Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Appearance of the nukor

(PSN)ITenshiRKI

10 minutes ago, (PSN)ITenshiRKI said:

and I think that many players also don't like the appearance that the Nukor has

Why? Have you talked to anyone about this?

There is a Nightwach and Daybreak skin available. It is all about colouring really.

I think it fits its usage (literally a pistol microwave). 

However since it is an Option only, I really do not mind. Especially considering there are wierder weapons that are able to use those skins (eg. Vermisplicer), it just doesnt seem fair.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, (PSN)ITenshiRKI said:

I think that many players also don't like the appearance that the Nukor has

citation_needed.png

I think it's a wonderfully weird and unique design, plus the further color effects on Kuva versions in general can be made to look quite nice.

That said, more skin options, gimme.

(I still want the Dog Days watergun skin usable on my Primary Sporelacer dangit.)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (PSN)ITenshiRKI said:

The Nukor has a horrible design, it should have the Protokol skins available for Secondary weapons, those skins are not on the Nukor, and I think that many players also don't like the appearance that the Nukor has, hopefully that change can be made.

I don't understand the reasons, but generally speaking, only custom skins work with beam weapons.  (Some funky non-beam weapons have the same limitation. )

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

but generally speaking, only custom skins work with beam weapons

Every beam shotgun primary I can think of can use the universal shotgun skins.  Pretty sure it's just spaghetti code.

That said, I like the Nukor, and I'm not sure what OP's on about.

• Like 1

Just now, MrDugan said:

Every beam shotgun primary I can think of can use the universal shotgun skins.  Pretty sure it's just spaghetti code.

Yeah, I should have specified sidearms, or sidearms and rifles.  Although I couldn't remember if there were any exceptions to in those two groups, so I just stuck with "generally speaking".

2 hours ago, (PSN)ITenshiRKI said:

I tried it, the gun is too big in the barrel part, the only problem is the barrel that looks like a melon@Quest@NinjaZeku

Hm, are you maybe thinking of a different weapon?

Nukor doesn't really have anything I would call a conventional "barrel" and I don't see anything melon-like either.

It's got an ... "emission plate" I guess I would call it, which to me makes sense enough for a weaponized microwave emitter.

BTW, you can respond to multiple people / posts in one single post, you don't need to make a new one for each separate response.

• Like 1

En 23/9/2024 a las 6:17, NinjaZeku dijo:

Hm, are you maybe thinking of a different weapon?

Nukor doesn't really have anything I would call a conventional "barrel" and I don't see anything melon-like either.

It's got an ... "emission plate" I guess I would call it, which to me makes sense enough for a weaponized microwave emitter.

BTW, you can respond to multiple people / posts in one single post, you don't need to make a new one for each separate response.

It is the part of the Nukor that is most noticeable, it has a huge piece in the front area, it is impossible to ignore that visual detail of that weapon, and it is only solved with a skin, other weapons with a different firing mode than the skin have a design option and the Nukor only has the same design with a different color pattern.

• Like 1

En 23/9/2024 a las 6:44, Fred_Avant_2019 dijo:

What about this one?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nukor?file=NukorLunaeusSkin.png

If it's how it's shaped, just use the Cycron instead?

It's just a change of patterns, it doesn't change the shape of the weapon, the weapon looks different inside Warframe, the weapon has a piece in the front area that looks like an enemy's helmet

En 25/9/2024 a las 0:44, Pakaku dijo:

Just a small price to pay for using one of the most blatantly-overpowered pistols in the game

but it wouldn't hurt to have a good fashon on the weapon, and it would just be to make it look like the pistol, shotgun, machine gun and revolver skins that they released for the secondaries, but they didn't release it for all the pistol-type secondaries, they only released it for some, and those skins should be compatible with dual weapons, plus they are wasted having to choose to use a weapon that has a function that you need but at the same time you would like to use the skins, also the same thing happens if someone wants to contrast with the next big update, Warframe 1999, those skins are perfect and should be compatible with all pistol-type secondaries and not just give those skins to certain weapons

49 minutes ago, (PSN)ITenshiRKI said:

but it wouldn't hurt to have a good fashon on the weapon, and it would just be to make it look like the pistol, shotgun, machine gun and revolver skins that they released for the secondaries, but they didn't release it for all the pistol-type secondaries, they only released it for some, and those skins should be compatible with dual weapons, plus they are wasted having to choose to use a weapon that has a function that you need but at the same time you would like to use the skins, also the same thing happens if someone wants to contrast with the next big update, Warframe 1999, those skins are perfect and should be compatible with all pistol-type secondaries and not just give those skins to certain weapons

So many guns in the game can't use "universal" skins anyways, but that doesn't make them a waste unless you deliberately overlook anything good that is actually compatible with the skins anyways

I think it looks fine. It's different and interesting instead of another generic pistol shape. How much time do you spend staring at it anyway? People in missions aren't trying to look at it as you zoom at 100 miles an hour through the air. If you're standing in a relay trying to look fashionable or making capture screenshots, then use a different pistol for your cosplay.

Come on, the Nukor technology design is not bad.

I've been looking at the magnetron gun concept and I think it doesn't fit the Nukor because the magnetic shell design is the complete opposite of a magnetron radiation scatterer.

If the Nukor existed in real life it would be a plasma beam weapon but this technology doesn't exist yet and if it did it wouldn't have a magnetic shell design either.

Spoiler

Here's a Real-World Radioactive Weapon Design That Actually Works: (yep, it's not a joke)

QVYaDm4.jpeg

Edited by Famecans

4 minutes ago, Quest said:

I assumed the reason the protokol skins aren't allowed on the nukor is that they all look like pistols that fire individual bullets/shells

Should that matter? Maybe not

I don't know, but I don't think it's as straightforward as DE blacklisting based on that consideration.  If for no other reason than that it's hard to imagine somebody wanting to spend the time to go through the list and disallow weapons based on  whether they "just don't fit the skin".   (And for that matter, there are plenty of odd non-beam weapons that do work with the skins.)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

(And for that matter, there are plenty of odd non-beam weapons that do work with the skins.)

That's why I had to go back and check, because I thought they actually were allowed on Nukor and Cycron

En 26/9/2024 a las 6:51, Hobie-wan dijo:

I think it looks fine. It's different and interesting instead of another generic pistol shape. How much time do you spend staring at it anyway? People in missions aren't trying to look at it as you zoom at 100 miles an hour through the air. If you're standing in a relay trying to look fashionable or making capture screenshots, then use a different pistol for your cosplay.

The weapon is very noticeable when you use a glaive, I always use a glaive and I have been using a glaive since 2019, the secondary is very noticeable when you use a glaive, especially when you aim, apart from the fact that other players do look at the weapon, when I use the protokol design, players mention it