Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Can we have a non-pregnant Jade skin?

8 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

🤣 : Oh @Stormandreas, can't you let me have a tiny victory for ONCE ...

Also I presume your "the Jade we have, is not the same Jade, but somehow, also is the same Jade." is more befitting the The Players of Null-A than Eternalism.

Eternalism is All that existed and will exist IS still here. Like when The first Doctor Who meet the Eleven to save the world.

And Jade state is akind to the Ship of Theseus, as you can replace every part of her but she is still the one and only JADE... pregnant or non.

My PoV is more Samsara Philosophy : You soul transmigrate from a past body to a new one; They are not the same body but it's still you.

Did I win you ? dear founder 😁

I demand compensation for the facial muscle injury I sustain from severe cringing while reading your posts.

Its not just the excessive text formatting, but also the idea that you put this much effort into editing every post.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Agall said:

Sounds like more of a 'you' problem than a problem with Jade's model.

Every problem is someone's problem. The problem of jade's model is a problem to a lot of people, more than it has been for almost any warframe model in the past, for various good reasons. You can have your opinion on it but you can't just dismiss all of it by saying 'I don't have a problem with it'.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PopocraftGD said:

Every problem is someone's problem. The problem of jade's model is a problem to a lot of people, more than it has been for almost any warframe model in the past, for various good reasons. You can have your opinion on it but you can't just dismiss all of it by saying 'I don't have a problem with it'.

There's some weirdos who might have a problem with the fact that Jade is a female Warframe, on top of every Warframe who's female. Those people can be relegated to the fringes of society just like those who might find pregnancy uncomfortable for some reason. Its alarming to even think about.

Pregnancy is as normal as Hildryn's or Grendel's thicker physique.

I can complain all day about how Excalibur needs to do more chest, but that doesn't mean DE should go giving him proportionately sized pectoral muscles because of my fringe opinion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Watch other players using it.

If you could toggle off her pregnancy she'd open a flasher mac and fire lasers from her crotch.

They have their own effect, like lines from the little drones and a torch-like light around your reticle.

Mind you, I put a lot of fire rate on Glory (infinite magazine means more fire rate is better than more damage for DPS, Arcane Velocity FTW) and that might mess with anims.

I'll have to check then lol. I've seen a few Jade's flying around, but haven't gotten that good of a look at where the lasers come from.

Just now, Agall said:

There's some weirdos who might have a problem with the fact that Jade is a female Warframe, on top of every Warframe who's female. Those people can be relegated to the fringes of society just like those who might find pregnancy uncomfortable for some reason. Its alarming to even think about.

I can complain all day about how Excalibur needs to do more chest, but that doesn't mean DE should go giving him proportionately sized pectoral muscles because of my fringe opinion. 

at the risk of feeding this troll, this issue runs a whole lot deeper than you're making it out to be. but sure, clearly pregnancy based trauma or general discomfort with PUTTING A PREGNANT WOMAN IN THE LINE OF FIRE is just a personal "fringe" issue, and we should *totally* get over ourselves because this one founder can't get a bigger 6 pack on excal.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Agall said:

How can you even compare those? We're not talking general occurances in real life, we're talking warriors on a battlefield.

Edited by PopocraftGD
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, PopocraftGD said:

How can you even compare those? We're not talking general occurances in real life, we're talking warriors on a battlefield.

Just like how Dante's beard isn't a safety hazard, or Kullervo's dozen knives in his chest, or all of the snag hazard tassels on multiple Warframes aren't snag/trip hazards.

All Warframes should resemble realistic warriors, yes, makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Luigispikachu said:

at the risk of feeding this troll, this issue runs a whole lot deeper than you're making it out to be. but sure, clearly pregnancy based trauma or general discomfort with PUTTING A PREGNANT WOMAN IN THE LINE OF FIRE is just a personal "fringe" issue, and we should *totally* get over ourselves because this one founder can't get a bigger 6 pack on excal.

Ah yes, the classic 'dismissing someone as a troll' argument.

This is a Scifi fantasy game with a focus on build and cosmetic creativity, not Battlefield or Call of Duty... Don't take yourself too seriously...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agall said:

Just like how Dante's beard isn't a safety hazard, or Kullervo's dozen knives in his chest, or all of the snag hazard tassels on multiple Warframes aren't snag/trip hazards.

This is a Scifi fantasy game with a focus on build and cosmetic creativity, not Battlefield or Call of Duty... Don't take yourself too seriously...

I never said realistic warriors. Tho I guess I should've specified scifi warriors. But still, you're perfectly fine comparing a tripping hazard to bringing a baby to a battlefield?

Even in a scifi setting, playing an action game as a pregnant woman is not right.

• Like 2

Lets just put it this way: We find it as weird as if someone put pregnant Spartans in Halo. Lore aside, this is a game that focuses on combat. Most of us asking for a toggle are simply saying we don't like imagery that puts pregnant women in combat scenarios, for one reason or another. Noone is saying anything along the bad faith arguments of saying  pregnant women aren't normal. We're just saying that a videogame about combat isn't something we want to have to be forced to see. I have a friend who actively leaves public sessions when he sees a Jade, for reasons personal to him and his family. My own opinion aside, I'd love to have the choice to play the new frame without making him uncomfortable.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Agall said:

my brother in light, you are dismissing my argument because "it's a game" and don't act like you aren't also doing that to everyone else

• Like 3

On 2024-06-20 at 2:37 PM, PopocraftGD said:

It makes no sense lore wise, since the baby is already out, and on top of all it's ugly.

????? nobody and most certainly devs don’t care what u think ab her appearance i think she’s badass if we are getting personal opinions

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WanderingJoe said:

I have a friend who actively leaves public sessions when he sees a Jade, for reasons personal to him and his family. My own opinion aside, I'd love to have the choice to play the new frame without making him uncomfortable.

can’t he just play friends only then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, plastacia said:

can’t he just play friends only then

He could, but not with any friends that want to use jade. Some of our friends are on your side and like her appearance. They're restricted to not playing as her out of respect for him if we all play together.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WanderingJoe said:

He could, but not with any friends that want to use jade. Some of our friends are on your side and like her appearance. They're restricted to not playing as her out of respect for him if we all play together.

i see, if possible i guess you could make a fashion to where it is unnoticeable that she has a bump or maybe stay out of his sight, as jades can go pretty high

On 2024-06-25 at 4:32 PM, Agall said:

I keep up to date on mainstream politics and have no idea what you're referring to.

If pregnancy is triggering, then they should complain to their mother, who brought them into this world, not Warframe's devs.

This is not the place to talk about real world politics anyway. But i'm referring to several stories in the news in my area where a pregnant woman was murdered(by a non citizen), which is happening all over my country, and it just happens to coincide with the release of this frame. Which is morbidly ironic for me, but I can understand some people not wanting to see this.

This has nothing to do with being offended at pregnancy. I have no idea why your brain went down that path. The fact that there's a dead mother and a dead baby is what the issue is my guy lol good lord.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, project_eulogy said:

This is not the place to talk about real world politics anyway. But i'm referring to several stories in the news in my area where a pregnant woman was murdered(by a non citizen), which is happening all over my country, and it just happens to coincide with the release of this frame. Which is morbidly ironic for me, but I can understand some people not wanting to see this.

This has nothing to do with being offended at pregnancy. I have no idea why your brain went down that path. The fact that there's a dead mother and a dead baby is what the issue is my guy lol good lord.

People are murdered all the time, the reality of the world. That has nothing to do with Warframe and entirely with your sensibilities. 

• Like 1

On 2024-06-25 at 1:26 PM, Stormandreas said:

Jade is lost, she's gone, yet, she's also here. How is that possible? Because Eternalism allows past, present and future versions of the same thing

this made me realize something,  there isn't a past version of the jade warframe that wasn't pregnant, so also from a lore standpoint it does not make sense giving her a flat form? though I will acknowledge I don't really know how lore friendly skin are.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:
On 2024-06-25 at 2:26 PM, Stormandreas said:

Jade is lost, she's gone, yet, she's also here. How is that possible? Because Eternalism allows past, present and future versions of the same thing

this made me realize something,  there isn't a past version of the jade warframe that wasn't pregnant, so also from a lore standpoint it does not make sense giving her a flat form? though I will acknowledge I don't really know how lore friendly skin are.

I may confused Eternalism with other theory but I think it's much more "versatile":

- Jade may not get pregnant - still Stalkee & Jade gets together

- Stalker gets pregnant (he is female, Jade is male)

- Frame can reproduce, Stalker recently (well in our time) got Jade pregnant but something gets wrong.

- Jade got pregnant... with her own child.

So on and so forth. So far we just have something close to our (Tenno's) reality. However I wouldn't say above are impossible. Improbable but not impossible.

23 minutes ago, quxier said:

Stalker gets pregnant (he is female, Jade is male)

this sounds like an argument for having warframe genders? do you suggest maybe (disgruntled) players would be happy with a "male jade" instead? but I get what you're saying you can handwave anything into existance with "space magic" (I mean the void)

Edited by _Anise_