Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pity system for Carnis, Thorax and Saxum mods

2 hours ago, Mover-NeRo said:

The pity system is that they are Tradable.

This. I'm honestly not a fan of how many pity systems they keep adding, which erodes most of the value from several items.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

Pretty much what the title says

Pity system for Carnis, Thorax and Saxum mods

Those mods are pretty cool but they're locked behind the endless mission on Cambion Drift, which has a drop system that is completely bonker and unfriendly

Locked isnt correct, they are drops 

2 hours ago, YOURteacher100 said:

Locked isnt correct, they are drops 

For Saxum and Carnis mods, yes, but the Jugulus set is currently only available from the bounty.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YOURteacher100 said:

Literally has the drop source in the codex, no wonder peanuts have allergy warnings

From what I can see, it appears that drnlmza is correct: the officially released drop tables do not show these mods as being dropped from anything but the bounty.  Based on my experiences working in game dev, I'm inclined to trust the officially released tables (which have legal ramifications in some locales) over the in-game codex.  Though why there would be a disparity between the two in the first place is an intriguing question.

Source: https://www.warframe.com/droptables

• Like 1

On 2024-06-21 at 11:52 AM, Voltage said:

This. I'm honestly not a fan of how many pity systems they keep adding, which erodes most of the value from several items.

Are you seriously complaining about pity systems in this game ?

Pity systems are good for this game because devs want you to have all the gear.

Pity systems are good because they help you avoid extreme bad luck, while such bad luck is rare it does happen to everyone from time to time, here is one example of what happen to me, I was farming prime access and one rare part it taken me over 20 radshares, keep in mind with radshares you have 92.02% chance of getting part you want in 6 radshares, quiet high but thats almost 8 people in 100 who wouldnt get it in 6 runs, but you have 99.03% chance of getting it in 11 runs, thats still almost 1 in 100 who wouldnt get it in 11 runs, in 17 runs you have 99.92% chance of getting it but I still didnt get it... I get it eventually on my 22 or 23 run, keep in mind that at 21 run chance of getting it is 99.99% and I still didnt get it, chance of such bad luck is 0.01% and it still happen to me.

Keep in mind rare shares have HIGH chance of droping something, imagine being within 0.01% for something that actually has low chance of droping, like things from the new mission to be within 0.01% you would have to do 175 runs  without getting part you want

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Are you seriously complaining about pity systems in this game ?

Pity systems are good for this game because devs want you to have all the gear.

Pity systems are good because they help you avoid extreme bad luck, while such bad luck is rare it does happen to everyone from time to time, here is one example of what happen to me, I was farming prime access and one rare part it taken me over 20 radshares, keep in mind with radshares you have 92.02% chance of getting part you want in 6 radshares, quiet high but thats almost 8 people in 100 who wouldnt get it in 6 runs, but you have 99.03% chance of getting it in 11 runs, thats still almost 1 in 100 who wouldnt get it in 11 runs, in 17 runs you have 99.92% chance of getting it but I still didnt get it... I get it eventually on my 22 or 23 run, keep in mind that at 21 run chance of getting it is 99.99% and I still didnt get it, chance of such bad luck is 0.01% and it still happen to me.

Keep in mind rare shares have HIGH chance of droping something, imagine being within 0.01% for something that actually has low chance of droping, like things from the new mission to be within 0.01% you would have to do 175 runs  without getting part you want

Pity systems solely exist as an excuse for bad reward systems. See: Gacha games and Tauforged Archon Shards from Archon Hunts. Also, if everything is predictably earned, and the investment isn't that high, the value of everything related to it becomes dirt cheap. This is why Riven Mods have become the only top item of value at endgame, and that's also annoying. Deep Archimedea introduced a potentially new item of value to trade given the investment and level it's earned, but those Arcanes are also in the pity system, so that's pretty much dead too.

I like the old fashioned RNG of Warframe. It's not a sprint race, it's an endurance test. It feels nice slowly cranking out a farm and finally saying "I've completed it", instead of new content just becoming a quick math equation. It took me longer to acquire all the original Ephemeras than it did for me to finish the major updates of Dagath, Dante, and now Jade combined. Most content becoming a cookie cutter vendor shop isn't exciting to be quite honest.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

Bah...the pity system has a meaning because the game has become very huge

New drops are a lesser problem from long term players that can get stuff in reasonable time, but for those who start the game now, the amount of stuff is INSANE

Now, for everyone bashing the pity system because it devalues trading...I think you have a bad jist of the game

The game is about playing and having fun, try stuff and so on...

You might have fun in sitting in trade chat and hoarding platinum (what for? there comes a time when a player has purchased everything...)...but it's a deviation

• Like 1

Trading is generally better than pity systems, unless you can get value on something you won't be able to trade.  DE does not give good value on pity systems, but sure I don't mind on new warframe grinds having this, because you can't trade their parts anyway.  It does devalue things  you can trade though, definitely.  Trading is far more rewarding for the player, even if you just do the minimum. 

Vosfor is a good example.  You get little value on what you turn in, but for most its okay, because you weren't going to trade it or you have so much you can't get rid of.  Pity systems everywhere would just take away the value from the player and if you're using a pity system in the first place that should be something you care about.  It's not about stockpiling plat, but rather about getting fair value for your time investment.

As far as the Jugulus set mods.  I'd probably lean towards trusting the codex over the official drop tables.  They don't even list the Jugulus Eximus in the official drop tables.  I highly doubt that it drops nothing.  It's a pretty rare enemy and I only have 1 of the 3 scans, so I can't even verify that the enemy scan confirms the drops, but maybe you guys have already done that.  I was just looking at the mod info section of codex.  Since I farmed these, or maybe even bought one if the price was right, but only have one scan, it's probably not a reliable source anyway. 

I recommend looking at the market and deciding if the farm for them is worth it.  Often times there are tedious grinds that can be skipped with a very cheap trade.  I don't really like to grind for hours vs paying like 20-30 plat for a mod I may not even use, especially if the grind isn't enjoyable.  Also, even with a pity system, you usually have to engage in that content a decent amount.