Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite Warframes

Only have 10 frames, but if I were to rank them:

Limbo, his 131 just feels right, plus being able to lockdown a whole room while being immune to the weaponfire of any1 not in the rift is just the best. And if I really wanted to feel immortal I put silence on and watch as everything not damage me

Ivara would be a second. Specifically her conc arrow build. Slap on well of life and watch the room drop and fill with orbs.

Yareli is starting to grow on me, especially once I learned about the kompressa's interaction with aquablades.

Wisp due to the memes about her assets being very accurate

Nekros I'm currently experimenting on with darkverse, but I'm having fun with it

Mirage coz clones+blindingly bright projectile weps

Umbra and wu are tied here having built both as exalted melee users. They're ok, but I think wu pulls slightly ahead due to him being king of spy and rescue missions.

Dante feels lackluster for a wizard, he's strong but his kit feels meh. Where's the fire balls, the lightning bolts, the cone of colds

And khora is last coz she's effective, but boring. I only play her when I need to farm something and don't want to think that much about it.

Edited by Sephylon086918

For me it's always been Volt as #1. I loved his design and his kit since the first day. That said, he needs the Arrester Helmet because his default is super ugly and I'm still waiting for some amazing deluxe skin since the ones he has are unfortunately quite hideous.

#2 is Nyx. She activates the monkey neurons in my brain for some reason and I also enjoy her kit but damn she needs a rework. Nearly all of her skins are amazing, the main exception is the Nemesis.

#3 is Revenant for the cases where I just want to focus on my weapons and don't feel like using abilities. His deluxe is also pretty pleasant to the eye.

#4 is contested between Styanax, Chroma, and Dante. They have great support abilities, especially Styanax, and are fun to use but they're too spammy with their abilities so I get tired of doing that after a few missions. Chroma's new augment helps though since that's one less ability duration to worry about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GreenFrog2011 said:

What’s your favorite warframe and why?

If you have multiple, that’s okay, say them too.

Mine that I have are,

Excalibur Umbra because better Excalibur,

And Nekros because cool reaper.

Garuda has been my #1 frame since release. Queen of Gore and my everlasting love. Being able to keep myself in the air and proc slash constantly, having ways to keep her energy up to 100% or near it without outside sources like Grimoire or Zenurik, scaling damage that becomes stronger when enemies are stronger, double damage passive that’s separately multiplicative to everything, fun subsume synergies (just like my recent discovery of Damage Decoy + Seeking Talons, try it out), her Prime Claws being the best in the game (when not counting the Melee Arcanes normal melees can get), and those fashion ideas with her Prime😋

Wisp being my second favorite. Passive buffs, multiplicative Breach Surge damage that’s affected by weapon buffs (despite it keep getting nerfs), passive invisibility, brief invincibility which synergize well with the current Shield Gating, but her 4 is forgettable unless you fully built into it. <—- Main thing that brings her down. Besides those, she also got, something extra👀

Citrine would be a close third, main thing is of how fun she can be with builds. Want to be a strength heavy supporter? A walking tank? A red critter with a augment which makes it last longer by duplicating on different enemies? She got your back. 

Dagath being 4th, Immortality button that let me restore health and Energy when killing enemies after dying, easy viral primer, crit damage buffer, easy defense strip while doing a lot of damage at the same time. Out of the 4 frames, Dagath is the only one i wouldn’t mind using Subsumes on because her 1 - 4 are great with each other. Only reason why she’s 4th is when enemies are hitting hard, her Immortality buff would happen a lot due to her being pretty squishy without it which makes you play more carefully until the cooldown goes away between deaths. 

I would put Mag or Protea at fifth if i would be honest, her main problem is Pulverize being very weak at stripping armor compare to her 4’s Augment and when it comes to damaging shields + her Passive being, there i guess. Other than that, Mag got the tool kit to be a very efficient high level mob slayer when played correctly. Her bubble gaining damage from enemies and you shooting into it, her 4 stripping armor, Pull working as intended nowadays which synergize well with Magnetize. Protea wasn’t a frame i would love until Veilbreaker. The Duration Shards mainly boosted my enjoyment of making builds on her due to how low her Dispensary last without them. Archon Vitality being the cherry on top for her, unranked or not.

All 5 being effective with subsumes as well (with Dagath being not as flexible).

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 1

My number one favorite is without a doubt Volt, I like its design but mainly what I like the most are the electric abilities, in that sense Gyre could be one of my favorites but its design seems ugly to me, so I'm waiting for a deluxe or a prime version.

I have a few favorites:

Baruuk: my favorite exalted melee frame. Very resilient and I love the sound and impact feel of his attacks

Wisp: comfy pick and one of my favorite frames that can abuse the 300% str buff from relics in long missions

Protea: one of my two favorite frames that just spams abilities. The augment has sent her to the moon

Dagath: my newer favorite caster frame. Tons of damage and a unique invuln system to play around 

Gauss: one of the best designed frames in the game and my favorite weapons platform

Dante & Citrine - You can mess around with status and the more you know about the game the more ways you realise these frames can be built. Prismatic Gem is one of my favourite abilities in the game and Noctua is the most flexible exalted weapon by an absurd margin in terms of playstyle variety. (it will get even more satisfying once Dante's passive is fixed...hopefully fixed).

Gyre - The true electricity frame, just uncompromisingly all about electricity. We don't really get pure elemental frames but she is just chef's kiss/zap

Dagath - No one ever talks about her performance with weapons, it's really really good...I still want to ride the horse though.

Harrow - Fantastic support, fantastic gunslinger, fantastic gameplay flow, just perfect

Protea - Does your weapon have terrible ammo economy? guess who can help :) Do you want to do funny things with heat procs? guess who can help :) Do you want enhanced shields but don't want to play Hildryn? Do you wish Vauban had a bit less CC and diversified his utility set? Well Protea has all your bases covered.

Special mention to Yareli and Voruna for when I want to mess with very specific weapon classes or effects.

Nezha because he was my very first prime and has served me well in my two and a half years of playing.

Baruuk because I love his sound effects and I just like the idea of a pacifist in a combat game.

Mirage because she can prep a room to nuke itself (seriously DE, might wanna take a look at nerfing her 2).

Nyx because I like being able to solo clear any mission with almost no damage dealt.

Chroma because Vex Armor multipliers are hilarious when you have that new augment making him the most pissed off healer in the game.

Gauss because WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Octavia because of how I can make a mandachord let everyone know that I woke up and chose violence today.

Oberon because I can fully armor strip an entire room while making it any color I want (definitely an "I can't see $#!% out of 10").

Qorvex because of how he can nuke enemies with almost no ability strength.

Vaubhan, because who doesn't like dangling enemies from the ceiling like it's a third-rate office party?

Posted (edited)

Oberon, Hildryn, Zephyr, Harrow, Voruna, Dagath, tempted to mention Titania

No particularly special reasons in general, they just fit my playstyle. I'm not particularly big on casting a ton of abilities, I'd rather stick to guns. Harrow is an exception, his casting is pretty demanding, but directly benefits gunplay enough to make up for it.

Hildryn was the first warframe I liked enough to minmax very intricately, or come up with a good synergy with her equipment (my shield-support MOA)

Dagath is a crit skeleton horse, so that's pretty cool, and in terms of fashionframe she is the first time in years that I was pretty satisfied with just her default look

I have a habit of jumping and aim-gliding, so Zephyr caters to that really well, plus she makes it really fun just to maneuver around maps (without going totally in control like with Titania)

I found a sniper-shotgun playstyle for Voruna that I like, so she's fun when I'm in a DOOM-like mood

Edited by Pakaku

Chroma has been off and on my favorite list for a while now due to the changes, but now I can say it’s solidly back on as I am now in love with my tenet Arca plasmor primer/nuke. Have 5 status on that and with it having multi gunCO it pairs perfectly with VA’s insane base damage boost, combine with shotgun vendetta for more Multishot and reload and it’s a beast. Guardian armor helping with duration and healing helped a lot with bringing me back onto chroma. (They still need a change to 1 and 4 as 1 doesn’t do any damage and 4 ruins his tankyness while making him run out of energy in seconds, but 2 and 3 are fine with the right weapons)

Voruna: Other than (reasons) I always do like status builds more than crit, and what’s better than a frame with a primer as an ability. Allowing me to use any weapon I want freely with CO without needing to build an epitaph or similar gun to swap. Equip equilibrium. Press 3, press 1, press 2, smack em with a melee, and watch every enemy around you just die from every status effect inflicted upon them. Only issue is their 4 but that’s an easy subsume for something like breach surge as a panic button or to stack more damage.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-29 at 9:31 PM, (XBOX)GreenFrog2011 said:

What’s your favorite warframe and why?

Garuda for multiple reasons

1. Berserker playstyle, love being low health and thriving off of it

2. High risk, kind of stated that but wanted to make it known

3. She released on the exact same day I started playing shockingly, that plays a part. I like making memories in games like that. 
4. Vampire theme, I am edgy I love vampires. She both edgy and vampire

5. Design looks amazing, love the blades on the arms and the regal feel

6. Gore, yes

7. Abilities centered around ramping up before dishing damage

8. Her abilities are “powered” by her health (in a way). Kind of… I’m considering bloodletting with this

9. All rounder playstyle fits for everything, works with everything. Don’t need/want anyone else

10. Adding a 10 just because leaving it at 9 feels weird

Right now Kullervo is without a doubt my favorite, earlier I've had a list of quite a couple I find equally enjoyable. Aside from him I also enjoy Dante and Inaros well above the rest I used to really enjoy. But they still have miles and miles to go before reaching the status of our lord and destroyer Kullervo.

Revenant: My current fave but I don't play him the way most people do, I don't use Mesmer Skin. I basically just use him as a shield tank while also leveraging his high shield value to fuel Melee Retaliation. Combo-ing that with 4 tauforged purple shard (+Melee crit multiplier. Doubled when max energy is >= 500) for even more melee fun, plus a tauforged blue shard for health regen as insurance (mostly for recovering from any toxin damage that sneaks past the shields). I have Pillage hellminthed over Danse Macabre so I can use Precision Intensify for it. He's my hard to kill vampire who can deal out some serious melee damage. Plus I just like the vampire theme.

Harrow: Identical build to Revenant. I always liked how Harrow looked but never liked his kit. If it were possible to transmog frames I'd probably put Harrow's look over Styanax's kit.

Kullervo: Was my main before Melee Retaliation got introduced. Simple health/armor tank with Gloom and Hunter's Adrenaline. Collective Curse is also nice.

Garuda: One of my favorite builds for it's creativity. Hellminthed Voracious Metastasis over her 1. I have finely tuned her efficiency and strength such that when I use Bloodletting I spend 50% of my health to gain 100% energy. Then with VM I spend a small fraction of my energy to fully heal myself. With this cycle I am able to independently generate infinite health and energy for myself as needed. I also really love that as long as you hold the aim glide button and keep activating Seeking Talons you can effectively fly while raining hell down on everything below. Really hope her talons get an arcane slot.

Nekros: Another Gloom build, this time using Desecrate to generate energy orbs and keep Gloom alive. Another style pick, I like the edgy guys.

Posted (edited)

Mag, Equinox, Nova, Harrow, Vauban, Nezha, and Lavos. There are more but these I know I always gravitate back and goof around with.

I'm surprised I saw some people post that they also love Equinox. Limbo too. I personally gravitate towards support frames and/or ones where there's not super obvious destructive power. I've played Limbo and got forma on him. I know I would probably love him but I need to finish up some other build theories I have for other stuff before I start farming up Stella to fuse the yellow shards I know I will need for faster casts for him.

Edited by PR1D3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Aruquae said:

She released on the exact same day I started playing shockingly, that plays a part. I like making memories in games like that. 

Madness! Same day I started too. Nice to meet you warframe Twin! 

Edited by obiwandandobi2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, obiwandandobi2 said:

Madness! Same day I started too. Nice to meet you warframe Twin! 

My long lost twin?
They said it was impossible, I finally found you!

• Like 1

I have quite a few different favourites that I rotate through my playtime. Sometimes based on certain factors or reasons. For example. 

Lavos: I really like how versatile and flexible they are.I like matching elements against enemy weaknesses. Plus on longer endurance runs against Infested or Corpus (Relics), I can just ignore Nullifiers, Energy Drains, and all that. I'll always be able to cast my abilities. Plus you'll always have access to almost all elements (outside say Void), so its also easy to use that against enemies/factions. He is also very very tanky, has a great new augment. A decently mobility ability, and he can nuke. 

Mag + Nidus + Vauban: I like all three for similar reasons. Their ability to take most of the enemies and group them to a small convenient ball. Which makes them great weapons platforms, particularly shotguns, gunblades, etc but also great for their own abilities.They have some differences to that I enjoy, Nidus being a health tank, Mag and shield and armour strip capabilities, Vauban's CC, really like all three a lot. Great aesthetics as well. 

Dagath + Citrine + Qorvex: Some of my newer favs. Citrine is my fav support/tank at the moment. I take her anywhere where I want to make sure my allies don't have to worry about dying or energy issues. Archons, Netracells, long Endurance etc Great for helping newer players in tough content as well. Dagath I really enjoy, but especially on certain tile sets and maps, like Orokin/Void Survival. The long pristine corridors are great for funnelling in large amounts of enemies to just be run down by her horses. With Protea Primes release, I have been doing a few longer Survivals and she has a great KPM, just with abilities. Will chew for Steel Path enemies, Acolytes, Eximus, etc. Qorvex I think will not be that popular, he isn't that flashy, but I like and enjoy how solid and tanky he is. I also think his 4 is what a successful and more usable Wisp 4 should have been. 

Nyx + Oberon + Garuda + Gara: Old favs, still like them a lot, just haven't played them in a while. 

• Like 1

Wisp is my most played and comfy pick when I don't know what I want to play. Her 1, 2 and 3 are just too good. What I really like about her kit is some passive hp regen for combat discipline/avenger shenanigans plus attack speed/fire rate bonus. Not having to mod attack speed and a flat 45% crit really opens up the arsenal to her in a way that other frames don't have access to. 

Mag was my starter frame, I was a big X-Men nerd growing up so being able to play as a female Magneto was the obvious choice for a starter. I've always kept Mag in my main rotation. She wasn't the most starter friendly but I kept coming back to her as I progressed and it payed off. Once you have the right tools for her she's damn near unstoppable. 

Nova was another frame I got early on. I was immediately hooked. Her kit is too weird to not grab my attention. Null star and adaptation let me cakewalk star chart. When shield gating and helminth came around and I got to reinvent how I built Nova. She's just a fun frame to theory craft builds for. I have my main Nova and a couple copies to test builds on. 

Xaku was a frame I got stuck on. I couldn't stop until I cracked it. So many variations trying to get a sustainable build. I was so close but it was always missing a mod or two. Then archon shards made an appearance. Casting speed and a little bump to strength. Xaku is perfect. 

Citrine is the newest addition. There is too much going on there. I've never seen DE stack a frame like that. WTF!?!?! How did that get released? iykyk

This weeks favorite is pillage Gyre running Circulus omnia fissure. Snapshotting her 3+4 with strength + range fissure bonus and that other strength bonus form that guy. It's so dumb, Pillage > nuke > repeat > pray you don't get Violence.

Old favorites/honorable mention list Saryn, Khora, Banshee, Nyx, Mirage, Ember, Volt....

• Like 1