The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade's 4th is going to be useless if you can't control the height of the hovering

Did they say you can't control the hover's height? I thought it was implied you could when Reb mentioned falling off the Elevator in the new game mode and that it won't be a problem for Jade.

But she might of just meant she won't have issues with falling off if she's always hovering? Idk

Well they were joking about using her to fly up the elevator in Ascension gamemode, and compared her to a faster Hildryn's Aegis Storm.

Her exalted Glory weapon and Jade Light judgement detonation damage seemed serviceable, time will tell.

13 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

Did they say you can't control the hover's height? I thought it was implied you could when Reb mentioned falling off the Elevator in the new game mode and that it won't be a problem for Jade.

But she might of just meant she won't have issues with falling off if she's always hovering? Idk

During the Jade section of the stream, they said nothing one way or another about being able to control the height. That's why I used the simple word "if" in the thread title.

Considering with the two other flying frames (Titania and Hildryn) you can control the height, it would be dumb for DE to not do it for Jade
So this is a BIG "if"

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Alguien said:

Considering with the two other flying frames (Titania and Hildryn) you can control the height, it would be dumb for DE to not do it for Jade
So this is a BIG "if"

Titania isn't really comparable, since Titania is just a ported archwing. Jade looks like she's using a modified version of Hildryn's Aegis Storm. So yes, it would be most likely that Jade will be able to adjust height just like Hildryn can (and theoretically do so better, due to the increase movement speed shown in the demonstration).

But this is DE we're talking about, there's a very real possibility this is an issue that wasn't thought about and will somehow make it live.

Edited by Hexerin

2 hours ago, Alguien said:

So this is a BIG "if"

Zephyr (the third "flying" frame) does have her altitude fixed on hold cast of tailwind, so there is precedent for this.

That being said, I seriously doubt being unable to change height. The word Fly was tossed around a few times.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Jade's 4th is going to be useless if you can't control the height of the hovering

17 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

compared her to a faster Hildryn's Aegis Storm

no one complained aegis storm was useless (though it also gives energy and cc) but still there are a bunch of mods that exist/interact with being airborne

The height Pablo showcased seemed to not fluctuate so as with hildryn you most likely have to use jump/crouch like with hildy vs titsnia archwing style.

He did say it was faster but we could not tell from the short clip when he activated it IF that was the default height elevation when using it. Of if he accended some more by himself. 

The SPEED he moved around with however... oh baby moma. 

If we get some speed increase on that (through strength mods or an later comin augment like titanias) my body is ready for some G's.

Also im wondering if her exalted will be primary (if so. What type? Rifle) shotgun?)

Secondary seems more reasonable.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They said in the stream it will work like Hildryn but faster. So that would imply it can change altitude.

Just means it adds a fixed amount of verticality over whatever surface you're on.  Terrain goes up, so would you.  Terrain plummets, so would you.

7 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

The SPEED he moved around with however... oh baby moma.

Welp, looks like a good time to dust off the max strength Volt and find out. 😁

21 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Just means it adds a fixed amount of verticality over whatever surface you're on.  Terrain goes up, so would you.  Terrain plummets, so would you.

Yeah but why mention Hildryn in specific in that case? Without being able to alter altitude manually it really wont work like Hildryn, so it would be kinda pointless to mention Hildryn at that point, since it will at that point work like uhm Jade.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah but why mention Hildryn in specific in that case? Without being able to alter altitude manually it really wont work like Hildryn, so it would be kinda pointless to mention Hildryn at that point, since it will at that point work like uhm Jade.

Except that's exactly how Hildryn's Aegis Storm works in that you always have a fixed height above the exact ground you're on, which means that if that ground elevates as you're going over it, then so will Hildryn.

I'm saying Jade's fourth could likely work in that same manner.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Watch the 180 devstream gameplay preview and listen to Rebeccas comments. Enough said :P As to the OP that was utter speculation that is clearly designed to serve no purpose particularly given how Rebecca was talking about "FASTER Hildryn" either way until we get her its mere speculation and thus no value being discussed as fact as far as the OP was concerned.

Keep in mind Hildryn 4 was initially quiet jank as was Zephyr 1. I recall even LIMBO who doesnt have flight having issues with movement at launch when phase shifting over uneven terrain as it was a funky shift animation. I think we need to keep that sort of history in mind and just be patient till we get Jade in hand and actually get to grips with her mechanics.

I apologise Sneak btw to mix your quote and my response ot it with the response to OP just to clarify your question was fair but answered by a quick watch of the gameplay preview as mentioned above.

24 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Except that's exactly how Hildryn's Aegis Storm works in that you always have a fixed height above the exact ground you're on, which means that if that ground elevates as you're going over it, then so will Hildryn.

I'm saying Jade's fourth could likely work in that same manner.

Given the gameplay shown there was clearly no vertical movement BUT we couldnt see the keypresses easily so I wouldnt want to assume for or against that in fairness. I think OP was just trying to stir something and frankly after Dante and prior frames showing vast improvement at release I have absolute hope PARTICULARLY given how Jade appears to be so tied to Stalker and all that lore. I wouldn't imagine that DE would botch such an update and while every update has had issues I doubt this mechanics issue will be one. As I said in a reply prior to this we just need to be careful and not get bogged down in uninformed discussions that we have no answers for.

1 hour ago, Hyroncore said:

Given the gameplay shown there was clearly no vertical movement BUT we couldnt see the keypresses easily so I wouldnt want to assume for or against that in fairness.

Well there was also no real change in ground height where Pablo was using her, so I still wouldn't rule it out.

• Like 1