Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chill Solo Relic Grind

This may not be the most efficient, far from it, but if you wanted to sit back and farm some relics while doing something else, here is a strat that works well enough.

Go into solo normal starchart with Wukong, and Kuva Tonkor. Ani Void is good, and try to get the wide open room. Hide under the place beneath the stairs and let the clone kill everything. Every rotation will drop Aya or a Relic, and you need to check back every minute or so to collect life support. I recommend healer specter for protection and for subsume, can use Roar with Augment for more range. This will work up until 40+ minutes but could be pushed farther with a coordinated team. Happy farming!

vor 9 Minuten schrieb FeRixia:

This may not be the most efficient, far from it, but if you wanted to sit back and farm some relics while doing something else, here is a strat that works well enough.

Go into solo normal starchart with Wukong, and Kuva Tonkor. Ani Void is good, and try to get the wide open room. Hide under the place beneath the stairs and let the clone kill everything. Every rotation will drop Aya or a Relic, and you need to check back every minute or so to collect life support. I recommend healer specter for protection and for subsume, can use Roar with Augment for more range. This will work up until 40+ minutes but could be pushed farther with a coordinated team. Happy farming!

You can get a ban for this. careful with it.
I would rather speedrun the two void captures for lith-meso-neo keys under 1 minute. you get more out of it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

You can get a ban for this. careful with it.
I would rather speedrun the two void captures for lith-meso-neo keys under 1 minute. you get more out of it.

I did mention it was not efficient, but more about the chill aspect of it. I have done this and never gotten banned, and there are zero macros or exploits involved. You are still controlling everything yourself, so this should be perfectly fine.

The intention is that it will help someone out who is too busy to completely focus on playing but still needs to farm some relics. Of course there are much faster ways as you pointed out for more effort.

Edited by FeRixia
  • Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb FeRixia:

I did mention it was not efficient, but more about the chill aspect of it. I have done this and never gotten banned, and there are zero macros or exploits involved. You are still controlling everything yourself, so this should be perfectly fine.

I'm not talking about performance either. I know enough people who have been banned for something like that or simply long runs.
If it works for you, then that's good.

1 minute ago, johnno23 said:

AFK play is not a good idea plus it pretty much defeats the aspect of actually playing which is done for fun.

Why isn’t it a good idea? You can have fun relaxing watching a video and grinding like this the whole time. Not everything has to be 100% focus.

Just now, Venus-Venera said:

I'm not talking about performance either. I know enough people who have been banned for something like that or simply long runs.
If it works for you, then that's good.

Well back in the infinite ammo days it was widely popular and while disliked, not bannable as it is simply using the tools provided to you. This strat also does not get you a ton of resources or let you stay for multiple hours so it is well within normal parameters anyway. Many players also use Octavia to farm SE in much the same way. Maybe some people don’t like the gameplay but it’s all done solo and you don’t have to if you don’t want, just providing an option.

14 minutes ago, FeRixia said:

Why isn’t it a good idea?

Because if I choose to play a game I am playing and if I want to watch a movie I don't want a game distracting me. your solution is Game is boring if farming so i want to watch a movie. In my brain that simply does not compute as I would never play something i get bored by. that's just my opinion though. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, johnno23 said:

Because if I choose to play a game I am playing and if I want to watch a movie I don't want a game distracting me. your solution is Game is boring if farming so i want to watch a movie. In my brain that simply does not compute as I would never play something i get bored by. that's just my opinion though. 

Fair enough, I know what you mean. A lot of grinds I like to distract myself because WF is insanely repetitive sometimes and I would go crazy if I was only on the game and nothing else on the side. Actually bought a second monitor partly because of it. That’s just the nature of MMOs, not the developer’s fault. Other times I like to get something done while watching videos.

• Like 1

I suppose I am lucky in that I have played the game for over 7 years now so there is almost nothing I need so I don't really suffer the grind so to speak/

I also like to run many missions solo and create my own adventures like taking a frame i seldom use in a Public mission and just trying stuff out for the fun. I like to do things as run a survival in Mot with Ivara and see how far I get sneaking around and using only a dagger for example for finishers. Overall the scope of the game has enough content to be immersed for an hour or two without suffering any grind. Then again I did play Elite Dangerous for a couple of years and that makes Warframe grind next to non exisitant LOL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, FeRixia said:

Why isn’t it a good idea? You can have fun relaxing watching a video and grinding like this the whole time. Not everything has to be 100% focus.

I wholeheartedly agree that not everything has to be 100% focus.  Most of the time when I'm playing Warframe, I've also got a YouTube video on.  The YouTube video alone isn't enough to give me all the engagement that I need, nor is Warframe...but together, I get something enjoyable to do with my hands and simple problems to solve, while also being able to learn about philosophy or whatever.  Like peanut butter and jelly, they pair great together and get me where I'm going.

However, when I read what you wrote about your strategy, it doesn't really seem like you're engaged with the game.  The game is running, and you're only "checking back in" periodically to handle the aspects of maintenance that you haven't been able to automate away.  I don't have any ethical criticism of what you're doing, but the way you wrote your original post makes it sound more like you're "automating chores" than "playing a game".

38 minutes ago, FeRixia said:

DE has made it pretty well-known that they are against any kind of automation of gameplay.  While they certainly ban players that use 3rd party tools to automate, I have no idea whether they'd enact any punishments on players who are automating using purely in-game means.  Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but maybe I'm being overly cautious.

Wukong has been nerfed in the past for his ability to automate play, so at the very least I wouldn't be at all surprised if DE saw strategies such as this as grounds for another round of nerfs.

If you want to actually play the game while getting relics at a faster rate than the strategy you mentioned, doing solo runs of the Void Capture missions is fast, simple enough that you can watch a video while doing it, and has 0% risk of inciting bans or nerfs.

Edited by UnstarPrime
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I wholeheartedly agree that not everything has to be 100% focus.  Most of the time when I'm playing Warframe, I've also got a YouTube video on.  The YouTube video alone isn't enough to give me all the engagement that I need, nor is Warframe...but together, I get something enjoyable to do with my hands and simple problems to solve, while also being able to learn about philosophy or whatever.  Like peanut butter and jelly, they pair great together and get me where I'm going.

However, when I read what you wrote about your strategy, it doesn't really seem like you're engaged with the game.  The game is running, and you're only "checking back in" periodically to handle the aspects of maintenance that you haven't been able to automate away.  I don't have any ethical criticism of what you're doing, but the way you wrote your original post makes it sound more like you're "automating chores" than "playing a game".

DE has made it pretty well-known that they are against any kind of automation of gameplay.  While they certainly ban players that use 3rd party tools to automate, I have no idea whether they'd enact any punishments on players who are automating using purely in-game means.  Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but maybe I'm being overly cautious.

Wukong has been nerfed in the past for his ability to automate play, so at the very least I wouldn't be at all surprised if DE saw strategies such as this as grounds for another round of nerfs.

If you want to actually play the game while getting relics at a faster rate than the strategy you mentioned, doing solo runs of the Void Capture missions is fast, relaxing, and has 0% risk of inciting bans or nerfs.

Levels of engagement differ from player to player, and the beauty of it is you can choose how much you want to engage with against the reward (fun or loot). Yes the game is a chore sometimes so it is up to you to decide how to handle them. There is no definition of what “actually playing” is and there is no wrong way to play (as long as you aren’t disrupting others etc).

The devs can play whackamole with this concept as much as they want but there has to be some point which it’s not worth the effort compared to making new content or improvements elsewhere. Again I highly doubt they would start banning players for playing how they don’t want you to play (whole other can of worms about them dictating how you get to have fun), but yes they could nerf the strategy, but in such a game there are many ways to lower engagement with such a variety of items. In the end you can play how you want and if you want to do this or not won’t affect me end of the day.

6 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

That's not chill it's just not even playing the game at all

Players can play the game in different ways, and chill to me means low apm/relaxed gameplay. If it’s not fun to you, cool, but it’s fun to me on occasion. And it is playing the game as you are controlling the character still and doing the mission objective.

17 minutes ago, FeRixia said:

Players can play the game in different ways, and chill to me means low apm/relaxed gameplay. If it’s not fun to you, cool, but it’s fun to me on occasion. And it is playing the game as you are controlling the character still and doing the mission objective.

You're not having fun with Warframe you're enjoying something else while the game just plays itself in the background, essentially cookie clicker.

Saying that you're playing the game because you walk to get life support once in a while is laughable

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

You're not having fun with Warframe you're enjoying something else while the game just plays itself in the background, essentially cookie clicker.

Saying that you're playing the game because you walk to get life support once in a while is laughable

I don’t think you have the authority to tell me what I find fun or not. You can have your opinion but you can’t tell me I don’t have fun getting some progress in while doing something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FeRixia said:

Dunno if it's Simulacrum but If I don't move Wuclone stops shooting after ~minute.

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:
2 hours ago, FeRixia said:

If you want to actually play the game while getting relics at a faster rate than the strategy you mentioned, doing solo runs of the Void Capture missions is fast, simple enough that you can watch a video while doing it, and has 0% risk of inciting bans or nerfs.

I think in one of the recent streams they mentioned wuclone like automations as well. I don't remember exact context.

OP, They are so against AFKing that you can get auto-fail because you were doing some puzzle in Entrati laboratriese (Disruption, killing enemies from time to time, while trying puzzle, auto fail, without single timer). I heard about guy getting ban (probably auto-ban) for just not living game open in Duviri. Not sure how much of it it's true.

24 minutes ago, FeRixia said:
33 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

I don’t think you have the authority to tell me what I find fun or not. You can have your opinion but you can’t tell me I don’t have fun getting some progress in while doing something else.

It's not about having fun. The point is about not playing game. You are not playing a game. You are just getting items. It's same as paying for them.

Hmm,

While the OP is entitled to use whatever in game tools he has at his disposal he is walking a very thin line between exploits and acceptable strategy.

And admitting that in a forum is just asking for scrutiny. Even if the intention is not to exploit, other players have been banned for similar actions.

If you want to farm the game by not engaging with it, that's your call , I would personally not enjoy such "gameplay" and can probably farm for things faster by actively engaging with the game

I would say "be careful" of certain triggers for AFK detection , but that would imply i support this gameplay. Which i dont , so make your own choices , but do not complain if those choices bite you later .

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's not about having fun. The point is about not playing game. You are not playing a game. You are just getting items. It's same as paying for them.

Well, there are still more steps involved like actually starting the mission, collecting things every minute (both so clone doesn't kneel and collect life support) so I would say there is STILL interaction with the game. It's not like you sit there for an hour not touching anything, so it's not "true" AFK. I'd say setting up these strategies to accomplish some goals is well within playing the game, as part of it is coming up with your own builds for what you want to do. As long as this sort of strat isn't the dominant way of getting things (it isn't) and isn't more rewarding than more active methods (it isn't) then there is no issue imo. I'd say the devs nerfed him enough for those things and what you still can do is a fair tradeoff these days. In addition, Octavia exists and scales way better into higher levels anyway. I support players experimenting with strategies to get what they want out of a mission.

With respect and sincerity, and just speaking for myself... That doesn't sound chill at all. Also you want to be careful with that sort of advice or strategy tips. If I didn't know better, or assume good faith, I could also see this as a subtle way to troll some players. I'll explain all three below. 

1. So, and again, just my personal preference and gameplay style. I love chill, solo sessions. You get to choose which rooms you visit, all the enemies aggro on you and you alone, you can bring weapons that require aim, and go for headshots, you can basically play without having to factor in and consider other peoples playstyles and builds, or how your own play style and build may impact on them, for better or worse. That being said, "checking back in" every minute or so, sounds super stressful, and in no way fun. If your only motivation is the reward, then thats not really chill is it? Thats being internally pressured to adjust your behaviour to get an incentive/reward, and everything else is just getting in the way. If the game, is getting in the way... 

2. Its also unwise advice, because people can and will get banned for AFK gaming. Which is different than all people will instantly be banned if they are AFK for 30 seconds. What that means is, its entirely possibly that some people do frequently and routinely go AFK with AFK strats, and don't get penalised or shadow banned or other types of bans or penalties, but... "AFK" is also a bit more complicated and nuanced. Like if you have a controller in your hand, and you wiggle the joypad every 30 seconds... That may be within DE's rules on AFK... Maybe if you are AFK in one spot for 40 seconds, once or twice in 30 minutes. That might be okay under their rules... Though maybe you are AFK for 45 seconds, routinely, using Wukong and an AOE weapon with a Protea Spectre, in 40 different instances over an hour, maybe thats actually going to get you banned. The "I do it all the time, and haven't been banned" idea isn't that great when we don't actually know exactly how you play, in a transparent and legitimate way, we don't know exactly what DE considers AFK exploit farming, (which is on purpose from their perspective). You might be on the line, and really lucky, other players taking the advice naively without applying skepticism, may go a bit over the line, and or not be as lucky. 

3. Which leads to my third point, about subtle trolling. You know what I find really chill and fun? Licking my own elbow. Its great, thats where the nutrients are. 9 out of 10 doctors do this, so do healthy people with big muscles. The Gym industry hates this one secret to getting ripped. Big Pharma hates it! Go on, try it, I do this all the time.

Telling people to do shady or weird stuff in a way where you frame it as helping them, when they can face very negative consequences, like getting their account banned... To be clear, I don't think you are trolling OP, and I don't think you believe what you are saying is shady either, (intent wise) and I personally have no issues or objections with how you might personally chose to play or find chill, but you should be aware that the advice you offer is quite risky. So much so that I am surprised the thread hasn't been moderated yet (well maybe if your thread title was EZ AFK Wukong strat, no effort = Big Rewards!) but yeah, DE definitely doesn't like or advocate for such behaviour. The people being cautious aren't doing so to personally judge you or anything, if you do this all the time, you may just be really really lucky. 

Take care! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Telling people to do shady or weird stuff in a way where you frame it as helping them

Op didn’t at any point tell people to do their strat? All op is doing is sharing how they play the game, let’s not make false statements.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb FeRixia:

Well, there are still more steps involved like actually starting the mission, collecting things every minute (both so clone doesn't kneel and collect life support) so I would say there is STILL interaction with the game. It's not like you sit there for an hour not touching anything, so it's not "true" AFK. I'd say setting up these strategies to accomplish some goals is well within playing the game, as part of it is coming up with your own builds for what you want to do. As long as this sort of strat isn't the dominant way of getting things (it isn't) and isn't more rewarding than more active methods (it isn't) then there is no issue imo. I'd say the devs nerfed him enough for those things and what you still can do is a fair tradeoff these days. In addition, Octavia exists and scales way better into higher levels anyway. I support players experimenting with strategies to get what they want out of a mission.

of course it's not afk. because there is code that automatically kicks afk people.
But for some people the temptation is great to use macros too. because if it works without macros, then maybe with them too? because it is more effective. and then at the latest there will be problems with the company.
Because the company is a seller of platinum, cosmetics and other digital garbage for real real life cash. and they are not at all interested in anyone having fun farming. Because everyone should suffer and admire 3x Forma packs in the shop before going to sleep.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Op didn’t at any point tell people to do their strat? All op is doing is sharing how they play the game, let’s not make false statements.

I am implying its implicit with framing like "here is a strat that works well enough." and "if you wanted to sit back and farm some relics while doing something else" and "This will work up until 40+ minutes." and a few other sentences. 

If you want to be more literal with OP, thats perfectly fine as well, but I assume you also understand what framing and context is, implications, connotations, and the like right? Enough to understand how other people will interpret and then address others? Or why their framing may not necessarily be reliant on addressing someone else's statements so literally or one to one? 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am implying its implicit with framing like "here is a strat that works well enough." and "if you wanted to sit back and farm some relics while doing something else" and "This will work up until 40+ minutes." and a few other sentences. 

If you want to be more literal with OP, thats perfectly fine as well, but I assume you also understand what framing and context is, implications, connotations, and the like right? Enough to understand how other people will interpret and then address others? Or why their framing may not necessarily be reliant on addressing someone else's statements so literally or one to one? 

That’s not the point you said very clearly, telling people to do shady things” again op did not do this they simply shared how they do things there’s no way to misinterpret what you said, because what you said just didn’t happen.

You putting in information that wasn’t said, and you already stated op is dicing with being punished with afk farming you saying they did something they didn’t could negatively affect them if they do get looked at for afk exploitation.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

That’s not the point you said very clearly, telling people to do shady things” again op did not do this they simply shared how they do things there’s no way to misinterpret what you said, because what you said just didn’t happen.

Maybe read the whole sentence and not nitpick on specific words taken out of context.

You will realise that the slight confusled one is pretty clear that the OP has (probably) good intentions. But good intentions can still get people in trouble.

• Like 4