Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition: Make enemy kubrows smell invisible frames

6 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

You....don't know what opposing views are, do you?

Opposing, opposite, a positive vs a negative, stating that you believe something is true and then stating you believe it is false, a view of a subject from polar opposite ends. You're perfectly capable of having Opposing views lol?

Ah I see , you were referencing self opposing views , while I was talking about having views opposing others. I misunderstood what you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

I have views opposing yours in this instance , i already asked you why you think there is any contradictions or paradoxical statements being made by me as I feel my statements are pretty much aligned.

6 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

This is done pal. You haven't a clue what you're even saying. You're not perfectly capable of having Opposing views, nobody is lol. Besides you finally chose real world, which means everything you've talked about has such gaping plotholes in it that it's unsalvagable.

Just for future reference, if you don't know what a term like Opposing Views means, it's better for you just to admit that. Or even take 10 mins to go and look it up. What you just did here couldn't have possibly been more embarrassing to be blunt.

"I am perfectly capable of having Opposing views".... Christ lol.....

Actually one can have opposing views even though my point was pretty different ,  Having a dilemma is a very simple example of having opposing views and most people go through it in their lives where they need to choose between short and long term goals , deciding between right things vs the profitable thing or simply picking the kind of outfit you wear. 

I am not sure what you are even trying to say at this point.

I feel you no longer wish to stay on the topic at hand cause you don't actually have any reasonable arguments to make and would rather wiggle out by grasping at any means to end the conversation , whether that be by nonsensical remarks  or outright ridicule to complete rubbish. 

I have been around long enough that such childish attempts do not really do much , especially from a random person whose opinions are inconsequential. Fortunately this is a public forum and other players can see for themselves what is being said.

Please also do explain what you mean by having unsalvageable plotholes , do you mean in the game itself ? Then yes there are plenty , it's a cheese game in more ways than one.

Maybe avoid the rhetoric this time and simply stick to the point at hand.

• Like 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Merkranire:

The #*!% kind of standard game is that? Steel Path is where you go to die because nothing else kills your build as per its intended design and any sort of balance went out the window ages ago

The superman mod doesn't exist? That was also clear. And if someone thinks sp circuit isn't part of the game - I don't want to have anything to do with them.

25 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

The superman mod doesn't exist? That was also clear. And if someone thinks sp circuit isn't part of the game - I don't want to have anything to do with them.

Nah, SP circuit isn’t part of the game, dude. You’re booting into a completely different game, designed via blockchain and selling NFTs, and it’s actually an RTS. You got the standard game, with its designed stats and enemy density and whatnot, and then you got Steel Path with its slapdash modifiers that cause people to complain about four player’s worth of energy drain ancients for one player and bulletsponge armoured grineer whose presence and purpose in Steel Path is a real #*!%ing mystery and said modifiers would also influence a hypothetical set of invisibility-detecting enemies that would be designed with the standard game in mind

And hang on, are you complaining that the whole game isn’t a baby simulator or… what? If you die in SP, I’m not sure what to tell you aside from it’s utterly expected

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-12 at 9:22 AM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

As for breathing? Humans can't survive for minutes at a time in the vacuum of space. Warframes can. There are tilesets where ships are damaged and there's no air because of the gaping hole in the side. Yet you could easily just walk from one end to the other without worrying about dying. Warframes "had" human lungs, but the literal evidence presented before your very eyes shows they have something different now. Whether that's Advanced Lungs or something else, we don't know. We do know the majority of frames don't have mouths or noses though, so they're breathing some other way.

but the survival missions suggest they still need the oxygen tho
edit: sorry. this was already pointed out

Edited by blackstraykitten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blackstraykitten said:

but the survival missions suggest they still need the oxygen tho
edit: sorry. this was already pointed out

No apology necessary. Yeah we had a chat about that earlier. The other forum member forgot that the lack of Oxygen won't kill a warframe, but bring you down to 1 HP. It suggests that Low to No Oxygen is certainly damaging to Warframes, but not fatal. Lore-Wise Lotus likely orders you to leave so that it doesn't leave your Warframe with longterm permanent damage. Death is death, but there's certainly some longterm illnesses and conditions out there that seem worse than it sometimes.

You might as well have just said "X enemy should do 100% HP as True damage when it hits".

That's exactly what happens to an invisible frame that gets hit.

Invis is their defense layer and it's actually more interesting than running around with 200k eHP shooting things in the face.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

No apology necessary. Yeah we had a chat about that earlier. The other forum member forgot that the lack of Oxygen won't kill a warframe, but bring you down to 1 HP. It suggests that Low to No Oxygen is certainly damaging to Warframes, but not fatal. Lore-Wise Lotus likely orders you to leave so that it doesn't leave your Warframe with longterm permanent damage. Death is death, but there's certainly some longterm illnesses and conditions out there that seem worse than it sometimes.

Gameplay mechanics =/= lore. So capping us at 1 HP is simply so we can finish the mission and not permanently die if we get unlucky. Just as even though there are no actual mechanics for smell or visual gore on a frame, it is just a game-design decision that doesnt equal lore or how things actually work in the WF universe.

So practially when it comes to stealth, everything would have a scent to it no matter how "clean" we'd think something would be. The grineer also use what would be offspring of canines, so up to 100k times better sense of smell than a human. And if we go and look at conservation, even other animals do pick up the actual scent of WFs, hence why the NPCs tell us to stay down wind etc. Then the infested that spread growths throughout tiles would very likely sense a shift in the air or change of temperature as we pass by those parts, telling the hive mind something is near.

Everything a frame is composed of along with everything it does prior to insertion would result in distinct scent combinations alien to the locations we attack. Even the void itself likely has a specific scent that could be picked up. Heck, even us as humans can smell the steel of a knife blade or the plastic in a toy or how the heat interacts with components in an electrical object. We can even smell the air as the water density and temperature shifts, our nose can tell us if it is about to start raining or snowing etc.

And that is us with our S#&$ty sense of smell compared to a canine that can smell things near 20km away. So would pick up on the scent of metal or helminth in general far easier within a locked galleon or bunker.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Gameplay mechanics =/= lore. So capping us at 1 HP is simply so we can finish the mission and not permanently die if we get unlucky. Just as even though there are no actual mechanics for smell or visual gore on a frame, it is just a game-design decision that doesnt equal lore or how things actually work in the WF universe.

Speaking of actual mechanics: noise. Enemies can hear invisible Warframes like Loki and Octavia. Stand near an unalerted enemy and shoot, the enemy will turn to face either you or the bullet impacts. Alerted enemies will also track players and stand near them (though this is more of a gameplay thing). They never do anything with this information, but there's no reason they couldn't. Getting spooked, taking pot-shots, throwing grenades, attacking the air.

18 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

looks like an aggressive AI that can also add serious damage ?

Which reminds me, speaking of the Corpus having anti-Tenno units there's also this from the Valkyr Prime Trailer:

The Corpus have what looks like a nullification beam turret which I don't know has ever shown up ingame. If they find out that there's an invisible Warframe ganking people they could drag in some of these to sweep areas they think the Tenno might be in.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Speaking of actual mechanics: noise. Enemies can hear invisible Warframes like Loki and Octavia. Stand near an unalerted enemy and shoot, the enemy will turn to face either you or the bullet impacts. Alerted enemies will also track players and stand near them (though this is more of a gameplay thing). They never do anything with this information, but there's no reason they couldn't. Getting spooked, taking pot-shots, throwing grenades, attacking the air.

Which reminds me, speaking of the Corpus having anti-Tenno units there's also this from the Valkyr Prime Trailer:

The Corpus have what looks like a nullification beam turret which I don't know has ever shown up ingame. If they find out that there's an invisible Warframe ganking people they could drag in some of these to sweep areas they think the Tenno might be in.

I remember this , i was hoping there would be some mechanics that do similarly,

But pay attention it doesnt nullify per se , it kind of suppresses , we have suppressing options via the orphix (the above mention also has a silhouette of a sentient) and that kuva bubble thing on the zariman .

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But pay attention it doesnt nullify per se , it kind of suppresses , we have suppressing options via the orphix (the above mention also has a silhouette of a sentient) and that kuva bubble thing on the zariman .

Grineer also have those nullification drones from Nightmare LoR.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Grineer also have those nullification drones from Nightmare LoR.

Oh yeah , i completely forgot those. Grineer really do not have much for anti tenno ordinance on regular levels. Then again , armor makes everything fair i guess -_-.

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It would be hilarious if a Heavy Gunner went full on Predator Minigun panic in the jungle on us, or a grineer or corpus either swinging a knife or trying to rifle butt the air.

And it ould be cool if they added suppression turrets, drones and enemies overall aswell, things to spice things up. Orphix amalgations and hybrids that do anything from running around pulsing to force us out of the frames or nulify buffs/silence us, to shooting barrage that covers a bunch of locations with fields that force you out of the frame if you enter.

I've also had this idea about scanner units, like those in Chronicles of Rid$&*^ you know. Could treat them much like cameras similar to Deacons, but with slightly longer range and no "charge up" in order to spot us. Just simply an angle with a set range and if we end up in it we are forced out and locked from restealthing for X seconds on a stealth frame. They could alternatively be set up like a living sonar that pulses from time to time and if we are caught in it we are forced out of stealth and locked from restealthing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It would be hilarious if a Heavy Gunner went full on Predator Minigun panic in the jungle on us, or a grineer or corpus either swinging a knife or trying to rifle butt the air.

And it ould be cool if they added suppression turrets, drones and enemies overall aswell, things to spice things up. Orphix amalgations and hybrids that do anything from running around pulsing to force us out of the frames or nulify buffs/silence us, to shooting barrage that covers a bunch of locations with fields that force you out of the frame if you enter.

Panic behaviours would be cool. The poor Corpus grunt knows there's something there - he seent it! Flinching at noises, chucking grenades into hallways, friendly fire accidents.

And then elite units could be unphased. You hear someone in the squad call out "Iptiyipke keppo! Jokket, pep pke pkayepkpojep!" and they start moving slower, tossing grenades ahead of them, using suppressing fire, Jokket pulls out his flamethrower.

Would be totally useless implementing this kind of thing in today's game, but if content like EDA is any indication there is a point where numbers can be inflated high enough that enemies can survive long enough to actually do cool things. It'd be good for assassin units and rare encounters, raids, other-faction EDA, etc.

Chronicles of Rid$&*^ you know.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528szjba2389op6i7h7ka

Edited by PublikDomain

10 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Panic behaviours would be cool. The poor Corpus grunt knows there's something there - he seent it! Flinching at noises, chucking grenades into hallways, friendly fire accidents.

And then elite units could be unphased. You hear someone in the squad call out "Iptiyipke keppo! Jokket, pep pke pkayepkpojep!" and they start moving slower, tossing grenades ahead of them, using suppressing fire, Jokket pulls out his flamethrower.

Would be totally useless implementing this kind of thing in today's game, but if content like EDA is any indication there is a point where numbers can be inflated high enough that enemies can survive long enough to actually do cool things. It'd be good for assassin units and rare encounters, raids, other-faction EDA, etc.

Yeah that would be cool and agree EDA has brought some hope to the game when it comes to enemy survival and relevance.

11 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9528szjba2389op6i7h7ka

LOL! Poor Ridrichard, same as Bruce Richardinson from Iron Maiden. Names getting perverted by online censor bot-things.

Man! Imagine how dirty the mind of a cencor A.I must be.

• Like 1

On 2024-05-12 at 4:53 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I can sort of understand the appeal and idea, but it also seems like one of those things, that could have quite a negative impact on quite a lot of different peoples Warframe play styles and activities. Like lets say that you want to do some Conversation in Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon for standing or to get Floofs? Or do some Fishing? Well ivara is a great choice... well was, now the animals can smell her, so goodbye perfect captures, and that Nightwave challenge becomes much more annoying, and so does getting standing, or Son tokens, or quite a few other things. You ever want to do a chill solo Archon Spy for that week? Well, now some Kubrows will somehow manage to locate you in one of the Vaults, and now the alert is sounded and... 

I am just throwing out random hypotheticals, worse case scenarios, I am not personally inherently against the idea, it could be implemented in an interesting way, but at the same time, when I think about Warframe being easy and some Warframes being too powerful... Loki, Ivara and Ash don't spring to mind. Saryn, Mesa, Revenant, Styanax, Dante etc do. I mean, yeah they do (all of them) also can trivialise content, but usually their is some sort of price or balance to their kits. 

I mean, I suppose we can make enemy Eximus Elite Kubrows that have toxic + viral true damage teeth that can bite right through Overguard, Shields, and Armour to one shot all Warframes, as well as being immune to CC, DPS, Damage, Status, Elements, and they can sniff invisible Warframes and also steal Platinum from you directly (and they can also fly for some reason), but some people may think thats a bit too far... Not me though, do it DE you cowards!! 

ye i was thinking specific mobs can be bane of specific warframe skill. it doesnt need to be 1 shot it just needs to break the skill for a few seconds and deal some damage like the eximus that drains all your energy on touch

• Like 1