Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Netracells spawns

Lord_Drod

Did anyone else have really low spawns after update?  My runs all took twice as long as normal on all different tiles.  Only 2-4 enemies would show.

It made no difference w cordon.  There wasn't anything to group.  These missions with no enemies are brutal.  I was not using cold or slow and never do.

I guess I can't solo these anymore if they're going to withhold enemies.

• Like 9

So far no issues on my end, and I mainly do Netracells solo since I don't wanna waste time finding a squad and randos just don't know how the gamemode works.

A lot of enemies tend to take a while to get into the marked area or to be close enough for you to kill them while in the area yourself so I play Inaros not only for the survivability but to also drag enemies towards the point so I can kill them and make the objective progress faster.

You can clearly tell the spawn rate once you get the keys and enter the gate. If there's tons of enemy, it's going to be good. If you only see a few, the mission is a long haul. And then you have the enemy AI walking in circles because the player likes to move around the tileset. This is made worse when said player is going from one downstairs to upstairs and vice versa. I mean, I had three rogue necromech stuck in one spot before. So there's that as well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ominumi said:

You can clearly tell the spawn rate once you get the keys and enter the gate. If there's tons of enemy, it's going to be good. 

Agreed.  It seems like some missions are just bugged.  I get to netracell within 2 mins and have never had it take over 10 mins from there, but now every one is like that.

My fastest netracells runs are low 5 mins, but last night I could not break 10 mins.  In the process of running to netracells I guess 40% of enemies are permanently stuck in the map.  

If they won't fix spawning I guess I should just take out the veldt and dual heat swords for this mission and get done at same time.

And to me...one 30m radar mod seems to affect spawn density.  I am unaware of an enemy cap for base enemy radar, but even if it wasn't pinging them, the enemy would still BE there, but there's no enemy density without the radar mod.  This is also true for mot SP or an extremely common coincidence.  Added radar should just ping enemies farther out, but that's not how it appears to work.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

Agreed.  It seems like some missions are just bugged.  I get to netracell within 2 mins and have never had it take over 10 mins from there, but now every one is like that.

My fastest netracells runs are low 5 mins, but last night I could not break 10 mins.  In the process of running to netracells I guess 40% of enemies are permanently stuck in the map.  

If they won't fix spawning I guess I should just take out the veldt and dual heat swords for this mission and get done at same time.

And to me...one 30m radar mod seems to affect spawn density.  I am unaware of an enemy cap for base enemy radar, but even if it wasn't pinging them, the enemy would still BE there, but there's no enemy density without the radar mod.  This is also true for mot SP or an extremely common coincidence.  Added radar should just ping enemies farther out, but that's not how it appears to work.

Try killing enemy at the gate just to test out the spawn rate. Normally the enemy spawn rate shouldn't go down after a certain numbers of kills before arriving at the objective. 

I made sure to try different locations before replying since some are better than others.

It was very noticeable for Solo. I'd guess 30% of the original spawn rate. My fav spot I was sitting around waiting for enemies.

Focus gains used to be about 20k x2. I do it just out of boredom. Now around 6k x2.

• Like 3

Also experiencing this issue.
Not only Netracells, but seems to be all missions in Sanctum Anatomica.

What seems to be happening is that the Fragment enemy type are getting stuck in random places before they can reach the player, maybe something is off with their IA / pathing. With that no new enemies spawn until the strugglers are dealt with, breaking the flow of some mission types (Netracells, Alchemy, Disruption)

On 2024-10-03 at 1:43 PM, Lord_Drod said:

Did anyone else have really low spawns after update?  My runs all took twice as long as normal on all different tiles.  Only 2-4 enemies would show.

It made no difference w cordon.  There wasn't anything to group.  These missions with no enemies are brutal.  I was not using cold or slow and never do.

I guess I can't solo these anymore if they're going to withhold enemies.

Yes, it's pretty bad. I've posted in feedback with picture examples of before/after in terms of spawns and time.

• Like 2

Just adding on, I also just encountered this in a netracell. All 4 of us were in the circle the entire time but we would have maybe 5 enemies max at a time. A mission that takes 15 minutes on a bad run for me just took 25 minutes. There were a few times where enemies were just outside the circle stuck on the wall not going anywhere. Hopefully this gets addressed soon, while I enjoy the netracell missions that was a painfully dull experience.

• Like 1

On 2024-10-03 at 7:43 PM, Lord_Drod said:

Did anyone else have really low spawns after update?

Yeah, very low spawn rate and enemies also take a billion years to get to the position. I don't know if they changed enemy AI, but we were getting Narmer Corpus stuck behind crates in this week's Archon defense and it took an awful long time too.

So oddly, I have only done one Netracell, and that wasn't too different. I did do two SP Survivals though, in Sanctum Anatomica, and that had weird spawn issues. Like a lot of enemies seemed lost, and confused. Like where they normally should be, the density was much less than usual, but if I went looking down halls and rooms, I would see little red dots on the mini map, around the edges. So it seemed like a lot of enemies were just not getting aggroed at all, until I went right up and shot them. 

Might be different issues or the same issue, but yeah that area seems a bit scuffed at the moment.