Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that the dust has settled with the new melee arcanes, I think I can say RIP Garuda's talons (as a weapon)

They cant use an arcane but every melee weapon in the game can.

Yes, the base stats are still decent but it theyre not so great it makes up for not being able to use something like melee influence or melee duplicate. 

I can think of one and only one situation right now where it actually makes sense to use garuda's talons over something else and thats if A) shes a pick in the circuit AND B) all the melee options are MR fodder tier. 

Which, feels like an oof because when she got released (and later primed) it seemed like the intention was for her talons to be comparable to some of the best weapons in the game like venka prime or nikana prime. Yet those same weapons her talons used to compete with effectively got massively buffed.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Nah, ima run another 30 minutes on Steel Path Persto (fissure) as her. though it would be nice if Exalted Weapons could use Melee Arcanes.

Edited by Eedu777
  • Like 2

All exalted melee weapons, even the pseudo ones, should be 'reworked' to be directly moddable, be able to use Melee Arcanes, and have their Mod Capacity benefit from their Stance Mod.

I would also like to see the end of the stat stick mechanic. It's frankly stupid regardless of how powerful results it can produce.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

All exalted melee weapons, even the pseudo ones, should be 'reworked' to be directly moddable, be able to use Melee Arcanes, and have their Mod Capacity benefit from their Stance Mod.

I would also like to see the end of the stat stick mechanic. It's frankly stupid regardless of how powerful results it can produce.

This. Weapon is a weapon and also the statstick mechanic is ridiculous.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

+1, or even better (imho):

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eedu777 said:

Nah, ima run another 30 minutes on Steel Path Persto (fissure) as her. though it would be nice if Exalted Weapons could use Melee Arcanes.

Since Persto Fissure wasn't available i was forced to do Level 135 Steel Path Conjunction.
So, How are Garuda Talons bad? I used Slash Toxin Combo even!
gPDDDKS.jpg

Edited by Eedu777
to read it better.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ECCHOSIERRA said:

Which, feels like an oof because when she got released (and later primed) it seemed like the intention was for her talons to be comparable to some of the best weapons in the game like venka prime or nikana prime. Yet those same weapons her talons used to compete with effectively got massively buffed.

The intention was for them to never actually be a weapon at all, but DE caved to community pressure and now we have these perennially glitched halfway exalted claws that have arguably caused more trouble than they’re worth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eedu777 said:

Since Persto Fissure wasn't available i was forced to do Level 135 Steel Path Conjunction.
gPDDDKS.jpg

It’s not that it’s bad

It’s just sad they were excluded from what could’ve been a great buff, or an incentive to use it over a melee

Exalted weapons are supposed to be strong, why the heck would they be excluded from power? It’s not like they’re overpowered compared to normal melees. 

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

This. Weapon is a weapon and also the statstick mechanic is ridiculous.

Unpopular opinion, the melee weapon is doing everything, not the pseudo exalted.

I have stated an opinion someone will dislike, I shall now be “Ur bad” to oblivion. My time has come

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I shall now be “Ur bad” to oblivion. My time has come

thank you for the laugh

3 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

It’s just sad they were excluded from what could’ve been a great buff, or an incentive to use it over a melee

Cheers. oh and i did say this before: ''though it would be nice if Exalted Weapons could use Melee Arcanes.''

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eedu777 said:

Since Persto Fissure wasn't available i was forced to do Level 135 Steel Path Conjunction. So, How are Garuda Talons bad? I used Slash Toxin Combo even!

Not bad, just mid. Every melee in the game can do this, most of them now do it stronger and faster than her Talons.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Not bad, just mid. Every melee in the game can do this, most of them now do it stronger and faster than her Talons.

So, not only should they get Melee Arcane Slot.. maybe a innate trait? Named ''Sakura Blossom'' for a good sized buff to damage, Critical chance, Critical damage and attack speed. or a set of own attacks (Aka Exalted Stance), Ranged Attacks thrown into the mix. Like Vermillion Storm Stance's spinning attack (W+M2+E), minus the leaping portion of it for W+E, as for M2+E, She Flicks one of her talons to launch it and it just regrow, giving zero care about it and the poor Grineer.
and leap attack with W+M2+E.

Edited by Eedu777

5 hours ago, Eedu777 said:

gPDDDKS.jpg

Its not that they're terrible in their own right, its that literally every melee weapon in the game got a huge buff and now they're essentially outclassed.

Theres no compelling reason to use them over say, venka prime.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

The intention was for them to never actually be a weapon at all, but DE caved to community pressure and now we have these perennially glitched halfway exalted claws that have arguably caused more trouble than they’re worth. 

If they're gonna be part of her kit they should be worth using.

3 hours ago, Aruquae said:

It’s not that it’s bad

Exalted weapons are supposed to be strong, why the heck would they be excluded from power? It’s not like they’re overpowered compared to normal melees. 

Unpopular opinion, the melee weapon is doing everything, not the pseudo exalted.

I have stated an opinion someone will dislike, I shall now be “Ur bad” to oblivion. My time has come

This.

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Also this.

• Like 3

Just now, ECCHOSIERRA said:

Its not that they're terrible in their own right, its that literally every melee weapon in the game got a huge buff and now they're essentially outclassed.

Theres no compelling reason to use them over say, venka prime.

Understood, have a great day/night.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Exaulted weapons are still warframe abilities. Just allow power strength, range, duration, efficiency, to influence the Exaulted weapons base stats.