The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caliban's Passive still sucks.

Kaiga

16 hours ago, Kaiga said:

Still get hit by the remaining 2/3rds of damage types per attack.

Do enemies still even use the full IPS stats of player weapons? I could a sworn they got changed a while back, but I could definitely be Mandela-ing that

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)MYKK678 a dit :

Getting half damage from certain attacks + Healing yourself + Healing Shields + Shield Regen from summons + immobilising every enemy surrounding you + aggro pulled by your summons, seems like enough. It actually honestly seems like too much. (Touch wood) but I'm half expecting a nerf to something. Caliban might just be an A -> S Tier frame with all of that plus Armor Strip in his repertoire.

Always been the case (except for the +Shield Healing, but which was done with a simple Augur mod or Brief Respite to kick start Conculysts Shield Regen). Nobody bothered farming him, catalysing or formating him, due to some post New War hate train, dismissing his whole kit in the process and nitpicking his spells individually saying "other Warframes do it better" (while none of them had this combo of tools, none, ever).

You forgot to had +% Damage Vulnerability debuff which had a better scaling than Roar (and wasn't exclusive to it).

3 hours ago, vFlitz said:

The benefit gained getting outscaled by enemies in just a short while applies as much to everyone around as it does to Caliban. When it gets to the point where the summons get shredded, do you think it makes a tangible difference whether I have to resummon them every 2 seconds or every 4 seconds?

Not really. Caliban's passive looks better on paper, but its actual impact on gameplay past early game misisons is only barely more than nothing. Whether you make loud farts when falling from a height like Rhino or have Caliban's passive, you'll never feel a difference.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Caliban always had distracting enemies and shield regen from his summons as well as token healing from Razor Gyre, the latter getting only slightly less useless and still being the designated Helminth fodder in his kit changes nothing in the equation. People rightfully called his passive bad then and it still remains that now.

I don't even think he should have adaptation as his passive to begin with. Something that interacts with Tau status would be far more interesting now. He has no built-in ways to capitalize on status vulnerability on enemies like Dante does, so the new status that only he can apply is as useful to his as it is to everyone else. More specialization in this field would make it feel much more unique.

"Never played OG Caliban and so didn't know how awful the Sentients pulling aggro or the Shield Regen was when they continuously flew out of range", got it. I'm here to talk with folks who know the frame though so you'll have to wait outside.

43 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Always been the case (except for the +Shield Healing, but which was done with a simple Augur mod or Brief Respite to kick start Conculysts Shield Regen). Nobody bothered farming him, catalysing or formating him, due to some post New War hate train, dismissing his whole kit in the process and nitpicking his spells individually saying "other Warframes do it better" (while none of them had this combo of tools, none, ever).

You forgot to had +% Damage Vulnerability debuff which had a better scaling than Roar (and wasn't exclusive to it).

Let's do that properly to showcase a proper comparison, considering you won't:

Old

- Getting half damage from certain attacks

- Can't Heal himself

- Cant Heal Shields

- Shield regen from summons IF they decide to stay close to you, which they wont

- Immobilises enemies around you for 1 single hit which sends them flying away from the rest of your hits or 1 single bullet and then they drop to the ground, making the lift completely useless

- Aggro pulled by underlevelled summons, granting you about 3.6 seconds of freedom before they die and you get swarmed

Vs

New

- Getting half damage from certain attacks

- Healing yourself with power 1

- Healing Shields with power 1

- Proper Shield Regen from dedicated summons showcased in a video

- Immobilises all enemies for X amount of seconds, no sending them flying, no dropping after 1 hit, immobilised

- Aggro pulled by proper levelled summons, who now also all continuously regenerate as long as the main Sentient spawning them remains alive, and now there's 6 of them.

I think you and I have different understandings of the term "Always been the case". Your boss must love you though, whether you get paid $5 for a job or $500 it must be the same to you, getting paid for the job has "always been the case". No difference there at all.

5 hours ago, vFlitz said:

The benefit gained getting outscaled by enemies in just a short while applies as much to everyone around as it does to Caliban. When it gets to the point where the summons get shredded, do you think it makes a tangible difference whether I have to resummon them every 2 seconds or every 4 seconds?

Not really. Caliban's passive looks better on paper, but its actual impact on gameplay past early game misisons is only barely more than nothing. Whether you make loud farts when falling from a height like Rhino or have Caliban's passive, you'll never feel a difference.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Caliban always had distracting enemies and shield regen from his summons as well as token healing from Razor Gyre, the latter getting only slightly less useless and still being the designated Helminth fodder in his kit changes nothing in the equation. People rightfully called his passive bad then and it still remains that now.

I don't even think he should have adaptation as his passive to begin with. Something that interacts with Tau status would be far more interesting now. He has no built-in ways to capitalize on status vulnerability on enemies like Dante does, so the new status that only he can apply is as useful to his as it is to everyone else. More specialization in this field would make it feel much more unique.

All that is assuming that you are RP'ing a target dummy.