Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The grind is ridiculous

This is not fun. Dante and Dagath could be farmed in like in 2 hours. May be for devs it is bad, that new game mode is inbstantly forgotten after a week or two, but for the players having this loot/price ratio is hell.

Jade and her weapons are 1350 moss in total, which with average 17 per mission (on SP) with mission length in average of 9 minutes will take you about 13 hours of pure Ascension. Not talking about Helminth and arcanes. But surely you will get all of the arcanes at the moment you grind Jade an her weapons. There seem to be a small chance to get 1 of 6 blueprints, but they say its 5% which is ridiculous also.

Surely even Citrine has less grind than this. But you know what? You rarely see Citrine in game and for her mission? You barely find a second player on SP. Her mirror defense mission is dead. As will Ascension be with this loot system.

Bravo, DE.

• Like 11

Known issues thread says that Jade/weapon parts are currently not dropping from Ascension game mode. So I assume they should be dropping and moss is a pity system not the primary method of obtaining it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Karpik said:

Known issues thread says that Jade/weapon parts are currently not dropping from Ascension game mode. So I assume they should be dropping and moss is a pity system not the primary method of obtaining it. 

This, each blueprint is suppose to have a 5% drop chance. IDK about anyone else but doing the ascension through the operation is giving me 3k endo every time. Feels like a bug. 5% drop chance though is still monstrous amount of grind, you'll probably get 2 parts from Ordis and one from a drop if you wait for a patch.

• Like 2

This is sarcasm, right?

These 7-9minute mission gives you ~25 of that currency.
So you can buy every part within 1hour  for 150 if needed.

Original Khora was a grind,
Arcane Energize from Eidolons was a grind.
This is not.

-c0y

/edit: for Jade parts you need to start the 'normal' mission, the operation is bugged and doesn't drop the parts in 36.0

Edited by _COY_
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, _COY_ said:

This is sarcasm, right?

Original Khora was a grind,
Arcane Energize from Eidolons was a grind.
This is not.

-c0y

Ok, so 60 minutes / 7 minutes = ~8.5 runs.

8.5 * 25 = 212 currency

You have 1 main blueprint that cost 450. Other blueprints cost 150 each, so 450.

Even if you JUST want 1 frame (with bp given) you still need to run at least ~2 hours.

Then next frame would cost 2x.

And OP was talking about 3 weapons as well.

• Like 2

I do believe the event is bugged at the moment , better to go with the SP variant of the actual mission to optimise the time.

Also , the guaranteed arcane on defeating the sister is a good incentive.

27 minutes ago, quxier said:

Even if you JUST want 1 frame (with bp given) you still need to run at least ~2 hours.

Do you really consider 2h for a new warframe as a bad grind? I'm not.
OP wrote "this loot/price ratio is hell"
It is surprising to me, you believe this.

-c0y

hace 7 horas, _COY_ dijo:

25? With a x2 boost or something? I did it in SP and it dropped like 17 on average.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _COY_ said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Do you really consider 2h for a new warframe as a bad grind? I'm not.
OP wrote "this loot/price ratio is hell"
It is surprising to me, you believe this.

-c0y

Max 2 hours? Not a problem. On average 2 hours? Yeah, pretty bad, but far from the worst.

Farming 2nd frame with 2x max time is bad.

And I've done few sp version. Not sure about time but we don't get 25. According to wiki, if I'm not wrong, 25 is max (18 from mission & 7 from sister). I get 20ish on average.

4 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:
7 hours ago, _COY_ said:

25? With a x2 boost or something? I did it in SP and it dropped like 17 on average.

Spawn sister. It should give you another 5-7 on defeat + some arcane.

hace 2 minutos, quxier dijo:

Yeah, I meant 17 with the Sister :|

I just did it twice... I'm having a bug?

31 minutes ago, Gaxxian said:
34 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yeah, I meant 17 with the Sister :|

I just did it twice... I'm having a bug?

SP Sister (not sure if you can spawn on normal version) should give you some loot. Maybe you haven't picked it up... afair.

hace 2 minutos, quxier dijo:

SP Sister (not sure if you can spawn on normal version) should give you some loot. Maybe you haven't picked it up... afair.

No, yeah, i picked the Sister in both Ascensions that i did :O

8 hours ago, _COY_ said:

This is sarcasm, right?

-c0y

How were you getting 25? I ran it twice and got 11 each time.

Even 25 a time is still 6 runs for each part and 12 runs for each weapon.

18 hours ago, Kathranathir said:

This is not fun. Dante and Dagath could be farmed in like in 2 hours. May be for devs it is bad, that new game mode is inbstantly forgotten after a week or two, but for the players having this loot/price ratio is hell.

Jade and her weapons are 1350 moss in total, which with average 17 per mission (on SP) with mission length in average of 9 minutes will take you about 13 hours of pure Ascension. Not talking about Helminth and arcanes. But surely you will get all of the arcanes at the moment you grind Jade an her weapons. There seem to be a small chance to get 1 of 6 blueprints, but they say its 5% which is ridiculous also.

Surely even Citrine has less grind than this. But you know what? You rarely see Citrine in game and for her mission? You barely find a second player on SP. Her mirror defense mission is dead. As will Ascension be with this loot system.

Bravo, DE.

I honestly only think it feels bad because the event version is bugged and isnt dropping parts. There's also arcanes to farm in the mission so its not like Citrine where you're getting nothing else out of running it and parts are locked to rotations

Seems that DE listened: after hotfix part of Jade and weapons can be dropped, and also the boss drops additional motes. Which simplifies farming very much.

Considering these were bugs, may be they will test patches more carefully next time.