Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 QOL ideas

Star700

1. A dousing system for open world maps that can track resources or enemies like the way the mining tool works. 2. A tracking system for the foundry where you can track a recipe and if you get what you need from farming ordis tells you that your tracked item can be built. I feel like these systems would be very useful as today I could have used both of them to find nithlepods, a Doma, and I spent 30mins looking for an argon crystal I didn't need because I still thought I was 1 short.

Edited by Star700
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Star700 said:

1. A dousing system for open world maps that can track resources or enemies like the way the mining tool works.

Have you tried scanner?

42 minutes ago, Star700 said:

2. A tracking system for the foundry where you can track a recipe and if you get what you need from farming ordis tells you that your tracked item can be built.

Ah, yes. Modern gaming addition. Do not bother thinking, just click every box on the list. Track everything.

44 minutes ago, Star700 said:

find nithlepods

Nistlepods are resources that can be found in high-elevated areas of the Plains of Eidolon, located on the mountainous regions of Mount Nang and Ostwan Range.

Nistlepod | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

45 minutes ago, Star700 said:

a Doma

Tusk Thumper Doma | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

47 minutes ago, Star700 said:

I spent 30mins looking for an argon crystal I didn't need because I still thought I was 1 short.

Checking the right BP in Foundry would take you split second. Also 30 minutes for Argon - where exactly were you looking for it?

• Like 6

I don't appreciate the sarcasm, I wouldn't be suggesting these things if I hadn't tried and failed with the norms, scanners do fk all and even in the bounties I can't find the doma on my own.

10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Have you tried scanner?

Ah, yes. Modern gaming addition. Do not bother thinking, just click every box on the list. Track everything.

Nistlepods are resources that can be found in high-elevated areas of the Plains of Eidolon, located on the mountainous regions of Mount Nang and Ostwan Range.

Nistlepod | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Tusk Thumper Doma | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

Checking the right BP in Foundry would take you split second. Also 30 minutes for Argon - where exactly were you looking for it?

• Like 1

Helminth exist. Any leftover resources can be used there. Just gather as much stuff as possible. Don't need to the game to tell the player what to do. 

Waypoints are screwy in the game. It'll tell you where one thing only to disappear saying it's in the opposite direct you just came from. As soon as you get there, the waypoint will be underground.

5 hours ago, Star700 said:

I don't appreciate the sarcasm

There was no sarcasm.

5 hours ago, Star700 said:

I wouldn't be suggesting these things if I hadn't tried and failed with the norms, scanners do fk all and even in the bounties I can't find the doma on my own.

That is a your personal struggle. Overcome it. You got the tools. Just need patience. No need to change everything around you.

• Like 2

Open world resource tracking just sounds massively pointless. Everything in them spawns in specific areas, just learn those. 

Crafting trackers also sounds rather pointless just due to how quickly one amasses resources. While the low quantity items shouldn't require one as there you're often looking for five to ten at a time if not less.

However I will say the one exception there could be weapons that require other weapons to craft. As currently without the prior knowledge of said weapons players tend to sell them off to make space only to then need to recraft them later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

After i read this thread i went to find doma in plains, took me 2mins to find one

Warframe_Screenshot_2024.09.13_-_10.52.13.78.png?ex=66e5212c&is=66e3cfac&hm=03793f60e90a2abf48990ae402db3286978d87256f9216f28b0b3c8bb47e55f0&

What lvl bounty and what area cuz they are no where where I checked.

Edited by Star700

22 hours ago, Star700 said:

1. A dousing system for open world maps that can track resources or enemies like the way the mining tool works. 2. A tracking system for the foundry where you can track a recipe and if you get what you need from farming ordis tells you that your tracked item can be built. I feel like these systems would be very useful as today I could have used both of them to find nithlepods, a Doma, and I spent 30mins looking for an argon crystal I didn't need because I still thought I was 1 short.

I think of the safe havens when the horde of enemies tries to breach the gate!

5xOPjOM.jpg
SIgc5wb.jpg

Edited by Sporthand

I do like the idea , it's more useful (and will be appreciated ) by new players in my opinion but I don't think it will be good if it is very specific.

So , you get to the foundry or market and tag a BP for tracking.

The next time you open a map it will show you which nodes/planets you can normally get it from. 

And once you have enough to build it that resource is no longer tracked.

And once you have all the stuff you get a notification saying you got it.

It could be a good QoL if that all you are asking. But if you want to add a waypoint on maps ,that may be a bit much.

1 hour ago, Star700 said:

Highest non-sp bounty, around north west of gara thot lake there is a road of sorts, you fly up and down that road and doma has a chance to spawn. sometime the spawns are daryn or dropship.

36 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Highest non-sp bounty, around north west of gara thot lake there is a road of sorts, you fly up and down that road and doma has a chance to spawn. sometime the spawns are daryn or dropship.

Highest non sp bounty also spawns Bulls (which do not count for NW), if you want to guaranteed a Doma, Narmer is better (10 lvls higher). Even though the Narmer Thumper has different name than Tusk Thumper Doma, it is the same thing and completes the NW.

1 hour ago, Star700 said:

There are 3 spawn maps in wiki:

Tusk Thumper | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

But it doesnt work like 100% - you flie there and it always spawns. It has its moods.

Also make sure it is day (Thumpers do not spawn at night).

Edited by Zakkhar

6 hours ago, trst said:

However I will say the one exception there could be weapons that require other weapons to craft. As currently without the prior knowledge of said weapons players tend to sell them off to make space only to then need to recraft them later.

I used this. You think it is beneficial to put all that in game?

Weapons Required as Crafting Ingredients | WARFRAME Wiki | Fandom

7 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

There was no sarcasm.

That is a your personal struggle. Overcome it. You got the tools. Just need patience. No need to change everything around you.

I agree with this statement.

In fact I hate new players so much that if you aren't at least MR 30 you shouldn't even be able to launch the game. 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

In fact I hate new players so much that if you aren't at least MR 30 you shouldn't even be able to launch the game.

I'm MR 25 thank you, far from New, maybe look at who you're insulting first