The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Boreal Archon Hunt Switched to Nira this Week to avoid Crashes & Next Steps

[DE]Danielle

will the percentage pity of Boreal be used, or the one for Nira? because it's saying 80% on my nira right now, is that from Boreal or from Nira? and if I get a tauforfed now, will that reset Boreal's or Nira's percentage back to 20%?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Soooo if I already killed Boreal, can I get another Archon Shard from Nira?

...asking for a friend. ☺️

apparently the Nira fight this week is just "cosmetic" and it doesn't give you a Yellow Shard, just a Blue one. because they didn't reset the Archon Sortie and haven't sent out Yellow Shards via mail either, so i assume that's how it works

7 minutes ago, Valfaun said:

apparently the Nira fight this week is just "cosmetic" and it doesn't give you a Yellow Shard, just a Blue one. because they didn't reset the Archon Sortie and haven't sent out Yellow Shards via mail either, so i assume that's how it works

The Office Crying GIF

Thanks for the heads up Dani. Regarding this:

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

In addition, we will also have an Azure Archon Shard alert live on all platforms that week in light of Boreal’s absence. This alert will require you to have the Veilbreaker Quest completed, as is the requirement to access Archon Hunts! 

As I understand this impacts getting Tauforged shards from the usual system, I'd recommend upping the tier of the alert shard to Tauforged. At the end of the day the playerbase is not at fault of the issue and I don't think the impact of such a grace reward would have negative impact in the long term player investment of the game as this should only happen once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexis00712 said:

will the percentage pity of Boreal be used, or the one for Nira? because it's saying 80% on my nira right now, is that from Boreal or from Nira? and if I get a tauforfed now, will that reset Boreal's or Nira's percentage back to 20%?

clarity on this would be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Sibblet said:

Thank you so much! My console friends are also struggling with the particles that Jade leaves behind (why they are there i have no idea or what they do) if there could be a fix for this, such as: remove the left over particle that jade leaves behind as it doesnt seem to mean anything that would be ideal!

Great job, love the game!

If this is what I think it is, we have a fix coming tomorrow to address the VFX lingering and causing performance issues :)  it was caused by the VFX from Ophanim Eyes lingering and not despawning. 

• Like 4

Are we ever going to address how archon defense is MUCH longer than almost everything else in the game? Averages around 20 min for no worthwhile rewards. You can almost do an entire elite Archimedian in the time it take to do just the defense in an archon hunt. The value is not there. I am at the point of not bothering to do archon hunts if there is a defence because it's an absolute waste of time. AND defense is the only mission that can reasonably fail too. Archon hunt mission time and rewards need to be brought in line with the rest of the game.

Also side note: you can give chipper overguard, but it never shows on the hud (on his body healthbar, but not the one you have on the left).

Edited by Void2258
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Greap229 said:

I did it today and it said nira with the amber archon shard but I got the azure shard instead.

Please read the actual post before you comment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Void2258 said:

Are we ever going to address how archon defense is MUCH longer than almost everything else in the game? Averages around 20 min for no worthwhile rewards. You can almost do an entire elite Archimedian in the time it take to do just the defense in an archon hunt. The value is not there. I am at the point of not bothering to do archon hunts if there is a defence because it's an absolute waste of time. AND defense is the only mission that can reasonably fail too. Archon hunt mission time and rewards need to be brought in line with the rest of the game.

Also side note: you can give chipper overguard, but it never shows on the hud (on his body healthbar, but not the one you have on the left).

Padding, they don't want you to complete it fast

Just now, Jivy said:

Padding, they don't want you to complete it fast

There is a difference between taking some time and taking so much time literally anything in the game is a better use of it.

You can almost do an Elite Deep Archemedia for up to 5 shards or about 3 netracells for possibly 3 shards in the same timespan as this one mission out of 3 worth only 1 shard. Even if you fail the DA after the first mission you still come out ahead in both value and time compared to JUST the archon defense mission.

This is not the only endless-limited conversion mission out of whack with the time/reward balance of the rest of the game, but it is by far the worst offender.

Ah so I wasn't the only one that got that random crash. It is extremely rare for Warframe to crash on me like that so I was quite puzzled. Ran the mission again and we didnt have any issues thankfully. Thanks DE for snagging this thing and keep up the amazing work! While I am here, thanks for the awesome work on the Jade Shadows update! It's one of my favorite updates in the 8ish years I have played so thanks for all the love and hard work ya'll have been doing on these updates lately!!!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)RogueSX:

Got an azure shard from the nira archon hunt. i didn't do the boreal one earlier this week due to not needing an azure's anymore. i will be submitting a ticket but wanted to warn everyone as well as maybe alert dev team faster to try to get this fixed. 

That's how it is supposed to work. Nira is just the boss replacement, the reward pool stays the same. That's why azure shard.

27 minutes ago, Helverin said:

That's how it is supposed to work. Nira is just the boss replacement, the reward pool stays the same. That's why azure shard.

ty i relooked and ur correct but still doesnt change the fact that i just wasted my time doing a hunt for no reason since in game it was still showing the amber shard and from what was posted

In addition, we will also have an Azure Archon Shard alert live on all platforms that week in light of Boreal’s absence. This alert will require you to have the Veilbreaker Quest completed, as is the requirement to access Archon Hunts!

aka i had too many reason to think it was in fact gonna give an amber. 

18 hours ago, Alexis00712 said:

Hiya! So the percentage used is still Boreal :) Which means that if you get a Tauforged Azure Shard it will reset for Boreal. 

• Like 3

你好,设计师,我是一名忠实的WF玩家,我们氏族今天很多人发现钓鱼不可以瞄准,鼠标右键无效。我英语不好,在使用翻译器回复在这里,希望你能看到。

Hello designer, I am a loyal WF player, many of our clans today find that fishing can not be aimed, and the right mouse button is invalid. I don't speak English well, reply here using the translator, hope you can see it.

2 minutes ago, alcxmeteor said:

你好,设计师,我是一名忠实的WF玩家,我们氏族今天很多人发现钓鱼不可以瞄准,鼠标右键无效。我英语不好,在使用翻译器回复在这里,希望你能看到。

Hello designer, I am a loyal WF player, many of our clans today find that fishing can not be aimed, and the right mouse button is invalid. I don't speak English well, reply here using the translator, hope you can see it.

Hello! This is intended :) We temporarily disabled aiming with fishing spears in the last Hotfix: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1401748-jade-shadows-hotfix-3603/

• Temporarily disabled Aiming Down Sights on fishing spears to prevent a soft-lock issue. 
    • The full fix for this issue requires Code for a future update, so for the time being we have done the above to ensure that players going through Quests with fishing stages are able to complete them without getting stuck. 

• Like 1