The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omgggggggg BUT I DON'T WANNA USE IT FOR DAMAGE

4thBro

They could definitely allow you to put on Eclipse, and have it ONLY let you do the Tap function by disabling the Hold function if you have another damage booster.

Just now, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Good news for both of yall. Nova's Null Star is getting reworked, so it will be the best DR ability in Helminth. 
It will scale off strength, not cost much to cast, be recastable, and will not be blocked like eclipse.

Yeah! I'm waiting for that now, it seems.

Still annoying to recast it a bunch, but I'll take what I can get. Still a huge improvement. More DR Helminths are 100% welcome.

(I used to use Null Helminth on some Frames, and the bad QOL made me stop.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4thBro said:

They could definitely allow you to put on Eclipse, and have it ONLY let you do the Tap function by disabling the Hold function if you have another damage booster.

Yeah! I'm waiting for that now, it seems.

Still annoying to recast it a bunch, but I'll take what I can get. Still a huge improvement. More DR Helminths are 100% welcome.

(I used to use Null Helminth on some Frames, and the bad QOL made me stop.)

Due to the insane duration needed, I think the only frame it was viable on before was protea, who really didn't need it.

Looking forward to this, big time.

Replacing damage boosting abilities with another damage boosting ability shouldn't apply Helminth penalties and work like original ability, without restrictions.

I mean if you replace Vex Armor with Roar, you get the original Roar with 50% damage increase. Idk why DE thinks it's a good idea to replace fully powerful damage boosting ability with a weaker one

Edited by _GoodLuck_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Good news for both of yall. Nova's Null Star is getting reworked, so it will be the best DR ability in Helminth. 
It will scale off strength, not cost much to cast, be recastable, and will not be blocked like eclipse.

Probably will be capped at a certain percent and it's extremely finicky to keep the max dr in which you have to dump your range stat. You are definitely over selling this ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joylesstuna said:

Probably will be capped at a certain percent and it's extremely finicky to keep the max dr in which you have to dump your range stat. You are definitely over selling this ability.

I also agree with this, but Chroma still has no other option.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joylesstuna said:

You could try wukongs subsume but that is only 750 armor.

You don't want Armor, because of the diminishing returns. I already have 7618 Armor on him.

Eclipse is 75% damage reduction as a separate multiplier, which is extremely strong on a Helminth. But since it can also be used for damage (even though nobody does cuz it's not as good as Roar in most cases), it's blocked off for Chroma because Vex is also considered a damage booster. (Even though other abilities that boost, namely ones that boost from an augment mod, don't block it, so it's just an inconsistent ruling anyway.)

1 minute ago, Karyst said:

Instead chroma should get nerfed because +1000% damage is too much

It's not that much, honestly. (Not sure if you're trolling though, lol, so my bad if you are.)

It's additive to other damage mods, which people are typically sitting at about 500% to 800% anyway.

Chroma's Vex Armor would be hovering around a +50% final damage boost, give or take. So, obviously, that means you forego most (if not all) damage modding, but you still don't gain very much for doing so.

At the end of the day, Chroma's damage boosting capability falls behind most other notable damage boosting Frames, and ANYONE can just Helminth Roar and pass Chroma's capabilities anyway. And defensively, Chroma lacks an innate separate DR layer from Armor, so once again... he's just lacking in that department, too.

Dude's in a rough spot.

Just now, 4thBro said:

It's not that much, honestly. (Not sure if you're trolling though, lol, so my bad if you are.)

It's additive to other damage mods, which people are typically sitting at about 500% to 800% anyway.

Chroma's Vex Armor would be hovering around a +50% final damage boost, give or take. So, obviously, that means you forego most (if not all) damage modding, but you still don't gain very much for doing so.

At the end of the day, Chroma's damage boosting capability falls behind most other notable damage boosting Frames, and ANYONE can just Helminth Roar and pass Chroma's capabilities anyway. And defensively, Chroma lacks an innate separate DR layer from Armor, so once again... he's just lacking in that department, too.

Dude's in a rough spot.

Ok, but how will deal with the fact that he gives that +1000% damage buff to everyone in the range? Without an augment? You see, miss mirage needs to slot an augment to do that which means less % damage buff. 

Just now, Karyst said:

Ok, but how will deal with the fact that he gives that +1000% damage buff to everyone in the range? Without an augment? You see, miss mirage needs to slot an augment to do that which means less % damage buff. 

You see, nobody complains about Warframes that give buffs, because they in theory do not steal kills.

2 minutes ago, Karyst said:

Once we cross into party buffs and squad gameplay, nothing really matters anymore.

But to answer the question, +1000% weapon damage buff to the entire party, versus Eclipse damage buff to the entire party from a Mirage, Eclipse wins that every time, by a LARGE margin. It doesn't matter if she's gotta use a mod slot on it. It's worth it.

And... Roar is innately a party buff already. So, once again, Roar still outperforms Vex Armor in a squad.

5 minutes ago, Karyst said:

You see, nobody complains about Warframes that give buffs, because they in theory do not steal kills.

I have no idea what this means.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Joylesstuna said:

it's recastable and will have the base charges increased.
it's 25 energy for 60% DR, If you have just 50% modded strength it should be 90% DR on cast.

Even though this will fade over time, it won't be at a rate that will negate it's effectiveness, especially given how cheap it is.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

A lot of my frames that I subsume to don't have high Str so Eclipse with Duration. Null Star might be an option for many other frames though. 75% DR is hard to give up.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Nova's DR applies only to health though unless Pablo changes it in his plan too.

It would also be nice if it had Health Conversion's effect of only draining a charge once every X seconds, but I don't wanna keep asking for more & more things with this change, lol.

The reduced potency Subsumes don't make much sense but they'll prolly nerf Nova's. I'm amazed they gave us Eclipse at 75%.

My Chroma with Nova's 1st would be at 1.4 million eHP and it's going to work for shields now?

Drop an Ancient Healer 14mil. Add Citrine and Trinity,  560mil eHP. A 9999 Bombard rocket hits for 14mil for comparison.