Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Warframes

Anything that is not over-designed. When you look at the old frames you can appreciate the simplicity of their designs - Excal, Nyx, Ember, Mag, Loki, Rhino, etc.

Clean. Simple body contour. Athletic. A blank canvas perfect for fashion frame.

On the other hand, look at the criminally over-designed stuff - Hildryn Prime for one. Lavos a close second. I may excuse Kullervo if I can remove his armor like Voruna wolf heads, but now I have to put shoulder armor on top of his shoulder armor.

18 hours ago, Varzin13 said:

Revenant: My current fave but I don't play him the way most people do, I don't use Mesmer Skin. I basically just use him as a shield tank while also leveraging his high shield value to fuel Melee Retaliation.

Just a question. Why arent you using Mesmer Skin if you are building for Melee Retaliation? That would ensure that you are always at the shield cap for Retaliation damage except for the few moments when you might happen to step into something that ignores Mesmer Skin, like a fire patch on the ground or similar.

According to the emails that went out a few weeks ago, these are my top 5.

5. Gara Prime: Tanky Defense Queen with an infinite scaling damage ability. Then you can add in augments for area debuffs and/or endless energy. With some sick fashion to boot.

4. Nezha Prime: Tanky Defense Prince that really knows how to go fast. Love all of his augments, the new one takes him a step further. And again, has great fashion options.

3. Lavos: Tanky Caster who can now slap any element element into his kit, so freaking rad. He needs help on the fashion side of things.

2. Voruna: Stealth Speed Demon that can spread Elemental Rabies. Her augment atm let's you go full Yautja Predator and bring destruction on enemies that can't even find her. And even though she has a base skin and Voidshell, she is a Fashion Queen.

1. Chroma Prime: This will never change, I'm currently working on my 3rd copy so I can do an all Tauforged Crimson Shard Power Fiend. Love theory crafting builds to make him viable in harder missions using every tool available in this game. And he has endless fashion options. He's my number 1 guy.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just a question. Why arent you using Mesmer Skin if you are building for Melee Retaliation? That would ensure that you are always at the shield cap for Retaliation damage except for the few moments when you might happen to step into something that ignores Mesmer Skin, like a fire patch on the ground or similar.

Good question, I have a couple reasons.

1. I'm kinda lazy. The less I have to manage the better and I'd rather not have to re-up an ability every couple of minutes if I don't have to. I use a slightly unique controller scheme (melee attack is mapped to RB) which has my abilities in a weird spot, it's kind of cumbersome for me to swap between abilities. Thankfully I prefer set-and-forget builds with a strong focus on raw defense so I typically am only using one active ability per frame anyway, in this case it's Pillage.

2. A combination of Primed Redirection, Primed Vigor, Adaptation, a maxed Arcane Nullifier, and a maxed Arcane Barrier ensures that I'm pretty much never in danger of dropping to a low shield level. Worst case scenario I tap Pillage to recharge and as a nice bonus weaken nearby enemy defenses. Because of how I built my Revenant to focus on shield defense Mesmer Skin is not as effective as it could be and as a consequence not really worth using. 

Edited by Varzin13
Forgot Arcane Nullifier
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TeaHands said:

1. Chroma Prime: This will never change, I'm currently working on my 3rd copy so I can do an all Tauforged Crimson Shard Power Fiend. Love theory crafting builds to make him viable in harder missions using every tool available in this game. And he has endless fashion options. He's my number 1 guy.

From one chroma lover to another may I suggest combining that power fiend build with a primer tenet arca plasmor or hound primer + tenet arca plasmor. Combining with galv savvy makes it so you start off dealing no damage but by the time you get full VA you are now two shotting everything. Haven’t tried in end game steel path (not there yet as I’ve been slacking) but I did use in netra cells and elite deep Archimeda and it worked well.

• Like 1

Valkyr (now Prime) I bough her just after starting because she looked like what I would enjoy. My Lady of Rage is very much still is a fav despite the many other choices I have these days. 

Frost Prime (got before normal frost and outside of MR leveling never used normal frost) Go to for anything Defensive, second most used frame for that reason.

Ivara (now Prime) When solo I often like to play nice and slowly where possible carefully looting and pining everything to the ceiling with a bow (or luring the level into one spot and dropping a Tonkor shot into the middle) and my Lady of Stealth does that well

Gyre is a new contender for favorite as she is a Electric frame the is actually good (volt was a massive disappointment when I started) Bought her when I came back as her pack was 50% off and while the included weapons were Meh the Frame is a blast (the void-shell textures were pretty neat as well)

Garuda. When I was looking for Frames first starting out I was really having trouble maintaining health without healers and whatnot. Her having not only a way to regen hp but energy as well is what drew me to her. Thanks to her change in passive being kill based instead of health eliminated the biggest problem I had playing her, dying to toxin because I was sitting at 2 hp. I have never tired of using her for most situations. Thanks to her talons I've gotten some real laughs out of her Silent Takedowns and Ground Finishers. Use 1 to bounce on a shield dude then her going to town on their stomach with her claws is always satisfying. Stabbing them in the back lifting them over her head then slamming them on the ground. Just jumping on their back and giving them a quick beatdown with her fists instead.

Frost. He has basically become my goto choice for anything I need to defend. Mobile Defense, Excavation, Defense he is my man. Put 20 Snowglobes on the objective and that is one less thing to worry about while I strip armor and if I feel like it send enemies sliding around bouncing into each other dealing True Damage with more Snowglobes.

Protea. When I finally farmed and built her I felt like I found a good multitasker. Throw a Grenade Fan to wall up one chokepoint while I focus on another. Need to leave to focus on something else more important but enemies are still coming from that area drop a Blaze Artillery for some quick massive damage. Have a Dispensary sitting around to keep up the pressure. I really really don't care for her 4 so much so all the builds I have replaced it. Also her idle animations are just a joy to watch. Was working on a Spear Rifle and when I saw her take a grenade and balance it on the Spear before smacking it away like it was a hockey puck. Her Velox reload just wow someone had fun making that.

Volt. He was my first frame so he will always have a place as a favorite.