Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei/2 (duviri decree) should show buff name so we can reroll

quxier

https://youtu.be/ukodfJbdixw?si=DMVMJ_ESZOcEQcEp&t=49

We can see Challenge (22 headshots) and condition/complication (koumei loses energy). However we don't see what kind of buff we will get. In the vide we got ammo efficiency on rolls. Let's suppose that we don't have or use guns. So that useless. So spending 50 energy (may change, based on video) & challenge to get nothing useful seems bad.

Suggestion:

Game should show you some info about buff. So full buff from video is:

Nimble gunner

Rolling grants 50% ammo efficency on for 4 second

that's very long in quick game. Game could just show text like "ammo efficiency on rolls". That assume that there COULD be other "ammo efficiency" Decrees. If there is only one (at the moment there is only 1 ammo efficiency decree) then text could show just "ammo efficiency".

3 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

DE better be careful with adding decree's as a power, if they can stack, and/or dont have duration, they'll need to nerf koumei on release just like with dante, because nobody thought to balance check the frame again.

I don't think it'll be that bad, honestly. In my eyes she'll struggle to get much more than like two decree challenges done on average in your typical Exterm/Sabo/Etc length mission (and that's assuming you don't get a nuker, where she'll probably struggle to get any at all), which really neuters any potential for her to get out of hand. That's by nature and by design, Reb outright said that Koumei will get to shine more in Endless runs, but even in endless runs that go the distance.... is it really that bad? Her kit's otherwise pretty unimpressive beyond her 2 and 3, and in my eyes it'll be carried (and at times rendered irrelevant) by the better decrees, if she can get them. Close Contagion, Fearsome Bonanza, Morale Boost, Majestic Strike, Baneful Harmony, you get the gist, stuff like that. 

If she ends up on a good luck spree of fun decrees and is given....eh, 30, 40 minutes in some survival or w/e, then hey, all the power to her. I don't think she'll be oppressive because of that, especially because she needs a lot of time to get to that point, meanwhile Dante just dumps a ton of overguard on your team in the first 10 seconds of a mission and the most he does amounts to a free EDA win each week.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

that's very long in quick game. Game could just show text like "ammo efficiency on rolls". That assume that there COULD be other "ammo efficiency" Decrees. If there is only one (at the moment there is only 1 ammo efficiency decree) then text could show just "ammo efficiency".

As for this... again, it's by design. The decree you get is rolled after completing your challenge, Lady Luck and all that being the theme of the frame, purely to avoid instances where players just keep backing out of a challenge to get a "good" decree. It's not like energy is very hard to come by, after all, and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of players run Nourish + Energy Nexus to facilitate the braindead spam of her 2 on loop. I do think she should be allowed to back out of a particularly nasty challenge or drawback, but that's it.

There may be some restrictions on what decrees she can get based on your current loadout, i.e no melee decrees if you don't have a melee, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the case. Gambling is her whole thing, sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose out.

Edited by McRibbles
Formatting hard.
  • Like 2

I don't know if there is hold down button feature to forfeit the challenge, but would be nice to have to stop that energy drain penalty.

Rather, depending on the challenge, a bit of assistance from fate would be cool and thematic!

Like that headshot challenge, create a bullet attractor around your target. Or the kills while airborne, grant air glide duration. Or the kill while sliding, a small Maglev slide bonus.

18 hours ago, McRibbles said:
22 hours ago, quxier said:

As for this... again, it's by design. The decree you get is rolled after completing your challenge, Lady Luck and all that being the theme of the frame, purely to avoid instances where players just keep backing out of a challenge to get a "good" decree. It's not like energy is very hard to come by, after all, and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of players run Nourish + Energy Nexus to facilitate the braindead spam of her 2 on loop. I do think she should be allowed to back out of a particularly nasty challenge or drawback, but that's it.

Spamming to get good Decree is one extreme. Doing challenges and getting bad is another. There has to be some middle ground. Otherwise this ability would be free subsume slot (based on player's luck).

Energy is not big issue. Wasting time is. It's huge issue. Maybe not for all players but some will hate it.

9 hours ago, AsffluffyZ said:

Isn't the point of gambling with fate getting what one gets regardless of whether the "reward" is desired?

Yeah, but it's game. Imagine all your 4 ablities doesn't work for 5 minutes (e.g. assume that if you roll <4 you have no ability effect). You press keys and you get no effect. Is it fun? No.This is worse because you have to do some challenge, so you waste much more time.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Spamming to get good Decree is one extreme. Doing challenges and getting bad is another. There has to be some middle ground. Otherwise this ability would be free subsume slot (based on player's luck).

Energy is not big issue. Wasting time is. It's huge issue. Maybe not for all players but some will hate it.

Yeah, but it's game. Imagine all your 4 ablities doesn't work for 5 minutes (e.g. assume that if you roll <4 you have no ability effect). You press keys and you get no effect. Is it fun? No.This is worse because you have to do some challenge, so you waste much more time.

Not every player has to like a frame. Besides seeing as Koumei isn't out yet why do you assume that you can't reroll?

I mean she's a gambling frame. It would be accurate. 

Even if it was bad, you have three other powerful abilities that just let you spread status like a mother#*!%er. 

Granted, I'd probably get frustrated 2 hours in playing her, but it would just be thematic if nothing else. 

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, quxier a dit :

Wasting time is. It's huge issue.

Bruh, this is Warframe we are talking about. If spending time doing something fun or challenging with a random reward is a waste of time for you, this is definitely not the game you should play.

45 minutes ago, dwqrf said:
4 hours ago, quxier said:

Bruh, this is Warframe we are talking about. If spending time doing something fun or challenging with a random reward is a waste of time for you, this is definitely not the game you should play.

1 hour ago, AsffluffyZ said:

Not every player has to like a frame.

> Example frame that does nothing

> You don't have to like frame

1 hour ago, AsffluffyZ said:

besides seeing as Koumei isn't out yet why do you assume that you can't reroll?

It's "what if". I post it when it has even slight chance to be heard & changed. After I get the frame it will be probably too late.

50 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

We are talking about abilities not general gameplay.