The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us the ability to recycle relics we don't want

SenselessVirus

There really need to be a way to dispose of unwanted relics in game, I've still got ones from before they added void traces to the game that I've got all the rewards from and don't need. I know we can trade them but it'd be really great if there was a system similar to archon shard condensing where we could take X number of relics and recycle them into either Aya or void traces. Heck I'd even take feeding them to Helmith in some way. Just give me a fast way to get the trash ones(to me) out of my inventory that isn't "run a bunch of fissure missions."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Unopened relics : Go to mars / Maroo bazar, Varza can buy them for AYA

I'm not aware of Varzia being able to buy unopened relics that players already own and give you Aya in exchange, no posts or the wiki has info on this, and I'm not seeing an option in-game to trade relics for Aya to Varzia. Is there a specific place you're seeing this at?

12 minutes ago, SenselessVirus said:

Just give me a fast way to get the trash ones(to me) out of my inventory that isn't "run a bunch of fissure missions."

Sadly just a fast mission at the moment, like void fissure exterminate or capture, is the best way to open them all yeah. Omnia fissures help a lot with that too though, I just run them with relics I have the most of, and it gets that number down significantly after a while.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @Nekomian Oh sorry was dreaming ... My damned Lack of coffee, 😪

Unopened relics : Go to mars / Maroo bazar, Varza SHOULD buy them for AYA. Aya is trade for cosmetics, void traces, ducats and others relics

Opened relics : Go to Baro Ki teer, sell them for ducats.

What the hell are you on about? Varzia doesnt buy any relics for aya.

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:
13 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @Nekomian Oh sorry was dreaming ... My damned Lack of coffee, 😪

Unopened relics : Go to mars / Maroo bazar, Varza SHOULD buy them for AYA. Aya is trade for cosmetics, void traces, ducats and others relics

Opened relics : Go to Baro Ki teer, sell them for ducats.

What the hell are you on about? Varzia doesnt buy any relics for aya.

Poster added "should" aka it's suggestion.

14 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

Sadly relics is mostly for trade. They only have like 5-10 available per month(s).

And void traces is just... 5?! It's joke.

Personally I'd settle for being able to sell them for a trivial amount of credits.  Do I need credits? No.  But it would be a convenient way to clean up my inventory.  A transmute option would be welcome too, although it wouldn't make a big difference without changes to that UI.  And I think either or both of those is more likely than traces or aya. 

If we did get those I'd expect the amounts to be very small.  For a rough idea of how many traces or aya is plausible, note that DE values traces at Varzia at 5 for 1 aya, and gives 5 ducats for an aya.  Consider as well that many people have thousands of relics they'll never burn through and there's not much incentive for DE to turn that into anything valuable and reduce the need for these players to interact with fissures.

37 minutes ago, quxier said:

Oh, Im not taking that. "go to mars, varzia should buy relics" is not a suggestion, thats an instruction to the OP to go there and do that. If it was a suggestion, there wouldnt be the "go to" part in anything he said.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Oh, Im not taking that. "go to mars, varzia should buy relics" is not a suggestion, thats an instruction to the OP to go there and do that. If it was a suggestion, there wouldnt be the "go to" part in anything he said.

If that's the case there is n relic>aya conversion directly in Varzia.

12 minutes ago, quxier said:

What the hell is going on in this thread? Varzia doesnt trade relics for aya, but aya for relics, big difference. And Baro doesnt buy relics either, he only buys the parts you get from the relics. There is no such thing as na "opened relic" either. There is only an unopened relic and then the item you get after you open it, nothing in between,

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:
36 minutes ago, quxier said:

What the hell is going on in this thread? Varzia doesnt trade relics for aya, but aya for relics, big difference. And Baro doesnt buy relics either, he only buys the parts you get from the relics. There is no such thing as na "opened relic" either. There is only an unopened relic and then the item you get after you open it, nothing in between,

Yeah, duh, but OP doesn't want to open myriads of relics. They want to trade relics for something...

@MaxTunnerX : "Mr creepy color"

𝒪𝒽 𝑀𝒶𝓍, 𝐼 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝒶 𝒽𝒶𝓁𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻  𝒞𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝑒  𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝒷𝒾𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝑒𝓇𝒸𝓎...

By the way, is there still some primes BP or builded primes BP that have different ducats values ?

5 minutes ago, Quest said:

baro needs to be drastically improved for this to be relevant

Today his new item was... drumroll... a picture!

You clearly have no clue how much Platinum Ducats are worth then. It's not about just buying the one "new" (and often decorative) item. I personally can't be bothered because I haven't struggled with Platinum for like 8 years now, but for many players, Ducats are worth quite a lot of Platinum, even directly. "Recycling" Relics is already a thing in Warframe, but there is a gameplay commitment aspect. This makes sense with how saturated Prime farming has become. Back to the topic of Ducats, you can farm Ducat items and wait for TennoCon, and then sell these in bulk to other Players for a heap of Platinum. I did something similar with Lith W2 from Scarlet Spear. I sold these Relics for atleast 10 Platinum each and sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1100.

Also every Prime set has value (besides the permanently available ones like Braton/Paris/etc.). I've been selling all Primes since I've started playing, and it's my main source of Platinum next to selling mods.

Edited by Voltage

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

You clearly have no clue how much Platinum Ducats are worth then. It's not about just buying the one "new" (and often decorative) item. I personally can't be bothered because I haven't struggled with Platinum for like 8 years now, but for many players, Ducats are worth quite a lot of Platinum, even directly. "Recycling" Relics is already a thing in Warframe, but there is a gameplay commitment aspect. This makes sense with how saturated Prime farming has become. Back to the topic of Ducats, you can farm Ducat items and wait for TennoCon, and then sell these in bulk to other Players for a heap of Platinum. I did something similar with Lith W2 from Scarlet Spear. I sold these Relics for atleast 10 Platinum each and sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1100.

this is not relevant to me, when i need more platinum i'll just buy it with cash

ducats/baro should be more exciting than just buying things you aren't personally interested in to resell

in any case, the use case you have described is obviously very different from what the thread is asking for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenselessVirus said:

I'm wondering the same thing buddy, I just wanted to suggest a way to get rid of unwanted relics...

Yeah and I fully support something to be done about it. Although Im kinda Ok with the current system,because the relics I dont want I just sell for platinum. Still, something like what you suggested would be nice. Maybe we can transmute them like mods? I mean we could select like 4+ relics and transmute them into 1 different relic, vaulted or not.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

16 hours ago, SenselessVirus said:

There really need to be a way to dispose of unwanted relics in game, I've still got ones from before they added void traces to the game that I've got all the rewards from and don't need. I know we can trade them but it'd be really great if there was a system similar to archon shard condensing where we could take X number of relics and recycle them into either Aya or void traces. Heck I'd even take feeding them to Helmith in some way. Just give me a fast way to get the trash ones(to me) out of my inventory that isn't "run a bunch of fissure missions."

I'm sorry but why is this an issue? I also have all the primes from the old tower system before the change in mid 2016 but I don't see an issue with having that many relics because the way I see it is that I have relics I can burn to get traces which I can then use on the relics that I'd actually want to get the items from. I feel like the ability to convert them into Aya/Void Traces isn't good because the people who've been playing Warframe for a long time will have a massive surplus of these relics and being able to convert those relics into Aya or Void Traces is just going to be a loop of them topping up their Traces with their surplus of relics which might not seem bad but I can see others complaining.

If it instead gets converted into Ducats then the question of how much comes into play and a simple answer to that is an RNG roll of 15, 45, 100 with the chances reflecting the relic in questions refinement level. I think that if you could convert your relics into anything Ducats would be for the best.

3 hours ago, hellodownthere said:

I'm sorry but why is this an issue? I also have all the primes from the old tower system before the change in mid 2016 but I don't see an issue with having that many relics because the way I see it is that I have relics I can burn to get traces which I can then use on the relics that I'd actually want to get the items from. I feel like the ability to convert them into Aya/Void Traces isn't good because the people who've been playing Warframe for a long time will have a massive surplus of these relics and being able to convert those relics into Aya or Void Traces is just going to be a loop of them topping up their Traces with their surplus of relics which might not seem bad but I can see others complaining.

If it instead gets converted into Ducats then the question of how much comes into play and a simple answer to that is an RNG roll of 15, 45, 100 with the chances reflecting the relic in questions refinement level. I think that if you could convert your relics into anything Ducats would be for the best.

I have much much much much more relics than I can ever play even though I mass sell them every couple of months. Thats why we need a system to convert them into something else than plat, even though relic to plat is already a pretty good thing.

Edited by MaxTunnerX