Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait, how does she use the Jade light, a disintegration beam, to buff, heal and resurrect people??

On 2024-07-06 at 1:06 PM, Prof-Dante said:

Wait, how does she use the Jade light, a disintegration beam, to buff, heal and resurrect people??

In reality, anything in excess is harmful.  Think of all the things humans need to survive.  Without enough water we die of dehydration.  With too much water we drown or experience other horrifying kinds of death.

So it would be no surprise to me that something with the ability to "heal" would harm if amplified to a certain degree.

On 2024-07-07 at 12:40 AM, Prof-Dante said:

can't he just say "once upon a time, the tenno destroyed the man in the wall, the end" and then we win?

I would assume that Noctua works the way it does on CE (Conceptual Embodiment, you will it, it happens) which the Void absolutely can, and which wally uses.. but if we consider CE to like an elemental type.. well, Wally uses it, or even IS CE manifest, so it makes sense he would be immune to the effects of CE, right?. Dante writes "wally dies like a bish lol" but before it can take effect wally casts "nuh uh, Dante makes a fool of himself", and reverses the effect. essentially the two could in theory duke it out directly, but neither would win because they could just keep Uno reversing one another when in any real danger.

this is just speculating though. as for the Jade Light, well, how does volt make shields out of electricity when electricity is not even a solid thing? there's obviously additional programming and what not along with magical apsects, or again, Conceptual Embodiment at play, that just allows it to happen. maybe the Jade Light could originally have been MADE for healing, but then Ballas decided "nah green death lasers are more fun" and bastardized the design into the deadly Jade Light we have now. wouldn't be the first or even 100th time the Orokin have ruined something.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I would assume that Noctua works the way it does on CE (Conceptual Embodiment, you will it, it happens) which the Void absolutely can, and which wally uses.. but if we consider CE to like an elemental type.. well, Wally uses it, or even IS CE manifest, so it makes sense he would be immune to the effects of CE, right?. Dante writes "wally dies like a bish lol" but before it can take effect wally casts "nuh uh, Dante makes a fool of himself", and reverses the effect. essentially the two could in theory duke it out directly, but neither would win because they could just keep Uno reversing one another when in any real danger.

this is just speculating though. as for the Jade Light, well, how does volt make shields out of electricity when electricity is not even a solid thing? there's obviously additional programming and what not along with magical apsects, or again, Conceptual Embodiment at play, that just allows it to happen. maybe the Jade Light could originally have been MADE for healing, but then Ballas decided "nah green death lasers are more fun" and bastardized the design into the deadly Jade Light we have now. wouldn't be the first or even 100th time the Orokin have ruined something.

I think parts of why Dante cant just do a WF version of Wanda's "no more mutants" is because of the whole embodiment thing. I dont think the removal of something from exsistance is covered by it in that way. It is more the spontaneous creation of things if uncontrolled or the intended creation of things if controlled. So Dante could possibly at best manifest something that could potentially beat Wally if it is realistically possible. But he would likely need to know what is needed in order to beat Wally aswell, since emotions and desire come into play regarding what is manifested. Much like how a frame can potentially manifest something as a tool that then removes something from exsistance, like being able to restructure molecules or open black holes, call the power of the sun or channel the jade light etc.

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think parts of why Dante cant just do a WF version of Wanda's "no more mutants" is because of the whole embodiment thing. I dont think the removal of something from exsistance is covered by it in that way. It is more the spontaneous creation of things if uncontrolled or the intended creation of things if controlled. So Dante could possibly at best manifest something that could potentially beat Wally if it is realistically possible. But he would likely need to know what is needed in order to beat Wally aswell, since emotions and desire come into play regarding what is manifested. Much like how a frame can potentially manifest something as a tool that then removes something from exsistance, like being able to restructure molecules or open black holes, call the power of the sun or channel the jade light etc.

So Dante uses Noctua to manifest his conceptual embodied stories, but as with other Warframes, his manifestations aren't all-powerful or have a long scale effect, because although Warframe's energy last forever, it's still a finite amount.

similar to how you won't see Limbo turn the universe into the rift, or why Wisp can't open a small portal to the sun but can't enlarge it enough to destroy everything.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-10 at 7:53 PM, Prof-Dante said:

So Dante uses Noctua to manifest his conceptual embodied stories, but as with other Warframes, his manifestations aren't all-powerful or have a long scale effect, because although Warframe's energy last forever, it's still a finite amount.

similar to how you won't see Limbo turn the universe into the rift, or why Wisp can't open a small portal to the sun but can't enlarge it enough to destroy everything.

To interject. I think it's also important to note that the Dante we use (every frame for that mater) is NOT the Dante Drusus knew. We use "hollow copies" of Dante. An empty frame that acts and has the powers of Dante but not the knowledge and history of. Like someone making an outward copy of a book, it might look and feel exactly the same as an original; but when you open it up the pages are empty or filled with gibberish. At best you might find a cliff-notes synopsis of the book's content.  It fills the function of the original, but just barely. 

So could the original Dante do absolutely mad things with the grimoire? Sure, but he didn't because he went bat-sh*t mad and got eaten by the Void. Or by the book. I'm pretty sure they are one and the same and the thing we use is, again, a functional copy without ever actually seeing the original. 

I will, of course add that this is all conjecture based on stuff from Sacrifice, stories about frames doing their own thing and Ordis's comments about Jade. 

• Like 1