Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the intended way to farm the herbs in Duviri?

Auramaru

Question

I just finished the Duviri Paradox, unlocked the circuit, and got an incarnon weapon blueprint. To build the weapon with Cavalero in the Crysalith, I need plants from Duviri... 

I cannot word this in any other way: I feel like I am doing something incorrect or farming the herbs in an unintended way - it is painfully slow to gather them.

At first, I queued into the lone story to try to gather the herbs while clearing paradoxes. No shot. The herbs I needed were always 500m away and there wasn't nearly enough time to gather them before the other people in the mission triggered extraction.

Next, I Solo-queued into lone story, ignored the objective, flew around to gather the herbs - and holy cow... the map doesn't spawn enough of the herbs to complete the weapon craft. So just to be clear, I had to:

1. Load into Lone Story in Solo Mode
  2. Fly 500-800m to location
  3. Gather the herbs that spawned.
  4. Fly back 500-800m to the objective
  5. Complete objective solo
  6. Use the decree to save the herbs
  7. Abort mission
  8. Repeat steps [1-7] four times.

I am terrified if this is intended. I just came back to the game and have been playing like 3 weeks straight and felt like I've been on one of the most epic adventures. This herbalism trip sent me on a 2 hour side quest that was boring, frustrating, and really confusing. Please tell me there is a better way to get these resources than the way I'm doing. This can't be intended, right?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Don't only focus on the plants. You are going to also need A LOT of Pathos Clamps from the boss. Don't abort and finish the sequence to passively farm every Duviri resource (including fishing in Duviri Experience and fighting Kullervo when his prison is available) for each Duviri run. That is more efficient in the long run.

Also every week, check your Steel Path Circuit reward progress screen, it is random for each player and you can often get Duviri plants in bulk as a possible reward. Don't treat it like a race, passively collect everything at your own pace to prevent burnout.

Also in Teshin's cave there is an automatic gardening system that grows 6 random plants of Duviri. These can be collected once every 20 hours, another passive way to collect them.

Resource Booster affects Duviri plants.  And there is also a possible decree that you can get called "Bountiful Harvest" which doubles plant pickups (stacks with the resource booster)

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 2

I don't know if this is the intended way, but I have a massive surplus of herbs and general plant materials, and I can roughly talk you through why and how. 

Firstly I can't actually recall what our/your Drifter Intrinsics might do exactly. Just that I maxed them out a long time ago. So if I say something that sounds weird and its not something you can do? That might potentially be the reason. For example... The map has markers you can teleport to. Do you teleport around or? Is that not available to you? Maybe its an intrinsic? So that sort of thing. 

Secondly? I personally rarely did PUBS in Duviri. I preferred solo, so I could go at my own pace. I also preferred Duviri Experience over Lone Story. I understand the appeal of faster runs, but ehh, I wanted to explore and complete things. I can do the Owl puzzles fast, get Cinta, fill the Codex, learn the areas, do Fishing, get those resources, and so on. Doing Experience also means I can get way way more Decrees, including many that make you faster and more mobile. Then as of last update, there is also a Decree which doubles your Plant drops, which also stacks with a regular Resource Booster. More Decrees also means faster movement (with the Decree where your speed scales off how many Decrees you have). So basically I ended up running faster, killing enemies faster, doing side objectives faster, getting more Plant Resources. Plus you start to get favourite areas, know areas better, which can help in the long run. Plus teleporting if need be (or with the speed Decree just running which at some points just gets faster than the horse). 

Oh and one add factor, and this might also be an Intrinsic thing, but Kaithe is useful for the mini map and showing where Plants are. So using it, then remembering roughly where they are as you run around and pick them. Then after a while, just knowing where they generally are helps amass a lot of them. You can also get them from Owl puzzles as I alluded to earlier, so knowing which of those are fast to do, is great help. 

The other thing to remember too is this... involves the subjective element of fun/joy. Some people prefer to single focus target an objective, and thats fine. Personally that would just frustrate me. Do you have all the Duviri melee unlocked or is that what you need resources for? Or is it more for Incarnons? Changing the Drifter melee, made me enjoy Duviri a lot more, I enjoy the two handed nikana more and the hammer more as well (than Sun and Moon). I also preferred playing on Steel Path. I also like I said, completed the Codex, and got the Cinta, and found easter eggs. So I was personally enjoying the experience, and I never had a shortage of Plant materials. To be clear though, I am not saying you should, because from the sounds of it, you don't enjoy it? Which is totally and completely fair, but consider that idea in general. Like maybe you might enjoy Duviri more with a different weapon? Or maybe you prefer a different Emotional Landscape? Or Experience over Lone Story? Maybe try and get the Decree that makes you run faster and the one that Doubles your plants and then plan to spend a longer session in there, if you get a Double Resource booster, so 4 times the amount of plants (effectively saving you a lot of time. You could get 4 hours worth of drops in only 1 hour. Its basically working smarter and not harder. Oh and max out your intrinsics too if that might help. 

I'd happily donate my excess plants, I just use them as Helminth food now. Oh and remember to check your garden area in the beginning portion as well, the bit to the side. (Not sure if thats also an Intrinsics thing). 

Good luck in any case!! 

• Like 1

Been a while since I've done it but have a stockpile so I can tell you what I did:

The way I did it was by doing a couple of max out decree runs in Duviri experience solo. Some of the decrees are really good for that type of stuff, bountiful harvest and fleet-footed are two that are really good in this regard. Go flying around the map picking off any bounties and plants you see. A max out run will still take a couple of hours though so maybe instead however long until you get to the good decree stacking bit.

Don't focus on collecting a singular plant at the beginning. The bounties also have a plant reward in them as well that'll help.

Yes the beginning is painfully slow and really jarring from the gameplay flow for the rest of WF. I still dread needing to do the 2x pathos clamp runs if I need to install another incarnon because of this. This has been discussed countless times and rightfully so, nobody would bat an eye if the Duviri gameplay flow was increased tenfold.

It'll make Orowyrm killing a breeze once you get around to doing that as well due to being stacked up on decrees. Plus you'll need Pathos Clamps in order to use the plants anyways.

If that still isn't enough which for me wasn't but only by a minute margin, the plants are zone-based. I checked the wiki to see which areas I need to go to and plucked them off during additional Pathos Clamp runs.

3 hours ago, Auramaru said:
  • Load into Lone Story in Solo Mode
  • Fly 500-800m to location
  • Gather the herbs that spawned.
  • Fly back 500-800m to the objective
  • Complete objective solo
  • Use the decree to save the herbs
  • Abort mission
  • Repeat steps [1-7] four times.

You could skip the flying if you just queued Duviri Experience instead. Also you can teleport with intrisics.

Imo the garden in the cave is enough to give you most stuff - you may need to farm the Tasoma (caves) and Uyemag (kullervo island)..

You will also need some Maw fishing and that cannot be done in Lone Story at all.

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Auramaru:

I just finished the Duviri Paradox, unlocked the circuit, and got an incarnon weapon blueprint. To build the weapon with Cavalero in the Crysalith, I need plants from Duviri... 

I cannot word this in any other way: I feel like I am doing something incorrect or farming the herbs in an unintended way - it is painfully slow to gather them.

At first, I queued into the lone story to try to gather the herbs while clearing paradoxes. No shot. The herbs I needed were always 500m away and there wasn't nearly enough time to gather them before the other people in the mission triggered extraction.

Next, I Solo-queued into lone story, ignored the objective, flew around to gather the herbs - and holy cow... the map doesn't spawn enough of the herbs to complete the weapon craft. So just to be clear, I had to:

1. Load into Lone Story in Solo Mode
  2. Fly 500-800m to location
  3. Gather the herbs that spawned.
  4. Fly back 500-800m to the objective
  5. Complete objective solo
  6. Use the decree to save the herbs
  7. Abort mission
  8. Repeat steps [1-7] four times.

I am terrified if this is intended. I just came back to the game and have been playing like 3 weeks straight and felt like I've been on one of the most epic adventures. This herbalism trip sent me on a 2 hour side quest that was boring, frustrating, and really confusing. Please tell me there is a better way to get these resources than the way I'm doing. This can't be intended, right?

its  very quick..... So buy the booster (also optionally ask for Buff in relay), join Full public group and hope for Double Loot Decree. Then you have it together very quickly and in large quantities for the future.

Edited by Venus-Venera

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Firstly I can't actually recall what our/your Drifter Intrinsics might do exactly. Just that I maxed them out a long time ago. So if I say something that sounds weird and its not something you can do? That might potentially be the reason.

First, thank you all for your replies, I read through them and founds some useful info in each.

Now replying to the above quote: I haven't been directed by the game on Intrinsics, how to use them, spend them, etc. There aren't any teleport markers on the map yet, and no resource tracking on the minimap. So it sounds like that's the first step to doing this efficiently. I did a quick search on the wiki and there is a Well in the dormizone I'm supposed to be spending them.

• Spend intrinsics to implement QoL upgrades for resource gathering / travelling.
  • Run the Duviri Experience instead of Lone Story.
  • Stack Decrees for Bountiful Harvest.
  • (optional) get relay resource buff &/or platinum 3d resource booster

Did I miss anything? Any other tips?

Edited by Auramaru
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Auramaru said:
  • Spend intrinsics to implement QoL upgrades for resource gathering / travelling.
  • Run the Duviri Experience instead of Lone Story.
  • Stack Decrees for Bountiful Harvest.
  • (optional) get relay resource buff &/or platinum 3d resource booster

Did I miss anything? Any other tips?

Thats pretty good, and sounds like pretty much it.

Another optional part, and I would say definitely check before hand, but I am not sure whether the Steel Path modifiers help as far as making them appear more or anything. Though if you haven't maxed out your Drifter Intrinsics, that could help get you there faster, and I double checked my own Intrinsics, and some will definitely be helpful, as far as having Plants show up on mini map, fast travel, and even getting extra Decrees, better Decrees, plus some buffs that apply outside of Duviri, to regular gameplay. So definitely worth looking into. 

If you don't which Intrinsics to prioritise, I think... they show the future options, but if they don't, either the Wikia should have the info, or ask again here and i can list them all. Oh and one final thing, if you don't already know, certain Warframe are fast/good for killing the Orowyrm. Like Titania is pretty popular. Also, I personally would only run the Steel Path version if I got certain gear, just to make it easier/faster. Long range hit scan rifles for example, (alternative if you are staying in Duviri long enough to collect plants, a lot of your gear will get OP, especially with Intrinsics unlocked)

Good luck! 

When I did Duviri, I just solo'd TDE for 2-3 hours a session once or twice a week maxing out intrinsics completing all the mini-games and shooting plants along the way. Getting the plants drop double and + movement per decree early on helps a lot in covering the entire map before doing the main objectives. Then whenever I got a resource booster from a relay or login reward, I'd go back into TDE for a session or two. You'll have thousands of each Duviri resource with time by just passively playing. You're not going to accomplish much in terms of farming resources by playing lone story. That's more for just beating the worm and getting out to collect pathos clamps. 

On 2024-08-05 at 5:27 AM, Auramaru said:

The herbs I needed were always 500m away and there wasn't nearly enough time to gather them before the other people in the mission triggered extraction.

You can always leave group. Hit esc and under your name there should be something like "leave group". Then you can explore duviri as you want (just get any decree to save your loot).

On 2024-08-05 at 6:16 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Secondly? I personally rarely did PUBS in Duviri. I preferred solo, so I could go at my own pace. I also preferred Duviri Experience over Lone Story. I understand the appeal of faster runs, but ehh, I wanted to explore and complete things. I can do the Owl puzzles fast, get Cinta, fill the Codex, learn the areas, do Fishing, get those resources, and so on.

With above, you can do ORowyrm run then explore it solo. Of course, if you are quick with bounties then there is no need for it but if you are slower then it may help.