Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help for surviving.

Element_all

Question

Hello! I am a long time player and I'd only recently had issues surviving. I made a post in bug reports > General Bugs about if there were any instances of certain Eximus Units dealing unforeseen amounts of damage. 

However, my friend is staying alive much more consistently, despite using some warframes that are similar to the ones I use in terms of survivability potential. I'm wondering if it's just a skill issue or if there is something I'm doing wrong, perhaps something he is doing better, etc.

Other than simply changing warframes to revenant, since that's boring, and my Nidus has been faring the best out of them all, I wanted to ask all of you on what survivability tips you might be able to provide.

To give more context of what kind of damage I'm trying to survive against: I see my Health is full, then it suddenly goes from ~1k -> 0 within 0.5s. I have high doubts that armor increases will help that much, and I can't really fit things like Rolling Guard or Adaptation into my builds without a lot of consideration. 

To give even more context, I'm only experiencing this issue within Omnia Fissures, namely both Conjunction Survival nodes and Persto: Murmur Survival. 

8 answers to this question

Hey,

There are universal ways to make yourself less vulnerable:

• do not stand still / keep moving / use parkour techniques if in open field
  • utilise soft cover that abuses the third person perspective (aim from around a corner or behind a pillar).
  • kill or cc the enemies faster (certain status effects offer crowd control - cold slows the enemies down, heat makes them "dance" etc, your pet/sentinel can offer great assistance
  • keep your distance from enemies (at least 10 meters, unless you want to melee), it allows you to not be hit in melee (certain enemies do) and gives you more time to get out of the way of projectiles
  • do not dive into crowds of enemies unless feeling very tanky - more enemies, less predictability, bigger stagger potential
  • avoid bad stuff on the ground

There are more specific ways get yourself more tanky, without buffing your Health/Shield values: Transference, Health Regen, %dmg resistance abilities and mods (Adaptation), armor, shield gate etc, but should not be needed below Steel Path content.

Edited by Zakkhar

4 hours ago, Element_all said:

To give more context of what kind of damage I'm trying to survive against: I see my Health is full, then it suddenly goes from ~1k -> 0 within 0.5s. I have high doubts that armor increases will help that much, and I can't really fit things like Rolling Guard or Adaptation into my builds without a lot of consideration. 

Do you play Nidus? If not what is going on with your shield? Moment of shield break should be a moment where you disengage/go into cover/transference. For Health without any %dmg reduction there is not much difference between 300 or 1000. With damage reduction/mitigation its massive (eg. my Baruuk has 280 HP/465 shield and I run him SP lvl 3000+ content/EDA without any issues)

@Element_all

In the future when you die, leave the game running and just alt tab out to look. Go to this website https://semlar.com/deathlog and you can see what killed you.

Death Log Parser
This tool reads through your EE.log file and identifies the cause of death for anyone on your team. Your log file is located at %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.log in windows.

Your log file is not uploaded to the server. Everything is processed locally in your browser.

It can take up to 10 seconds for the log file to update with a new entry after a player dies if you're using this while the game is running, so if a recent death isn't showing up just wait a bit and try again.

The log file is erased every time the game is launched; you will lose the data from your previous session if you restart the game without making a backup copy of the old EE.log file.

This is how it displays the information.

The information below is what got the last hit, which won't always be useful, but it's better than nothing.

Player identified as <Slayer-.>
LOG DATE - 11/07/2021, 11:58:30
13:01:02 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 343 health by a level 90 NAPALM using a NapalmLauncher
13:06:35 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 58 health by a level 100 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:21:37 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 960 health by a level 128 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 261 health by a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> killed by 959 damage at 262 health from a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:41:49 - <Slayer-.> killed by 72 damage at 16 health from a level 175 ELITE LANCER using a AIGrnBurstRifle
LOG ENDS - 11/07/2021, 13:43:50

It will help you try and work out what's killing you.

You may be getting killed with a toxin proc or it's a bug.

Edited by Slayer-.
format

The biggest difference between me and my friend when we have similar loadouts and he survives fine and I die all the time is that he shield gates via popping out as operator and Vazarin Protective Sling himself.  It is impressive what he's able to survive.  So as the second post alluded to, beside loadout, playstyle is a huge factor in survivability. Have you talked to your friend who is doing better than you and compared notes on what each of you do in tough fights?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Element_all said:

Nidus has been faring the best out of them all

9 hours ago, Element_all said:

I can't really fit things like Rolling Guard or Adaptation into my builds without a lot of consideration. 

To give even more context, I'm only experiencing this issue within Omnia Fissures, namely both Conjunction Survival nodes and Persto: Murmur Survival. 

These are newer game modes that have pushed enemy levels higher than normal content, and with them enemy damage has increased.  Nidus is going to have a hard time surviving with just his 3 active.  You'll want to supplement the DR he already has with another form of DR.  Adaptation is great, as are armor mods or even Mirage's Eclipse subsume.  But honestly, unless your favorite way to play is largely camping in one room, I'd switch off of Nidus and pick a frame with shields.

Brief Respite for an aura and an augur mod or two (from the augur set) are often enough to keep a frame with shields alive.  Simply use an ability or two when your shields drop, and you'll get some shields back.  It also helps to instantly annihilate any enemy you face with maxed out builds for your weapons of course, but quick reflexes and a little light shield gating are often all this game asks for.

It may also be worthwhile to consider building in rad procs in your loadouts.  An epitaph or similarly high status weapon with radiation damage on it can instantly take the pressure off of your frame and your team by making the enemies turn against each other.  If you don't want to change out your weapons, you can put radiation damage on a sentinel's weapon pretty easily.  As long as it has decent status like the helstrum or verglas, it should do fine.

If you want more suggestions or help, consider posting about which other frames you like using.  There may be specific strategies to keep them afloat.

13 hours ago, Element_all said:

Other than simply changing warframes to revenant, since that's boring, and my Nidus has been faring the best out of them all, I wanted to ask all of you on what survivability tips you might be able to provide.

Kudos for not falling back on Revenant copium.

Unfortunately, I'd qualify Nidus as one of worst frames at the moment. Health tanking with him is difficult without heavy investment.

Subsume gloom over his 4. Slot any combination of mods, arcanes, or shards to reach 1200 armor...which is the "sweet spot" for innate health damage reduction. He's the best frame worth using multiple umbra forma on where as most other frames don't need the armor, health, or power strength they provide. Slotting Arcane Grace is cozy, a blue archon shard for health regen as an alright option as well, or use the Rejuvenation aura mod if you don't have either of the previous options. Lastly, adaptation feels mandatory.

Budget Build

Rejuvenation - Handspring

Steel Fiber, Vitality, Adaptation, Equilibrium, Health Conversion, Quick Thinking, Natural Talent, ??? (flex slot).

Arcane Battery - Molt Reconstruct

Invested Build

Corrosive Projection - Primed Sure Footed

Umbral Fiber, Umbral Vitality, Hunter Adrenaline, Adaptation, Equilibrium, Health Conversion, Quick Thinking, ??? (flex slot).

Arcane Battery - Arcane Grace

2x yellow shards, casting speed.

2x shards ??? (blue for health regen or red for power strength / duration)

Theory

You're not stripping armor with abilities.

You need either corrosive / cold or viral / heat on your weapon to overcome that hurdle.

If you prefer viral / heat, ignore the suggestion of using a green shard for higher corrosive stack.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Element_all:

Hello! I am a long time player and I'd only recently had issues surviving. I made a post in bug reports > General Bugs about if there were any instances of certain Eximus Units dealing unforeseen amounts of damage. 

However, my friend is staying alive much more consistently, despite using some warframes that are similar to the ones I use in terms of survivability potential. I'm wondering if it's just a skill issue or if there is something I'm doing wrong, perhaps something he is doing better, etc.

Noobs use it because they have no idea about the game. When I saw the highly voted build for Harrow on overframe, I had tears in my eyes after laughing.

Almost all my Warframes are Health Tank. What I would do:

1. Heap of Blue Shards for Health/Armor for your nidus. Ideally, the thing has 2K Health and 800 Armor.
  2. Arcane Grace! Especially with so much armor you have useful constant regeneration.
  3. Weapons with Heat or Rad Proc! Even if damage gets lower, the enemies don't shot at you.
  4. verglas with Cold+Corr and Mod with 6m cold spread.
  5. Optional: DEF Skill from Helmith like Ocvavia Ball.

You can use Void SP Ani Surv as a test. Because such a garbage with Rolling Guard hardly survives solo. But my builds can facetank. In the group you even have EZ mode.

On 2024-07-18 at 11:01 AM, Element_all said:

You haven't really given much info to make any recommendations.

Could you share your loadout and frame mod setup ?

And what level enemies , factions and missions are you running where you observe this ?

Edited by 0_The_F00l