The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Shadows: Hotfix 36.0.8

Very glad to hear those changes to the new player experience! Eventually, will we see the return of critical lore elements that were locked behind timed events come back as quests? I understand that they can't return EXACTLY how they were as events, but I really think adding the story back would also help with new player confusion. (I've had to explain the storyline of these events to many a new player). Stuff like A Favor For Darvo, Ties That Bind, Gradivus Dilema, The Hunt for Alad V, Suspicious Shipments, Tubemen of Regor, etc, etc.

Speaking of, can we also have Alad V's storyline fixed to be in the correct order? With current story progression he goes Normal -> Cured -> Infested, instead of Normal -> Infested -> Cured.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Is it still a problem after the most recent patch?

Yes. I just tested after installing the hotfix and the non-melee incarnons are not fixed. They still use default crosshair, with no incarnon charge indication.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

Sad....Jade Eximus were such a nice change and made people actually pay attention, i.e. not AFK on defense targets. 

Except that it didn't. They were still AFKing on top of the targets, angering everyone else in the squads when the missions failed.

• Like 7

평원에서 아크윙을 타고 땅에 근접 공격을 하면 애니메이션이 깨지고 소리와 공격만 작동하며 애니메이션이 깨지는 버그가 있습니다. 언제쯤 고쳐질까요?

Please fix semi cannonade mods on kitguns. It looks like an attempt has been made, I can now see the mod and attempt to place it on the kitgun, but the mod does not actually apply any stats and is immediately removed.

The Semi-Pistol Cannonade mod looks like it can be equipped on Catchmoon Kitgun, but the stats do not apply and on reopening the upgrade screen the mod is no longer equipped.

Forum Post

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Very good change, but I'd personally just go all the way and push it as the first thing a player should do after completing the New war. It just makes sense and helps connect all the story bits together. Duviri paradox really does zero sense until you experience New war and I don't think earlier access to Duviri is worth it, if you lose the meaning and story significance.

Hard agree with this. I've been watching a streamer play WF's story blind, and because they didn't know that their Drifter and Operator were the same person, they made their Drifter masc and their Operator femme. When it came time for the big reveal in TNW when the Drifter takes off their helmet, the response was less "oh my god it's me but older!" and more "oh hey, it's... that guy?"

On the other hand, I can see why DE doesn't want to do this. Duviri is a lot of content to lock behind several hundred hours of gameplay, and the random kit system is probably designed to let people try out different weapons and frames with a low investment cost, rather than to limit players who have already settled on one or two builds. There's got to be some kind of compromise that lets people access most of Duviri but preserves the story beats and reveals of the later quests. Hmm. It's like some kind of parado--

Wait. Actually, that wouldn't be too hard, would it? It's not Duviri that needs to come after The New War, it's The Duviri Paradox quest. Duviri's whole shtick is that it's a Groundhog Day loop, right? Before the Operator crashed in, the Drifter was doing the same thing over and over. So just... don't let people customize their Drifter until after the New War reveal. Keep the head covering on, lock Intrinsics to level 5 or something that doesn't reference the main game at all. There will still be hints, of course, like customized Warframes appearing as such in Teshin's cave, but that, I think, falls safely into the realm of foreshadowing and doesn't confuse the reveal.

More importantly, Paradox doesn't actually teach you how to play the main loop of Duviri. IIRC, you don't do the big Orowyrm fight, and you get a different emotion-person for each stage. Letting people get used to how Duviri normally works, and get familiar with the characters there, would actually help comprehension later on when all that changes! Especially for knowing who the courtiers and Thrax are, and why we're supposed to care when Teshin dies, neither of which I had the faintest clue about when I played because I had, respectively, zero and half an hour's worth of emotional investment in either.

On top of that, there's a whole genre of games that are basically "do the same thing over and over with randomized gear and get progressively nicer stuff out of it," so it's not going to be out of place. I mean, it will, because it'll look like you've grafted two games together for no apparent reason, but that's true anyway since Duviri is kinda Soulframe 0.5, so it doesn't matter much. What I mean is it won't be suspiciously out of place. Damn, I should make a thread for this.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Fallowsthorn said:

Hard agree with this. I've been watching a streamer play WF's story blind, and because they didn't know that their Drifter and Operator were the same person, they made their Drifter masc and their Operator femme. When it came time for the big reveal in TNW when the Drifter takes off their helmet, the response was less "oh my god it's me but older!" and more "oh hey, it's... that guy?"

On the other hand, I can see why DE doesn't want to do this. Duviri is a lot of content to lock behind several hundred hours of gameplay, and the random kit system is probably designed to let people try out different weapons and frames with a low investment cost, rather than to limit players who have already settled on one or two builds. There's got to be some kind of compromise that lets people access most of Duviri but preserves the story beats and reveals of the later quests. Hmm. It's like some kind of parado--

Wait. Actually, that wouldn't be too hard, would it? It's not Duviri that needs to come after The New War, it's The Duviri Paradox quest. Duviri's whole shtick is that it's a Groundhog Day loop, right? Before the Operator crashed in, the Drifter was doing the same thing over and over. So just... don't let people customize their Drifter until after the New War reveal. Keep the head covering on, lock Intrinsics to level 5 or something that doesn't reference the main game at all. There will still be hints, of course, like customized Warframes appearing as such in Teshin's cave, but that, I think, falls safely into the realm of foreshadowing and doesn't confuse the reveal.

More importantly, Paradox doesn't actually teach you how to play the main loop of Duviri. IIRC, you don't do the big Orowyrm fight, and you get a different emotion-person for each stage. Letting people get used to how Duviri normally works, and get familiar with the characters there, would actually help comprehension later on when all that changes! Especially for knowing who the courtiers and Thrax are, and why we're supposed to care when Teshin dies, neither of which I had the faintest clue about when I played because I had, respectively, zero and half an hour's worth of emotional investment in either.

On top of that, there's a whole genre of games that are basically "do the same thing over and over with randomized gear and get progressively nicer stuff out of it," so it's not going to be out of place. I mean, it will, because it'll look like you've grafted two games together for no apparent reason, but that's true anyway since Duviri is kinda Soulframe 0.5, so it doesn't matter much. What I mean is it won't be suspiciously out of place. Damn, I should make a thread for this.

I'm fine with that idea, but of all the stuff Duviri brought for new players, the only part I think really should still be accessible to new players is the normal mode Circuit. It's the best way to get access to certain frames, mods, and arcanes for people much earlier than otherwise, and unlike the Duviri Experience/Lone Story, the Circuit feels like an extension of the core Warframe gameplay.

I honestly think that DE should focus less on making new content accessible as quickly as possible to new players (Early Duviri was always a mistake), and more on improving the story presentation for early-game. As it stands, the main story doesn't really get started until Uranus with Natah. I legitimately love the setting, story, and lore of Warframe, but I do NOT blame someone for dropping it early due to the way the game feels like a mindless grindfest for a while.

• Like 4

After the latest hotfix, I'm stuck on the warframe launcher and It just says, "Checking for new content". I'm missing out on what little time I have left on my resource booster😢 What can I do to fix?

(Nvm, it just took like 30-40 minutes to start. All fixed)

Edited by godss
Fixed

Great. Now please return the paint to the dojo in the Stalker drop. We haven't been able to close this color for a month now. Please!!! Protective Stalker does not give away this color.

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:
  • Fixed Railjack enemy outlines being misaligned with custom HUD scaling. 

Can we now have a fix that fixes this fix for people with default HUD settings? I just did Proxima Exterminate missions at Venus and Neptune and no enemy had any outlines within kilometers around the ships.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ajingom said:

I think the starting point of Duviri Paradox Quest has gotten a little weirder. I think it would be better to do it after New War....

Or maybe directly before it. Or play it IN the new war, i mean when ballas sends us "back to hell" we may start the duviri paradox right away, as a part of the new war quest.

"Fixed Maggot diorama in Codex missing its textures. "
thank you a lot, but while speaking about codex bug, lets speak about the fix of
- Deimos leaper, Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa, Deimos Swarm Mutalist Moa eximus not spawning.
- Fortress scanner counting when scanned as a security camera and not as the Fortress Scanner entry,
- The Juno Geminex Moa duplicate
- The Narmer Condor dropship dont count when scanned.

and more.

Edited by Momoque2
  • Like 3

Examples of the gun incarnons still not working outside of being host (Santuary Onslaught). Same loadout, random squads.

As host, Felarx and Laetum crosshairs work as normal. Random squad, Sanctuary Onslaught.
e21d345121fd53700f092b8308d5e6b2.jpg08b15d07424a9dd5e93cfbcbb0a1f142.jpg

Same loadout, different random squad, Sanctuary Onslaught a couple of minutes later (this time I wasn't host).

53b9aa8093ea666abe1d380d585b4e30.jpg8cbd16fc8126f5bf96cc3b6233b34f08.jpgf2ee11c63711575c2ea2a5da1e8795ae.jpgab87fc1fcd0735bdf8ec3bc8160106ce.jpg

• Like 1

since the status rework the game has lost all flavor for me idk really why but now when playin i feel like something is missing from the game,that and jade shadow event caused me to burnout, i didn't play warframe since almost 2 weeks...only a few missions here and there, login everyday but i can't play the game anymore, it feel bland and as if nothing matter anymore regarding build, modding etc.

just wanted to share how i feel now,a bit sad .

Edited by Zz3rkz

20 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

Sad....Jade Eximus were such a nice change and made people actually pay attention, i.e. not AFK on defense targets. 

eximus rework is bs, but jade eximus are major bs 

• Like 3

Thank you for killing AX-52 completely. With synergy it had with Xata's Whisper it was capable of doing atleast some real dmg in comparisment to incarnons, but now i just want it as skin for rifles due to no reason to use so weak solo target weapon. DE please just make it a skin. #AX-52skin

• Like 3

• Fixed Railjack enemy outlines being misaligned with custom HUD scaling. 

Before the hotfix the outlines would at least centre onto the ships when you got close but now it's even worse.

image.png?ex=66a94bda&is=66a7fa5a&hm=314fc05a3b27cfea0665d5df0831a8ac1c59c33e6caa9f08eb09087d69717d14&

Edited by DogsConkers
  • Like 2

yep, Hotfix 36.0.8 broke enemy markers in Railjack even more and apparently for everyone, regardless of HUD scale. it's pretty much unplayable right now if you dont have NPC gunners that take care of the trash mobs and even then it's very annoying because you still gotta find the Crewships yourself

• Like 4