The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do they double down with unnecessary annoying systems/mechanics/visuals?

hace 6 horas, kuciol dijo:

This game is all about collecting things. Its either time gating or insenly low drop rates, pick your poison.

Honestly I'd pick low drop rates anytime, at least I generally can do those without limits.

10 minutes ago, Leonicos_CG said:

Oh look, the same thing you said before whinning about what I already stated it was a joke, good job!

And when I say something, yes, I belive im right, saying something that I believe is wrong doesnt make much sense to me and im always open to be proven wrong but your argumentation is usually ''game gud'' ''u bad'' ''git gud'' I will just take you as a joke and ignore you. If you want to be mad be it but do it privately, this is just sad to look at.

Yes, youre right, im wrong, and there should be no cap in this game in standings or focus, that includes standings for syndicates, and there should be no timegate as well in crafting, and no knock downs and ragdoll (because ragdoll ends up with knock down), and that the reason why this mechanics still exist is because of the Devs choose to keep it in the game in the same moronic way.

you can now take your victory lap.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Leonicos_CG said:

. I myself been playing on and off for years because the daily caps/missions creates burns out

I'd like to know how a game politely nudging you "wow you've been going at this for a good four hours or so. Why not take a break for the night and come back tomorrow?" Is making you MORE burnt out

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Leonicos_CG said:

Honestly I'd pick low drop rates anytime, at least I generally can do those without limits.

Limits are better because those with less time to play dont feel like they are missing out. Your points are completely ludicrous. Why effects are as invasive as they are? So that players have them telegraphed and you can lower them a lot in options. Why knockdowns exist? So that enemies could fight back even a little. Why are there limits? So that you would play longer and items had some value and you wont burn through whole game in a week. Why craft times? So that you will come back later. You display complete lack of basic logical thinking.

Edited by kuciol
  • Like 2

On 2024-07-21 at 7:52 AM, Leonicos_CG said:
  • Being knock down: Oh boy, I LOVE to spend a few seconds stunned on the ground while I keep getting hit by other enemies everytime a volatile eximus decides to do a explosion with a huge area of effect or an ambula/moa stomps the ground creating a circle of knock down effect on the ground. I know there is some mods that may help with that but not only it would mean wasting capacity on your warframe for BASIC QoL but also the effect on its own goes agaisnt the very nature of the fast paced gameplay.

Use Handspring, until you're given PSF on log-in reward.

Other mods you'd use in that slot increase stats in an insignificant way.

• Like 1

On 2024-07-21 at 5:52 AM, Leonicos_CG said:

Been playing the game on and off for years and there is always little things that I dont understand with some of this game aspects:

• Bright AF lighting from enemys, skills or areas: Why did they though that a obnoxiusly bright visual effect that also makes everything darker on the room would be good gameplay wise? Seriusly why? And for what they showed on the new Soulframe they are carrying it on to that game too, do they even play their own games?

• Being knock down: Oh boy, I LOVE to spend a few seconds stunned on the ground while I keep getting hit by other enemies everytime a volatile eximus decides to do a explosion with a huge area of effect or an ambula/moa stomps the ground creating a circle of knock down effect on the ground. I know there is some mods that may help with that but not only it would mean wasting capacity on your warframe for BASIC QoL but also the effect on its own goes agaisnt the very nature of the fast paced gameplay. If is fast paced why are you creating an effect that basically freezes you and can be spammed by enemies if their AI chooses too.
  • Reputation/Focus: There is absolune no reason, zero, none at all to have daily limits ON ANYTHING in a game which core gameplay is based on grinding, even less when there is not even an incentive on the devs ends, they didnt even attempted to monetized it so they dont even have an excuse or reason. I do remenber reading something the CEO said on twitter about the focus system, something about a way to prevent exploit abusers and that the limit was a ''temporaly fix''... he said that NINE YEARS AGO 
    and it still remains the same moronic way. I also heard the daily caps was to prevent burnouts. Let me make this clear, if your system needs to be grind to such a degree that can cause burnout on its own to players that engage with it, then the problem is not the amount of time you can engage with the system but the time they HAVE to spend in order to reach their objectives, whether is to reach lvl 5 with a faction in order to get certain mod/blueprint or to max out a skill tree or one of those passives that can be used even if you have a different tree active.

• Crafting times system: Everyone knows this one so ill keep it short, they shouldnt exist. I know, I know, such a hot take.

This is mostly just a rant but I really wish they changed this bs things.

I never thought I would disagree with someone's entire rant before but I think this is the one. I'll keep me responses short:

Lighting: Lighting is easily adjustable, and allows players to go as crazy, or as minimal, as they want. Since captura, dojo decor, and other artist "playgrounds" exists, DE is allowing for some creativity. For reference, I don't have a reason to complain because I dialed it to optimal levels for me. It was super simple to do too.

Knock Downs: Whenever on a mission that has a special enemy tactic, prepare for it. I don't use PSF and still have found several ways to combat the heaviest areas that use knockdowns. And knockdowns are only common on Fortuna, usually at max alert or with Profit Taker. Not even Ascension has this at a common level. 

Rep/Focus: What's the rush? DE wants progression. Lack of good progressive features causes rush players to rush and quit. It's significantly more rewarding to work up to a reward. We already have a ton of instant, near instant, short term and mid term rewards and unlocks. We can literally work towards all of those simultaneously, so why not create a gaming infrastructure that supports all types of reward structures? 

Crafting Times: Same as above. While one item is cooking, we're passively collecting tons more to either cook or use instantly. Let us have anticipation, suspense and rest periods. And why shouldn't DE offer a rush mechanic for those who want it ASAP? It is the best balance of earning company revenue and being fair. Why remove this just to rush? 

• Like 2

Lighting: There are effects. There are also plenty of settings to turn down those effects or even turn them up to your own preferences.

Knock-downs: You literally have the prevention of knock-downs built into the base movement functions (dodge roll). Outside of that there's basic tactics to avoid knock-down such as not walking into range of enemies that can knock you down, or rolling out of grappling hooks. The only one that you need to actually mod for is the one we do to ourselves with our own radial weapons. That last one being literally implemented to make it annoying to use those weapons without either using a mod or an ability to counter them. So you won't get rid of those until some other limiting factor comes into being (DE have been threatening the return of self-damage for years now).

And lastly...

Standing caps and build timers: This is where your goal as a player, and DE's goal as a business will always conflict.

DE want you, the player, to play every single day. Not for long sessions, not entirely, just every day. Coming back again and again, week on week, month on month. They don't care if that's just for five minutes to set off another item in the Foundry, or whether that's to play an hour of high level content, or if it's to take a friend through a few star chart nodes.

The point of it is regular daily play.

Why? Because over the last 11 years (count that again, that's eleven years, plenty of time to prove a system) it's been shown that the most profitable model for DE is getting players to come back like that. It means that they can make their monetisation system work.

Now, what do I mean by 'make it work'? I mean that the players that are going to pay for the game, pay for Plat, are at a massively increased chance of doing that if they play regularly, if they play every day. And once those players have Platinum in their accounts, what's the next step? It's how to get them to pay for Plat again at the quickest point. That's why there's Trading for Plat. So that players who do not want to pay for the game will play the game and Trade the Plat away from the paying players. The non-paying players then use it, spend it, it's gone.

When the Plat is no longer in the accounts of the paying players, those players are more likely to go back and buy more Plat, and so the cycle repeats.

But Birdframe, I hear you about to try and complain, what does that have to do with standing caps?

It forces players that want to have the things behind Standing systems to come back again tomorrow. All of these tactics are made to push that idea, of coming back regularly, so that paying players are more likely to pay, and then trading players are more likely to trade.

It's entirely built to reduce the intervals between players that will pay for the game buying Plat, by having players that won't pay drain the accounts of the paying players.

Every time you feel like DE wants you to pay for something instead of playing the game, but you don't buy, somebody else is tempted to buy.

Build timers, standing caps, the weekly Nightwave, the weekly Archons, the three month cycles between new Frames and new Primes and new update news... All of it to funnel players into coming back again and again and again, for little gaming sessions every day, where if they miss a day, that's a whole stack of Standing they didn't get...

And is that against what we want as players? Yes. Is that actually quite a stunning example of anti-consumer design hidden behind a veil of being legitimately the current fairest monetisation system in the Live Service industry? Definitely.

But that's definitely not going to change any time soon.

We got lucky that DE changed their minds about the Heirlooms and started doing fairer monetisation of those. Because if their sponsors had their way, the Mag and Frost Heirlooms would have been only the start, and your standing caps and build timers would have been the absolute least problematic thing you'd encounter.

Sorry to say, this one? This one you'll just have to deal with.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
hace 2 horas, GEN-Son_17 dijo:

I never thought I would disagree with someone's entire rant before but I think this is the one. I'll keep me responses short:

Lighting: Lighting is easily adjustable, and allows players to go as crazy, or as minimal, as they want. Since captura, dojo decor, and other artist "playgrounds" exists, DE is allowing for some creativity. For reference, I don't have a reason to complain because I dialed it to optimal levels for me. It was super simple to do too.

Knock Downs: Whenever on a mission that has a special enemy tactic, prepare for it. I don't use PSF and still have found several ways to combat the heaviest areas that use knockdowns. And knockdowns are only common on Fortuna, usually at max alert or with Profit Taker. Not even Ascension has this at a common level. 

Rep/Focus: What's the rush? DE wants progression. Lack of good progressive features causes rush players to rush and quit. It's significantly more rewarding to work up to a reward. We already have a ton of instant, near instant, short term and mid term rewards and unlocks. We can literally work towards all of those simultaneously, so why not create a gaming infrastructure that supports all types of reward structures? 

Crafting Times: Same as above. While one item is cooking, we're passively collecting tons more to either cook or use instantly. Let us have anticipation, suspense and rest periods. And why shouldn't DE offer a rush mechanic for those who want it ASAP? It is the best balance of earning company revenue and being fair. Why remove this just to rush? 

Lighting: Already stated that the settings are not good enough to mitigate the issue, there is also a forced contrast changes due how the lighting works, caused by the bright lighting spikes caused by some enemys, General Sargas would be an exmple of this, whenever you get close to him, the bright effect he have from his attacks and weak points will change the contrast of the screen basically blinding you.

The rest: Already talked about it more than enough on the comments.

Edited by Leonicos_CG
  • Like 1

hace 4 horas, TARINunit9 dijo:

I'd like to know how a game politely nudging you "wow you've been going at this for a good four hours or so. Why not take a break for the night and come back tomorrow?" Is making you MORE burnt out

Im just messing around now but it would be hilarious if now they also limited the amount of time you can play the game a day.

Posted (edited)
hace 1 hora, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Standing caps and build timers: This is where your goal as a player, and DE's goal as a business will always conflict.

DE want you, the player, to play every single day. Not for long sessions, not entirely, just every day. Coming back again and again, week on week, month on month. They don't care if that's just for five minutes to set off another item in the Foundry, or whether that's to play an hour of high level content, or if it's to take a friend through a few star chart nodes.

The point of it is regular daily play.

Why? Because over the last 11 years (count that again, that's eleven years, plenty of time to prove a system) it's been shown that the most profitable model for DE is getting players to come back like that. It means that they can make their monetisation system work.

Now, what do I mean by 'make it work'? I mean that the players that are going to pay for the game, pay for Plat, are at a massively increased chance of doing that if they play regularly, if they play every day. And once those players have Platinum in their accounts, what's the next step? It's how to get them to pay for Plat again at the quickest point. That's why there's Trading for Plat. So that players who do not want to pay for the game will play the game and Trade the Plat away from the paying players. The non-paying players then use it, spend it, it's gone.

When the Plat is no longer in the accounts of the paying players, those players are more likely to go back and buy more Plat, and so the cycle repeats.

But Birdframe, I hear you about to try and complain, what does that have to do with standing caps?

It forces players that want to have the things behind Standing systems to come back again tomorrow. All of these tactics are made to push that idea, of coming back regularly, so that paying players are more likely to pay, and then trading players are more likely to trade.

It's entirely built to reduce the intervals between players that will pay for the game buying Plat, by having players that won't pay drain the accounts of the paying players.

Every time you feel like DE wants you to pay for something instead of playing the game, but you don't buy, somebody else is tempted to buy.

Build timers, standing caps, the weekly Nightwave, the weekly Archons, the three month cycles between new Frames and new Primes and new update news... All of it to funnel players into coming back again and again and again, for little gaming sessions every day, where if they miss a day, that's a whole stack of Standing they didn't get...

And is that against what we want as players? Yes. Is that actually quite a stunning example of anti-consumer design hidden behind a veil of being legitimately the current fairest monetisation system in the Live Service industry? Definitely.

But that's definitely not going to change any time soon.

We got lucky that DE changed their minds about the Heirlooms and started doing fairer monetisation of those. Because if their sponsors had their way, the Mag and Frost Heirlooms would have been only the start, and your standing caps and build timers would have been the absolute least problematic thing you'd encounter.

Sorry to say, this one? This one you'll just have to deal with.

Biggest truth on the entire post so far, I already had in mind that dailys exist just to create a routine so the devs can do a coin toss for you to spend money but I appreciate deeper explanation for this case in particular.

Also dont get me wrong, I would be delusional if I really expected for them to change any of the monetary parts of the game (I still think they should some tuning with the timers for crafting tho), as I said originally this was just a rant (cope) about wishing wasnt this way.

Edited by Leonicos_CG
  • Like 2

hace 12 horas, kuciol dijo:

You are delusional because you think of those things as problems when they are good design decisions.

Lmao no, the stuff that was not related to the monetization of the game are trash game design and the stuff that was related to the monetization are good design to create benefits but they are still negative factors for the game and players so basically intentional bad design to create profit. Not saying that is wrong, im just saying saying what it is. 
You are the delusional one when you go on and try to defend it saying is good design.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leonicos_CG said:

Lmao no, the stuff that was not related to the monetization of the game are trash game design and the stuff that was related to the monetization are good design to create benefits but they are still negative factors for the game and players so basically intentional bad design to create profit. Not saying that is wrong, im just saying saying what it is. 
You are the delusional one when you go on and try to defend it saying is good design.

Because it is good. The limits remove the pressure from players, those with less time to play dont feel like they are missing out. Thanks to that we also can have decent drop rates, so again less frustration from not getting things we want. About knockdowns i wont even coment because thats like staple in any game with combat, obstacle you need to overcome with build or just playing better. This is live service game meant to be played for years and is entirely revolving around collecting. Framing is all there is to do in this game, thats what it is about. The timers, the limits even the reasorce aquisition are proven to work. Sometimes they miss the mark with amounts (hema) but overall it works for both players and company.

• Like 1

You are the delusional one when you go on and try to defend it saying is good design

As mentioned, my friend, it sadly is good design.

Just not entirely for us.

To their credit, DE actually do a lot for us, the players, in how they actually monetise the game.

DE's monetisation is incredibly fair compared to other games out there on the market. Everything in the game is available through playing the game. The only things that aren't are time-skips for the free stuff, and cosmetics that are one-time-only purchases. Most importantly DE's tiering of the Platinum packs uses the 'give them extra' strategy, instead of the 'next pack up' strategy.

Spoiler

For explanation; if you look at The First Descendant, with Nexon running the monetisation, they use the strategy of pricing an item or bundle just higher than their Caliber packs. You cannot earn Caliber in game, you cannot trade it. 

The equivalent of a Reactor in First Descendant, which increases your Mod capacity and cannot be earned in game (it's only available to buy), costs 1200 Caliber. Unfortunately the $20 pack of Caliber only gets you 1060. The next tier up, to afford enough Caliber to get it, is actually the $50 tier which gets you 2750 Caliber. Or you have to spend another purchase of one of the lower packs, like an extra $5 to get 250 Caliber.

That's the 'next pack up' strategy.

DE's strategy is to have the highest of their normal cosmetics cost 75 Plat, and the lowest bundle on the list gives you 75. When you crank that up, you have the next tier giving you 170 and the next giving you 370. Meanwhile in the market, items tend to go for amounts like 150-160 or 300-350. And so on.

This leaves the player with extra 10 or 20 Plat that they can think 'oh, maybe I'll want something else later, I'll buy another bundle when I want it'.

It's a more positive way of approaching the monetisation, the 'give them extra' strategy, and encourages players to come back to the shop, rather than forcing them to pay for power.

What's amazing is how well they walk that line between encouraging players to pay and allowing players to just play. It is a stunning piece of design, and I've been watching it self-sustain with a frightening level of competence since 2013.

See?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
hace 54 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

As mentioned, my friend, it sadly is good design.

Just not entirely for us.

Well yeah, thats what I said.

hace 3 horas, Leonicos_CG dijo:

Stuff that was related to the monetization are good design to create benefits but they are still negative factors for the game and players so basically intentional bad design to create profit.

Intentional bad design for you and I, the player.

Edited by Leonicos_CG

On 2024-07-23 at 5:16 AM, Leonicos_CG said:

You should go play The First Descendant.

No. This isn't me being a jerk and saying: Leave. This is me offering a legitimate suggestion. As that game leans more towards what you desire then.

Currently my friend is on hour 8 of his grind for a new descendant. (Low drop rate) But he's enjoying it.

I think he got Ultimate Bunny or Lepit after like 72hrs of grinding or something. I don't remember.

For me that's a hard no. 

Edit: Cat Knocked my phone out of my hand and I hit post catching it...

As for the OP.

1. Lighting is a setting.

There are just as many people who want crazy lighting and photorealistic graphics as there are folks who see it as unnecessary.

2. Knockdowns

Every game has these. It's kind of just part of combat. Stuns, sleeps, knockdowns, disarms, etc. they are penalties. And in a game as power fantasy as Warframe, they are the only things to ever put a player in danger. 

There are literally items in the game that effectively turn this off. 

3. Caps

Yeah, every game does this. Otherwise players burn through content in literal days to a week, then they spend months to years crying that there is no content, the game is dead, boring, etc.

Edited by Aerikx
  • Like 2

hace 1 hora, Aerikx dijo:

You should go play The First Descendant.

Crafting times present aswell + Nexon is involved on the creation of the game, the same Nexon that lost a lawsuit agaist them acussing them of messing with drop chances in order to make it impossible to get certain items. Thanks for the suggestion regardless.

1. Lighting is a setting.

That fails at mitigating the issue as I said several times already, read the comments or dont respond

2. Knockdowns

In a game as power fantasy as Warframe, they are the only things to ever put a player in danger. 

There are literally items in the game that effectively turn this off. 

There are mods that cost you part of that power fantasy, yes.

3. Caps

Yeah, every game does this. Otherwise players burn through content in literal days to a week, then they spend months to years crying that there is no content, the game is dead, boring, etc.

Most life-service games does this but there still ones that doesnt, in fact, the first life-service games never did this, World of Warcraft and RuneScape never limited you how many lvls you can get in one day, Warframe does not only limits you in factions/focus by limiting the amount of standing you can get but it even goes as far as limiting your mastery rank to once a day because the trial attempt cooldown.
Those older games let the players have unrestricted fun wich is one of the reasons of why they got as popular in the first place, for the freedom and fun they provided.

1 minute ago, Leonicos_CG said:

Crafting times present aswell + Nexon is involved on the creation of the game, the same Nexon that lost a lawsuit agaist them acussing them of messing with drop chances in order to make it impossible to get certain items. Thanks for the suggestion regardless.

That fails at mitigating the issue as I said several times already, read the comments or dont respond

There are mods that cost you part of that power fantasy, yes.

Most life-service games does this but there still ones that doesnt, in fact, the first life-service games never did this, World of Warcraft and RuneScape never limited you how many lvls you can get in one day, Warframe does not only limits you in factions/focus by limiting the amount of standing you can get but it even goes as far as limiting your mastery rank to once a day because the trial attempt cooldown.
Those older games let the players have unrestricted fun wich is one of the reasons of why they got as popular in the first place, for the freedom and fun they provided.

They dont limit it but they make it increadibily long to do so. There was no point in even starting if you couldnt play 5h a day. Hard pass.

• Like 2

On 2024-07-21 at 9:36 AM, RLanzinger said:

Being KO for a mere 3 to 6 seconds; As state in the Jurisprudence Grineer VS Tenno; The grineer have obtain right to lighty push down a Tenno as the tenno themselves send Grineers flying farther than the TEAM ROCKET trans-universal records which is far being the Everest horizon...

Honestly, I tend to ignore this now, there's a ton of mods to prevent and recover from KO, not to mention they can play a Frame with immunity if they needed

• Like 2

On 2024-07-21 at 5:04 PM, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

Weird rants

1. Brightness. 

This can be adjusted in either your monitor/TV or ingame settings, personally i never have any problem with it.

2. Knocked down

It makes sense, in a game where mobility is a number one power in a fast paced combat, getting knocked down can be very dangerous, especially in SP. But if this is a problem great enough for you to take it on this forum as if it was the dev's fault, then it proves to me that you're incapable to learn of how to resolve it without being an entitled snowflake. Then I'd say.....

[Spoiler]

Picsart-24-07-21-22-38-54-545.jpg

[/Spoiler]

3. Standing, focus, and crafting time

Well, imposed limitation is great so that players won't be able to complete the entire content overnight, because the whole premise is usually like this

>> Player: completed the new update overnight

>> No more content to do

>> The same player: "Content drought, DE sucks, Warframe sucks"

It takes time to create quality contents, and players completed it overnight doesn't help. Why? See above

Rather be able to finish the content over night than do a little bit, get bored of repeating the same thing ad infinitum, give up and be locked out of all the new content such as the Helminth Archon Fusion Segment. The syndicate systems are lazy.

• Like 2

That's fair. I don't like having discussions with people who make bad faith threads. 

You've received tons of valid and outright factual answers. But you obviously just wish to argue with folks as proven:

There are mods that cost you part of that power fantasy, yes

Those mods are a gameplay mechanic, designed to negate another mechanic. Making a character immune to status effects such as Knockdown, Stun, Stagger, and etc is Power Fantasy, as it takes a normally vulnerable character and makes them uncontrollable.

There is more to power fantasy than big DPS numbers. 

Most life-service games

The current relevant and popular games all time gate.

I for one am glad Warframe started doing this as before it became a mainstay feature; YouTube, Reddit and these Forums were filled with: "Warframe is Dead", "Your game has no content.", "Fashion is the only endgame", "Endgame = Nothing, log off", "Why I quit Warframe" etc, etc.

Folks blamed the power fantasy and wanted nerfs, others blamed the drop rates, it was an endless cycle as an increasing amount of players spent more time on these Forums/Third Time.

Anyways, I'm done. Said my peace.

Have a nice time endlessly arguing with everyone else.

• Like 3

hace 25 minutos, Aerikx dijo:

I don't like having discussions with people who make bad faith threads. 

I must have struck a nerve by telling you to read before commenting.

Im not sorry.

hace 17 minutos, Aerikx dijo:

You've received tons of valid and outright factual answers.

I recived tons of answers, some of them had some truth on their arguments and I was able to understand the logic behind them regardless if I agreed to what they said, some others were baseless slop that came from people that either didnt properly read what I said or simply dont understand what they are talking about or were just being a fanboy of the devs defending the game from any form of criticism, im actually seeing quite a lot of that for soulframe already and the game havent even came out, so maybe is a community issue, who knows.

hace 30 minutos, Aerikx dijo:

But you obviously just wish to argue with folks as proven.

Wonder why I would follow up to responses of a post that I created to discuss certain aspects of a game and would express my opinions to said arguments to get deeper on their reasoning as a way to understand it, hmmm, yeah probably for the sake of argue and for being on bad faith.

hace 36 minutos, Aerikx dijo:

Have a nice time endlessly arguing with everyone else.

Take care, hope you get better at reading.

On 2024-07-21 at 12:04 PM, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

>> Player: completed the new update overnight

>> No more content to do

>> The same player: "Content drought, DE sucks, Warframe sucks"

It takes time to create quality contents, and players completed it overnight doesn't help. Why? See above

If you've only made 10 hours of content, it's 10 hours whether it's done in 1 sitting or 10.  The latter just serves to frustrate people so that DE can boost engagement numbers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrDugan said:

If you've only made 10 hours of content, it's 10 hours whether it's done in 1 sitting or 10.  The latter just serves to frustrate people so that DE can boost engagement numbers.

That's not the point, the point is people will always complain. Newbies complain that there's too much contents to go through, Veterans will complain about content drought because they already have enough to rush the contents. So if you're in the devs position, how would you appease to both playerbase?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, (PSN)ATreidezz said:

That's not the point, the point is people will always complain. Newbies complain that there's too much contents to go through, Veterans will complain about content drought because they already have enough to rush the contents. So if you're in the devs position, how would you appease to both playerbase?

Remove the caps, and gate content off into blocks.  Solves several issues at once.  Veteran players aren't restricted by pointless caps.  No more complaints from vets about dealing with super low level, unprepared newbies in late game content.  Newbies are gated off from things they aren't ready for so that it's easier for them to focus on things their power level and experience is more in line with.  Liches for instance.  It has been suggested a hundred times to gate Liches/Sisters behind a solo quest.  If you can't handle the quest, you will not be able to handle a Lich without someone carrying you.  It also prevents a newbie from accidentally getting a Lich they can't handle, which has happened to so many players I know.  I actually think it was a big mistake to remove the solo requirement for Rising Tide.  If they can't handle that quest on their own, they're going to get smoked in an actual RJ mission.

The problem is and always has been that it's better for their bottom line to actually screw everyone over by just releasing newbies into nearly all content.  If you actually had to learn the mechanics and be able to handle the content, before being allowed into pub matchmaking for content, it would improve a lot of things.  They don't want to gate off the shiny new things though, because the newbies want to be endgame on day one.

• Like 1