Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annoying some melee Weapons and gunblade

----o----

Are you notice when attacking with melee weapon on enemy,you also move automatically into front and some of your attacks make miss regardless not pressing "W" button.

For this reason you miss some enemies when moving forward while attacking with melee weapon even not pressing "W'.

In my opinion developers should rework all melee weapons to make your warframe completely stand still while using melee weapon on enemy,then you won't miss hits,include heavy attack.

About Gunblade,for example using "sarpa" gunblade,when you attacking on enemy,it not just perform melee attack but also shooting attack,my offer make all "gunblade" like "sarpa" add mode

which mean you press mouse wheel to change only melee or only autoshot mode attack.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

Doesn't help,almost all stance mod using still melee attack cause also moving front slowly,which sometime miss enemies.

Yes, most weapon classes do not have a "neutral stance" but some weapons do.  Look at the combo description.  I forget which weapon, but one of the stances specifically has a combo where you tap the back/S/down key after starting the attack and it prevents the moving forward.

As for moving forward, try using the spin attack. It seems to hit enemies more reliably (and does more damage) than just pressing the attack key.

I 100% agree, however there is a workaround that works with a very tiny number of stances - crouching while attacking (standing still) will prevent some of the forward movements (all of it with some dual dagger stances, for example).

You can't create power from fists or melee weapons without using your feet and legs muscles, hence moving forward when hitting. That's the basic of any combat art.

I know Warframe isn't that realistic, but you are advocating for illogical changes which could be extrapolated to "why are guns having recoil" and stuff like that.

And I know it's annoying, but that's how it is. You can always use the option "lock in melee" which will always make you auto target the closest enemy.

Edited by dwqrf

26 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

You can't create power from fists or melee weapons without using your feet and legs muscles, hence moving forward when hitting. That's the basic of any combat art.

I know Warframe isn't that realistic, but you are advocating for illogical changes which could be extrapolated to "why are guns having recoil" and stuff like that.

And I know it's annoying, but that's how it is. You can always use the option "lock in melee" which will always make you auto target the closest enemy.

It wouldn't make worst if rework correctly combat attack almost stay in position,it's a lots rework but possible.

I give very good example,you know when playing with "Kahl" mission,sometime you need break thing with sword yes?,when attacking on that item with sword,first melee it hit,second also hit,but third miss,because he going front attack with last attack.

Auto doesn't much helping,i try myself,only semi work.

So...rework for sure need.

16 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

I give very good example,you know when playing with "Kahl" mission,sometime you need break thing with sword yes?,when attacking on that item with sword,first melee it hit,second also hit,but third miss,because he going front attack with last attack.

That example is not representative to the entire game (as it uses completely diffferent mechanics), making it a very bad example.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That example is not representative to the entire game (as it uses completely diffferent mechanics), making it a very bad example.

I know it's different game while playing Kahl,but it's still good example with melee weapon attack.

You just thinking incorrect.

I agree that not all stances have a comfortable forward dash during attacks, sometimes it is too long, but on the other hand, usually the movement in the stance is very helpful in switching from target to target. Perhaps I like the idea of switching modes for a gunblade, but for now I can recommend trying to take turns attacking with the E-WE-E-WE-E-WE(and so on) keys in the High Noon stance, this way warframe will constantly shoot without swinging the gunblade, but perhaps this requires training in attack timing

8 hours ago, DeVaren said:

I agree that not all stances have a comfortable forward dash during attacks, sometimes it is too long, but on the other hand, usually the movement in the stance is very helpful in switching from target to target. Perhaps I like the idea of switching modes for a gunblade, but for now I can recommend trying to take turns attacking with the E-WE-E-WE-E-WE(and so on) keys in the High Noon stance, this way warframe will constantly shoot without swinging the gunblade, but perhaps this requires training in attack timing

True not all stance but some of them for sure have.

Il y a 10 heures, ----o---- a dit :

I know it's different game while playing Kahl,but it's still good example with melee weapon attack.

Maybe you just dont understand how much work that would be to rework all stances -again- just to make them -less- logical.

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Maybe you just dont understand how much work that would be to rework all stances -again- just to make them -less- logical.

It took a lots time rework,but possible,this is job for Warframe developers to make game better.

• Like 1

il y a 33 minutes, ----o---- a dit :

It took a lots time rework,but possible,this is job for Warframe developers to make game better.

How would it make the game better ? You have to argument for it.

il y a 21 minutes, ----o---- a dit :

They can make better if they know how to rework...and i'm not doing argument,i give suggestion.

Your suggestion is only "I don't like it". It isn't rooted in any issue others than that. You don't have any idea how hard it would be to rework it.

12 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Your suggestion is only "I don't like it". It isn't rooted in any issue others than that. You don't have any idea how hard it would be to rework it.

In this game is possible...just took a time.

If you don't like idea,just don't write in this topic.

il y a 2 minutes, ----o---- a dit :

In this game is possible...just took a time.

If you don't like idea,just don't write in this topic.

You are mistaken.

First, it will take a lot of time and effort for... What exactly ?

Secondly, this is a forum: everybody can express their opinions. You have the right to express your idea, and I have the right to disagree. We don't have just to praise your idea if we want to comment, especially if we feel that your idea isn't rooted in any valuable reflexion.

If you want your idea to have value, you need to give us reasons of why it's a good and/or necessary implementation for the game.

Without it, it's just wind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

You are mistaken.

First, it will take a lot of time and effort for... What exactly ?

Secondly, this is a forum: everybody can express their opinions. You have the right to express your idea, and I have the right to disagree. We don't have just to praise your idea if we want to comment, especially if we feel that your idea isn't rooted in any valuable reflexion.

If you want your idea to have value, you need to give us reasons of why it's a good and/or necessary implementation for the game.

Without it, it's just wind.

I mention in this topic reason why need change it,everything it took time and that normal and it's not empty idea,it's with idea.

I just give you suggestions leave this topic if you don't like,but not forcing completely leave it.

It have a lot logical,you just don't see and that it.

Everything took time to change,fix and etc....for better warframe game in future.

14 hours ago, ----o---- said:

but it's still good example with melee weapon attack.

It is not, because you cannot use the same mechanics to minimize the unwanted movement (crouch), change combo within the stance or the stance itself.

14 hours ago, ----o---- said:

There is no such thing. I just happen to have different opinion.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not, because you cannot use the same mechanics to minimize the unwanted movement (crouch), change combo within the stance or the stance itself.

There is no such thing. I just happen to have different opinion.

Stance are some limited,that a problem.

Hello DE, this is another topic proving that most stances are useless and clumsy, most of them only serve to overshadow the existence of some melee classes as a whole (I'm looking at you, useless staves vs polearms).

All the player needs is a basic and repetitive animation with a frequency of properly synchronized hits, because the current strikes without time synchronization ruin the predictability of the character's movements.

I know this is connected to the thematic strike animation of the stance blah blah blah...

There is a double dagger stance where the animation is ridiculous in the gameplay, it is extremely difficult to land the first blow on infested enemies as the frame advances forward in an attack completely out of sync with the E key press.

All we need is basic and repetitive hits that give us the freedom to move forward, backward or simply stand. special strikes must be triggered only by a sequence of buttons and these trigger these complex animations properly directed to the target.

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 3

On 9/16/2024 at 2:10 AM, dwqrf said:

This has been raised by the community several times in the past, I've even made two threads about it and I'm almost always criticizing these mechanics.
The current crazy stance animations only work if the melee system is updated to something similar to what we have in Duviri Paradox.

I'm still waiting for the long-awaited melee 3.0 announced several years ago, it should be finished with the new channeling system 2.0, and we'll finally be able to criticize this mess with greater precision. No one knows if Duviri Paradox is a preview of Melee 3.0.

• Like 2