Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Crafting

Has anyone thought of this or asked for it before? The ability to have the foundry repeat the fabrication of items (like the reusable blueprints) so you don't have to reclaim them and then start them over. Especially the 1 minute items. The 1 minute crafts are starting to drag with how many times I need to craft things. One exaple recently being the Pyrotic Alloy. I'm looking to maseter the remaining Zaw blades but I end up needing to make more of this specific alloy to even craft the needed parts. The process is slowed down further when I keep getting the "An unkown error occured" message (which i'm going to send a ticket about). Wouldn't it make things easier to just tell the foundry how many times you want it to craft an item or just leave it to keep going and claim the batch later??

58 minutes ago, Techmaster7032 said:

Has anyone thought of this or asked for it before?

Like every WF player ever. 

58 minutes ago, Techmaster7032 said:

Wouldn't it make things easier to just tell the foundry how many times you want it to craft an item or just leave it to keep going and claim the batch later??

Maybe, but then people wouldnt be tempted to use plat to speed up the process. DE doesnt change this even though this kind of thread gets created every week or so. Must be F2P thing.

Certain items are offered in a bundle - eg. craft 100 of the same item at once - but that requires different Blueprint.

Example: Squad Energy Restore | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Edited by Zakkhar

For the small things I wouldnt mind it, like the metals and ores etc. Just an option to add an amount of re-crafts. So you can queue up say 30 one minute crafts and then collect all after 30 minutes instead of 1 per minute.

Though it is doubtful DE wants this, since the thing that sets WF apart from other games with crafting is that we dont need to physically be there as the craft progresses, so we can take a quicky and go farm a relic in a capture mission or so on during short crafts. I remember when I played ArchAge and Black Desert Online. I used to queue up a 1000x craft queue or similar then leave home and go visit my grandma or something. And back in the day playing Dark Age of Camelot and Star Wars Galaxies I actually had to sit there as things were done one by one manually for the most part.

Heck on my first day playing Doctor in Star Wars Galaxies I spent more time on crafting before being able to leave the town than I've spent on WF crafting over the course of 7+ years. I likely wont spend as much time on WF crafting in the coming 5 years either compared to what I spent on just getting that Doc ready to play heh. And dont get me started on DaoC where you could "fail" crafts since you wanted a certain quality stat to be high enough on the item to have proper damage output, which needed to be 98-100% in order to be better than random drops. Luckily others used to sit at the smiths or leather workers etc. so there was always someone to shoot the S#&$ with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-09-04 at 12:35 AM, SneakyErvin said:

For the small things I wouldnt mind it, like the metals and ores etc. Just an option to add an amount of re-crafts. So you can queue up say 30 one minute crafts and then collect all after 30 minutes instead of 1 per minute.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. It's Warframe after all. Not Foundry Simulator.

On 2024-09-03 at 8:15 PM, Zakkhar said:

Maybe, but then people wouldnt be tempted to use plat to speed up the process. DE doesnt change this even though this kind of thread gets created every week or so. Must be F2P thing.

F2P? Mate I've spent thousands on this game. I'm not spending plat to skip 1 minute builds. I just think it's irritating we can't just que them up like the quote above mentioned. Least then when I'm waiting, I'm able to make use of say, 30m minutes in survival or Eidelon hunting without standing at my foundry making the same thing over and over to then build something that takes an hour.

On 2024-09-03 at 10:53 PM, Slayer-. said:

HjxzV.jpg the wait is killing me, go faster:crylaugh:

You completely missed my point...

On 2024-09-03 at 5:15 AM, Zakkhar said:

Like every WF player ever. 

Certain items are offered in a bundle - eg. craft 100 of the same item at once - but that requires different Blueprint.

Example: Squad Energy Restore | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Yeah. I don't think they want you setting 100 forma to craft sequentially and not logging in for 100 days (for example)

On 2024-09-03 at 6:45 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

It's a means for DE to get you to log in to the game.

I do not see it changing for that reason.

Yup. 

I think it's come up on a couple dev shorts and Rebecca has said something along the lines of "it's a monetization thing but we'll look at it". 

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a crime? It gets boring when you have to make them one at a time when you could be doing other things while your foundry works. I could be modifying my loadout or maybe working on fashion while the foundry could make the ammount I want rather than having to go back every minute at a time. Why does this seem like such a bad ask?

Edited by Techmaster7032