwing gonna go in the game? What's his future?

-Railjack integration with open worlds, like it was shown and promised at Tennocon

-Squad link, did you really gave up on the idea? If there's the tech that makes Cross Platform, I don't think Squad Link will be impossible to achieve

-3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

-Sergeant/Phorid boss fights revisions...Sergent revision mentioned as Nef Anyo's fight BEFORE Fortuna was released

-Trials/Raids they were removed in March 2018 (5 YEARS)...a content many player loved, it was promised to bring back something in that vein but no news yet

On 2024-04-17 at 3:01 PM, (PSN)NinjaBlade626 said:

Gauss what meant to come out last year but pushed him back too

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

you know they simply go by release order of the normal frames and then grouped to 2 male and 2 female frames, right? the order makes total sense lmao

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

On 2024-04-20 at 12:25 PM, thats_rudiculous_07 said:

This is so disappointing 😭, we're not getting prime xoris shalta or stropha. Why the hell none of signature weapons are getting primed 

Because those three are corpus themed is my guess.  Velox is the only tenno themed weapon she has. I feel like there are some exceptions or bending of the rules.  But DE only primes tenno themed weapons.  So if a frame has a corpus, infested, or grineer themed one as their signature it always gets skipped. 

• Like 1

Will there ever be an update to the Helminth system? With over 50 warframes, and only 3 choices per week, the chance of a warframe being selected for the week becomes less and less.

• Like 2